Why Should

High risk is just that. It is a risk that is rated to the potential claims. Insurance exists for these people. THe premiums are just very high. If government wants to regulate for abuse by insurance companies against high risk fine. Forcing charity from the public is not American.

I don't disagree. I am, however, prepared to give some ground on it, because it is important to ensure that those with pre-existing conditions get descent coverage. I'm also not a believer in 'forced charity', but I think if we had a group of non political individuals who could work through the issues and find solutions that don't involve +2000 pages of crap then we might actually find a solution that suits the majority and helps those with pre-existing conditions.

stripped of the semantic gymnastics in your arguments --- you sound like a liberal or even worse, an Obama supporter.
Dev...there are people here who have liberal as well as conservative views....we are not all hacks like yo...i mean Rdean.....:eusa_whistle:

Is health care a privilege or a right?

depends....it is not a right for the Govt to take care of you.....but i believe that if someone needs medical care....they should be able to get it....and i mean decent care not 3rd world shit......and i believe if you tell the ins. co.'s that there will be new rules and regs coming into effect....and let them work on it.....they will come up with a plan to address this and the pre-existing and no dropping issues....if they dont....then obviously something has got to be done....

My party had six years to fix the problem: the Senate, the House, and the Presidency. We failed to do so, lost two elections, and now are posting that the American people need more time. Screw that. I am Republican and I support action.

To you reactionary conloons and libertarians. You don't count today. And if you can't frame your arguments in a more consensu-oriented process, you will remain irrelevant.

Your little game is gay, just like you ........

What about your little games?? I know of no example of where Greyson has called a woman a whore.. Please provide a link or stop your ignorant and misinformed slander!!

Your game is beyond gay.. Your game is simply rebuttlican.. Full of lies and and contains no actually information.. :eusa_whistle:

depends....it is not a right for the Govt to take care of you.....but i believe that if someone needs medical care....they should be able to get it....and i mean decent care not 3rd world shit......and i believe if you tell the ins. co.'s that there will be new rules and regs coming into effect....and let them work on it.....they will come up with a plan to address this and the pre-existing and no dropping issues....if they dont....then obviously something has got to be done....

Harry, I am not being confrontational here. Why did that not happen then?

Actually, no. medical care is not a 'right', nor is it a 'privilege'.

Priviledge denotes....if you have the connections or the money or status you get help otherwise fuck you.....that is no good

but the Right thing is tough....i believe if someone is sick and for whatever reason they have lost their Ins. they should be able to get aid....how they go about getting it and who pays for it....that is the dilemma..a healthy Country is a good thing though....

Your missing the point and that is not what I asked..

Is healthcare a right or a privilege??

The government is charged with protecting and defending our rights.. Which means that healthcare must be made available for every american some how.. Since insurance is not getting the job done then the government must step in and make it right.. That is the charge of the government..

I would not trust an insurance company to do anything but worry about the value of their stock or their profit margin.. They have no desire to provide us with good solid affordable healthcare.. Why do you think insurance companies do not underwrite flood insurance?? All flood insurance is underwritten by FEMA.. Not to mention, since FEMA doesn't actually sell flood insurance, all insurance companies get to keep 50% of all the premiums they collect from selling flood insurance policies.. 50% for just selling a policy and no liability.. Why do you suppose that is??

Well.. I'll tell you.. A number of years ago, the government was writing laws to make flood insurance better.. Since insurance companies weren't paying out cause they were calling a flood an act of god.. Or some other excuse not to pay.. When the government came in and said they had to pay, they told the government that they can't profit from it and will no longer sell it.. FEMA took up the slack..

Healthcare will be no different.. Insurance companies created the pre-existing condition issue.. It gave them an excuse not to pay.. That is all an insurance company does.. Look for a reason not to pay.. Even so far as to simply drop a policy of a good paying customer in their time of need..

Again.. Is healthcare a right or a privilege??

Last edited:
an insurance company be forced to give coverage for a pre existing condition?

Because it's an insurance company of course. It's objective is to make money and it can't make money if it has to cover all comers. If that happens then the risk equation goes belly up in the favour of those all comers and the company itself will go broke.

ding ding ding

My party had six years to fix the problem: the Senate, the House, and the Presidency. We failed to do so, lost two elections, and now are posting that the American people need more time. Screw that. I am Republican and I support action.

To you reactionary conloons and libertarians. You don't count today. And if you can't frame your arguments in a more consensu-oriented process, you will remain irrelevant.

What about your little games?? I know of no example of where Greyson has called a woman a whore.. Please provide a link or stop your ignorant and misinformed slander!!

