Why should the poor not have to pay federal income tax

All we hear from the left is have the rich pay more.
That's not all WE hear. Its all YOU hear.

yeah right, its not like Obama every other sentences is pay your fair share or raise taxes on the rich. If you dont hear it you have selective hearing!

Everyone should pay an equal % share on all income for income tax... sort of goes along with that whole equality in treatment by government under law thing
Exactly! until everyone is hurt equally by taxes, there will be no incentive for Congress to get spending under control. The Liberal mantra of raising taxes on the evil 2% is there, not to raise revenue, but to raise votes. Fuck over 2% and pander to 98% is a sure way to retain power. In order to see what happens when you tax producers into oblivion in order to buy votes, one need look no further than Detroit.

Actually, you should blame Reagan for the fact that poor people don't pay income taxes.

Because no one should have to pay income taxes.

Absolutely correct - there is no law that mandates federal income tax...

Of course sales taxation is legal - not federal income tax.

The notion that the federal government can tax an income is a myth, "separation of church and state" is a fantastic example.

I suppose if you brainwash shit into peoples heads they will accept and become obedient then submit to the lies.

The shit pisses me off to no extent...

Of course most people won't even take the time to read the Bill of Rights these days..

Last edited:
All we hear from the left is have the rich pay more. Give more . GIMME Why cant the poor pay something. Even if its 120 dollars a year .. YOu cant say a person cant afford 10 dollars a month .. I am sure they are wasting more then that on other things like fast food, cigarettes, booze. How many times I have been behind someone paying with food stamps and have beer and cigs they are about to buy as well. But, if that wasnt bad enough they dont pay they get EIC as well so the rich people are paying them for nothing.
Liberals buy votes by doing everything they can to keep the poor from paying income tax.

I'd like to see everyone have some skin in the game, but it would be plain silly to have the working poor pay income tax, only to get it back in some form of entitlement, (esp. when the govt. will take 50% for a "handling fee".)

Here in NJ, we have an asinine program called the 'Homestead Rebate", where people who make under $75K get a portion of their property taxes back. It costs over $10 mil to administer. All they are doing is mailing people back THEIR OWN MONEY!

Govt. efficiency is an oxymoron.

Why not just have a 75k homestead exemption?

I'd like to see everyone have some skin in the game, but it would be plain silly to have the working poor pay income tax, only to get it back in some form of entitlement, (esp. when the govt. will take 50% for a "handling fee".)

Here in NJ, we have an asinine program called the 'Homestead Rebate", where people who make under $75K get a portion of their property taxes back. It costs over $10 mil to administer. All they are doing is mailing people back THEIR OWN MONEY!

it is much more complicated than that. Many lending institutions are the ones who collect the taxes on a property if there is a mortgage on the property. Therefore, there needs to be a "central" collector and reimburser of property taxes.

Everyone should pay an equal % share on all income for income tax... sort of goes along with that whole equality in treatment by government under law thing
Where does the 16th amendment say the income tax must be the same % on all income?
He refers to the 14th amendment.
He never made a reference to the 14th, nor does the 14th define what "equal treatment" means in the context of an income tax.

By that logic, a homestead exemption on property tax is also unconstitutional.

Because that would make sense.lol

Belive it or not, people love getting that friggiun check. No politician (even Christie) wants to take that cookie away.

it is much more complicated than that. Many lending institutions are the ones who collect the taxes on a property if there is a mortgage on the property. Therefore, there needs to be a "central" collector and reimburser of property taxes.

it isn't where I live. We have a 75k homestead exemption. 75k is subtracted from your home's tax basis if you live in the home.

All we hear from the left is have the rich pay more. Give more . GIMME Why cant the poor pay something. Even if its 120 dollars a year .. YOu cant say a person cant afford 10 dollars a month .. I am sure they are wasting more then that on other things like fast food, cigarettes, booze. How many times I have been behind someone paying with food stamps and have beer and cigs they are about to buy as well. But, if that wasnt bad enough they dont pay they get EIC as well so the rich people are paying them for nothing.

They can't afford it.

Liberals buy votes by doing everything they can to keep the poor from paying income tax.

So, Reagan was a liberal?

Tax Reform Act of 1986, signed into law by Ronald Reagan on Oct. 22, 1986. He called it a “revolution” and “the most sweeping overhaul of our tax code in our nation’s history.”

Reagan was especially pleased that “millions of the working poor will be dropped from the tax rolls altogether” and that rich people and big corporations would “pay their fair share.” The law was indeed a major accomplishment, one that Reagan had every right to be proud of.

Bruce Bartlett: The Tax Reform Act of 1986: Should We Do It Again? - NYTimes.com

Because that would make sense.lol

Belive it or not, people love getting that friggiun check. No politician (even Christie) wants to take that cookie away.

May have to do with what you can claim as an expense.

We own a duplex and have a 75k exemption on it. If instead, the 75k exemption came back to us as a tax credit, but we had to initially pay the full amount without the exemption, half that full amount would be deductible as an expense on the rental side of the unit - while the tax credit would not count as income for the unit (I think).

Where does the 16th amendment say the income tax must be the same % on all income?
He refers to the 14th amendment.
He never made a reference to the 14th,...
Specifically, no.
In effect, yet.

nor does the 14th define what "equal treatment" means in the context of an income tax.
The 14th calls for equal protection under the law - that all are treated equally by the law.
The link between this and what he said should be obvious.

Forum List

Back