Why So Many Sudden Sexual Harrassment Cases? It's The Law!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by toobfreak, Nov 22, 2017.

1. toobfreak

toobfreak Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,641
    The laws between the USA and other countries like Britain are diametrically opposite. Elsewhere, when you accuse someone of something, you have the burden of proof. In the USA, our media are protected and once accused, the burden is on you to prove them wrong (which the law makes difficult and expensive).

Why so many sexual harassment cases in US, not UK?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,718
    Unless you are a Democrat then you get a free pass.

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. ScienceRocks

ScienceRocks Democrat all the way!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,086
    Here in the untied states you're guilty until you prove to be innocent. Not right....

Meaning someone can destroy you just because they hate you or you're standing in their way.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. forkup

forkup Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +931
    Sorry to tell you but Since Weinstein there have been several high profile media personas accused in my country Belgium so no, it's not unique to the US. It seems to be a genuine case of woman feeling they can now more freely talk about instances of harassment. How r/belgium and the media are covering the Bart de Pauw events • r/belgium
    I also want to point out that in most cases the satisfaction of bringing the story out is the only type of compensation the victims get. Do you prefer them to be quiet?

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  5. Dalia

Dalia Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,164
    It is the opposite in France, you are innocent until you are made guilty. Napoleon1 law .
    We also have a lot of known person sexual abuse statement that dates back several years it's like a fashion.
    Why wait so many years to say that there are being abused? not that it does not matter far from it.
    But it's strange anyway!

6. tinydancer

tinydancer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,576
    OMG I just looked out the window because I agreed with you. And holy toledo there they are!!!!!!!!!!!

:lmao:

[​IMG]

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 2
  7. tinydancer

tinydancer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,576
    Accuse away. But those accusations must be investigated fully. And if the allegations are false, charge the accuser and put them in jail as they do in Britain.

Accusations can ruin lives as we just witnessed here in "A Rape on Campus". It was a total lie and Rolling Stone magazine and the writer are being seriously punished financially>

But the woman who made up everything is getting off scot free. She should have been prosecuted and jailed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. forkup

forkup Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +931
    I think in the cases of public figures, accusations are investigated fully. And if those accused want to sue for libel they are free to do so. My point is that the poster of the OP seems too try to make a case for the media to only be allowed to cover sexual harassment stories in cases were guilt can be proven before a court of law. Beyond reasonable doubt is a standard that has a rightful place in a court of law but in my view shouldn't be used as the standard to allow the media to cover something, simply because that would disallow most stories. Cases of sexual harassment or even rape are a perfect example of this. In most cases it's word against word and the media quite often is the only way for the victims to get at least some sense of justice. Do you claim the media should disregard those victims because they can't prove the event beyond reasonable doubt?

9. Dalia

Dalia Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,164
    I am for the defense of women first and foremost.
    Men should above all respect women and not see women as a sexual object. many girls end up in the hands of sex pretenders and end up raped or killed. a woman is a mother, a daughter, a sister.
    But I think it's a very big media conspiracy too to bring down Trump in any way possible. they are the lousy ones first and foremost.
    The path is heading towards him and accusations that have been made against him during the primaries and the grabbing pu *** story. video is a cloakroom language.
    They will come to say that things have happened with him that is the goal of bringing down the others before him. The tree that hides the forest

10. forkup

forkup Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +931
    The Billy Bush tape wasn't the only time Trump got caught on tape.

If you are for the defense of woman first and foremost how do you vote for Trump?
    I don't have to rely on mere accusations I can simply listen to him and then hear woman confirm he actually did as he described. How do you mesh defending woman while protecting Trump?

• Winner Winner x 1