'Why Study Philosophy'

I have a BA in Philosophy and have had nothing but trouble in the job market. I think this stems from the laziness of businesses that would prefer specialized degrees over training a well rounded, educated person.

Have you not been asked to prove 1 + 1 = 3 in one of your job interviews?

There is no need at all to go to college to study liberal arts.

You can do it on your own for free. The funny thing is that the public is convinced that they have to spend tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars to read a book.

Learning in an academic setting can be a much more enriched experience than learning on your own.

lol oddly enough no ha

Utilization of the degree you have is an individual issue. Having a degree even in a specialized field will not automatically guarantee your success. I have known quite a few people with degrees in engineering who drifted jobless for a significant portion of their 20s till they found a way to land and hold a job. Job interviews are nerve-racking for some people and a bad one sends them in depression. In a nutshell, succeeding in life requires, apart from a university degree, a host of different skills that include overcoming rejection, recognizing your weak points and working on them, getting along with people, identifying a career where you excel, good work ethics and so on.

lol oddly enough no ha

Utilization of the degree you have is an individual issue. Having a degree even in a specialized field will not automatically guarantee your success. I have known quite a few people with degrees in engineering who drifted jobless for a significant portion of their 20s till they found a way to land and hold a job. Job interviews are nerve-racking for some people and a bad one sends them in depression. In a nutshell, succeeding in life requires, apart from a university degree, a host of different skills that include overcoming rejection, recognizing your weak points and working on them, getting along with people, identifying a career where you excel, good work ethics and so on.
I agree with that!

...Sounds like either be a prostitute or be lazy....

If you don't want a job, don't bitch about not finding one. If you want a job, don't bitch about working for it. Either or, champ.
If you dislike bitching don't bitch about bitching

That's not clever, it's irrational. You fail. Now get off your ass and go do something about your situation, unless you're satisfied with it as is.
I have been...but you wouldn't know that since you creep around forums all day bitching at people and trying to make yourself look better, or smarter, than others. The University of Prague or the Cato Institute could use a faculty member, researcher, like you.

If you don't want a job, don't bitch about not finding one. If you want a job, don't bitch about working for it. Either or, champ.

That's not clever, it's irrational. You fail. Now get off your ass and go do something about your situation, unless you're satisfied with it as is.
I have been....

Really? This: "I have a BA in Philosophy and have had nothing but trouble in the job market. I think this stems from the laziness of businesses that would prefer specialized degrees over training a well rounded, educated person." just sounds like bitching to me.

I have been....

Really? This: "I have a BA in Philosophy and have had nothing but trouble in the job market. I think this stems from the laziness of businesses that would prefer specialized degrees over training a well rounded, educated person." just sounds like bitching to me.
Well you proven yourself to be an insensitive, rude and arrogant person. So, what sounds like one thing to you, doesn't mean much to me.

Well you proven yourself to be an insensitive, rude and arrogant person.

That's just great precious, but such tender feelings won't help you get a job. Neither will sitting around whining about the people who don't hire you.

That's just great precious, but such tender feelings won't help you get a job. Neither will sitting around whining about the people who don't hire you.
Like I said. You are wasting your 'talent' in a forum. You should be a professor at some prestigious university or a researcher for the Cato Institute. You are an under achiever and you have room to criticize me? ha

Like I said. You are wasting your 'talent' in a forum.

And you are wasting your time with clumsy, failed attempts at bandying words with me instead of finding some "non-lazy" company that will hire you.

And you are wasting your time with clumsy, failed attempts at bandying words with me instead of finding some "non-lazy" company that will hire you.
lol good one...but doesn't let you off the hook for being an under achiever.

You are really bad at ad-hominem. You should try a different approach.

You are really bad at ad-hominem. You should try a different approach.
Nor are you proficient at ad hoc.

Forum List

Back