Why Syrian-Americans support Trump

Bleipriester

Freedom!
Nov 14, 2012
Doucheland
Most of those Syrian-Americans support Trump and many won´t even vote without Trump.

48720516.cached.jpg

Although Trump is not a fan of Assad (Trump thinks he is not a good guy), they have many in common. However, what President Assad had already proven, is up to President Trump to prove: He lets deeds follow the words.

"Many of these Christians fervently back Bashar al-Assad, as they feel he treats Syria’s Christians fairly and is their best protection against spreading Islamist extremism in the region. So they like Trump, as they feel he’s their best hope for limiting Western intervention on behalf of the rebels seeking to take down Assad. To an extent, they see Trump and Assad as two of a kind when it comes to protecting the region’s Christians.

For Moussa, Trump’s campaign promise to protect Christians sounds very personal. Other candidates talk about their faith, Moussa said. But only Trump promises to actively protect Christians—just like Assad.

“I think they do not want Syria to progress—they want to bring it down,” he said of the Obama administration’s view of the nation. “They brought Iraq down. They did in Vietnam. Tell me a country that America went to they didn’t leave it in shambles.”

Sabbagh said he hopes Assad stays in power—and he believes a President Trump would keep him there.

“Leave us alone, we will care for ourselves,” he said of the country. “We would like [Assad] to stay because for Christians, he is our protection."

For Moussa, voting Trump is easy.

“The only hope, I think, for us is to see Trump go to the White House,” he said. “And honestly, I’m not gonna vote if it’s not gonna be for him.”"

These Syrian-American Christians Love Trump Because They Say He's Like Assad

Last edited:
Assad's tribe constitutes about 16% of the population, yet holds the reigns of power.....I don't think that many other tribes in Syria really want to see him survive,,,

Assad's tribe constitutes about 16% of the population, yet holds the reigns of power.....I don't think that many other tribes in Syria really want to see him survive,,,
He is not a clan chief but the elected President of a sovereign nation.

Forum List

Back