Why South Africa is Still the Most Unequal Country on the Planet

Here's a perfect example of what happens when leftwingers get their way:

After the ending of Apartheid, South Africa looked set to become the driving force of the African continent. It had the developed world’s support behind it, popular support from almost everyone, and yet it has sunk to the very bottom of the world’s equality rankings (in terms of economic disparity). And it’s not only economically that South Africa is struggling. Political corruption is rife, violence is high, and the threat of insurrection is never far away.

When the charismatic Mandela came to power as the head of the African National Congress (ANC, the present ruling party), many in the Western governments and media predicted a “great leveling” (Nelson was after all an avowed Communist), they assumed that all people would grow richer and that South Africa’s problems would soon be solved. But this wasn’t to be.

Soweto (now famous as the setting of the movie (District 9), has now become an almost unmanageable sprawl of poor housing spreading into barely stable shacks and lean-tos. Blacks, Whites and Coloured,* who have any money at all, move into gated communities with armed guards, and the incredible rise of gun crime, carjacking and home invasions affects almost every aspect of day to day life.

Make sure you read the article at the link

I have lived in SA for a year... SA is a right wing country... There is no doubt about that...

Healthcare is private, Schools are private, no social security, Jails are full, Guns are plentiful and no permit for carrying...

SA is exactly what the RIght wing would make America and I have lived there. Have you?

Puhleeze. The people running the South African government are outright communists.

It amazes me that snowflakes are so moronic that they can post shit that is so obviously not true.

New Topics

Forum List

Back