Your game is beyond gay.. Your game is simply rebuttlican.. Full of lies and and contains no actually information.. :eusa_whistle:

Jesus Christ, i always have to do the legwork for you lazy, uninformed assholes. Here it is right from one of your favorite sources, the Huff n Puff post:

Grayson Calls Linda Robertson A "K Street Whore"

Damn you suck at this ....

Now who's lying ? ...... :eusa_whistle:

The Swiss have the right idea.

question: .. So if you ask the people of Switzerland, is everyone entitled to decent health care, the Swiss would say?

answer: Everybody has a right to health care.

question: You would say, yes, they have a right, and you provide it.

answer: Yes, and high quality. Naturally, you can have a better quality. To be in a room with only one bed, you have to pay something supplementary. But even that, I see in my own canton, which is not a rich canton -- and hospitals belong to the cities or to the canton now; they belong to the canton -- they intend to improve the system so that the people can be alone in a room when they are in hospital, rich or poor.

FRONTLINE: sick around the world: interviews: pascal couchepin | PBS

and they have a great knife....and chocolate...

what party is that Jake?....

Jesus Christ, i always have to do the legwork for you lazy, uninformed assholes. Here it is right from one of your favorite sources, the Huff n Puff post:

Grayson Calls Linda Robertson A "K Street Whore"

Damn you suck at this ....

Now who's lying ? ...... :eusa_whistle:

Awww, where'd the newbtard run off too ? .... :eusa_whistle:

Right, Harry, that the insurance industry would "fix" it when it is making incredible profit margins. Not only are you a conloon, you are not a very bright one. Please go tell it elsewhere.

its their industry asshole....let them fix it....if not then someone is going to have to step in.....but give them first crack....and trying to pass yourself off as a republican in a forum with many Republicans shows everyone here how fucking pathetic and stupid you are Jake.....i still havent seen you trash any leftist here Jake...after 5700 posts you think you would have a few....you bad mouth plenty of righties though....just about everytime you post....Jake...the UNDERCOVER REPUBLICAN ....what a joke....

Your missing the point and that is not what I asked..

Is healthcare a right or a privilege??

The government is charged with protecting and defending our rights.. Which means that healthcare must be made available for every american some how.. Since insurance is not getting the job done then the government must step in and make it right.. That is the charge of the government..

I would not trust an insurance company to do anything but worry about the value of their stock or their profit margin.. They have no desire to provide us with good solid affordable healthcare.. Why do you think insurance companies do not underwrite flood insurance?? All flood insurance is underwritten by FEMA.. Not to mention, since FEMA doesn't actually sell flood insurance, all insurance companies get to keep 50% of all the premiums they collect from selling flood insurance policies.. 50% for just selling a policy and no liability.. Why do you suppose that is??

Well.. I'll tell you.. A number of years ago, the government was writing laws to make flood insurance better.. Since insurance companies weren't paying out cause they were calling a flood an act of god.. Or some other excuse not to pay.. When the government came in and said they had to pay, they told the government that they can't profit from it and will no longer sell it.. FEMA took up the slack..

Healthcare will be no different.. Insurance companies created the pre-existing condition issue.. It gave them an excuse not to pay.. That is all an insurance company does.. Look for a reason not to pay.. Even so far as to simply drop a policy of a good paying customer in their time of need..

Again.. Is healthcare a right or a privilege??

it should ....but not a Fed. Govt one....maybe the States should have something for their citizens....and if the govt makes pre-existing and dropping against federal law,then the big bad Ins. industry will have to accomodate those laws or go out of business.....

Harry, I am not being confrontational here. Why did that not happen then?

did anyone get these guys together and tell them that new strict laws are coming so its time for this industry to change?....and if you dont change how you handle people....the Feds will step in and do it for you,and you may not like the rules you will have to live by,or your out of business ....has this happened?....i dont remember it happening.....look i know this isnt as serious,but a few years ago they did this with the video game industry.....Lieberman told them the problems with their more violent games....and told them you guys police yourselves or Congress will do it for you.....well they came up with the rating system for their games and a few other things....and now apparently everyone is happy.....but its their industry and they were told what was expected of them and they did it....i feel let the Ins Companies be given a list of the laws that are going to be past....and all the problems happening and let them have first crack....its their industry either they fix it or someone else will....but give them the first crack at it...if they dont do it...then fuck em...

Oh, the insurance industry should have been given more time? What makes you think for even a silly second they would do it. And did our Republican majority with a Republican president tell them to do it?

This is a pox on our GOP house, and we brought it on ourselves.

so can we drop our auto insurance now and wait to make payments when and if we have an accidente??? that's a cool damn plan stan..

Forum List

Back