Why should this woman be force to pay $350,000+ in estate taxes?

Americans used to see the danger in allowing vast fortunes to become dynastic but I guess we just do not find the idea of an aristocracy distasteful and a threat to liberty anymore. I have no sympathy for the idle rich. There are people in much worse situations, no one has ever been made destitute by the inheritance tax so I weep not for their spoiled little plight.

Right, so you apparently don't even understand what this thread is supposed to be about. Probably didn't even click the link. Railing on about rich people, and you haven't any idea if this woman is rich or not.

I read the link but it does not change my feelings on the matter. The fight over the inheritance tax effects such a narrow group of people that it is ludicrous that it is an issue among working class voters. Why should I care about an issue the Walton family have spent vast sums to make a mainstream controversy?

:hmpf:

This isn't about tax.

I think most of the people in this topic have not read the OP link! :lol:

It applies directly to what has been in my signature for some time.

Let the flip-flopping begin!

Last edited:
you guys do know you can leave millions to someone without them paying any inheritance tax right?

Right, so you apparently don't even understand what this thread is supposed to be about. Probably didn't even click the link. Railing on about rich people, and you haven't any idea if this woman is rich or not.

I read the link but it does not change my feelings on the matter. The fight over the inheritance tax effects such a narrow group of people that it is ludicrous that it is an issue among working class voters. Why should I care about an issue the Walton family have spent vast sums to make a mainstream controversy?

This isn't about tax.
Sure it is, just because it overlaps with the DOMA travesty, does not mean that it is not all about the cash. In this case she should not have to pay but it does not make the inheritance tax itself any less necessary and right.

This isn't about tax.
Sure it is, just because it overlaps with the DOMA travesty, does not mean that it is not all about the cash. In this case she should not have to pay but it does not make the inheritance tax itself any less necessary and right.

She would not have been taxed if they were a straight couple.

This isn't about tax.

She would not have been taxed if they were a straight couple.

Yes but her heirs will be unless the Walton family gets their pet republicans to give them a multi-billion dollar going away present.

But Obama thinks she didn't earn it on her own and that we should ALL share a piece of her financial pie.

I support the estate tax. I also think their civil union should include the same rights as marraige and therefore she should not have to pay this tax.

But Obama thinks she didn't earn it on her own and that we should ALL share a piece of her financial pie.

Actually, Obama believes gays should have the same marriage rights as straight people. Therefore, Obama would not tax this woman if he had his way.

How about them apples?

Death and estate taxes should be done away with.

Why the hell should the Govt either State of Fed get a piece of someones inheritance.

The folks that earned it payed taxes their whole lives and deserve what they had the good sense to save and pass on to their heirs.

Bullshit in my book.

I would agree if we raised the rate on long term capital gains. Tax revenues must be raised somewhere, and the fact is that the bottom 40% is not the place to go for those taxes. If we consider that the Walton heirs have a net worth equal to that of the bottom 40%, it become evident why we need tax revenue from the wealthy. The funniest argument I hear is that we should get rid of estate taxes and capital gains taxes. Just let the super wealthy build one empire after another.

I understand the ideology of believing you should keep most of what you work for, but their really is a flipside to that. In the end there has to be a reasonable balance of wealth spread out among society. That is how we get a strong middle class. Without a strong middle class, everything falls apart, for the wealthy also. It has nothing to do with wanting to take away from the wealthy or being jealous of them. It's just not good for society.

Think about this seriously, and I have nothing against the Waltons or their wealth, but is it a good thing for six people to have a combined wealth equal to that of 125 million people? If you believe it is a good thing, then please explain how?

Shitheads who object to the Estate Tax are some of the stupidest people around. The Estate Tax actually lowers the tax-rate for middle-class families and makes calculating tax liability easier.

But, shithead Tea Party types keep insisting on tax increases for the middle-class, because they're too stupid to understand the tax plans that they're demanding.

Anyway, if these dykes hit the Supreme Court right now, they'll lose 4-5, Jews vs. people. But, add one more God Damned Jew to the Supreme Court and the precedent, Congress, morality, and the Constitution will be ignored in all court decisions.

Forum List

Back