Why Should Our Children Pay So Much To Live Normal Life?

PGreen

Nov 24, 2014
Why is college tuition in the USA so expensive? I don't understand why the costs are so extremely high. Some students even have to take loans in order to pay for their tuition fees. That's unacceptable.

Remember just how important education over the lifetime of a person. An individual who does not graduate from high school earns on average $23,452, less than the U.S. average wage of $41,444 per year. Further, 68% of the prison population is made up of non-high school graduates.

So, I wonder, will the situation ever change?

That's unacceptable

Remember how people in this country USED to get by ON THEIR OWN and could decide for THEMSELVES if they wanted to attend school or not after high school?

now it's unacceptable.... but don't expect the OP to give potential students all his monies to attend some school they might not even WANT to attend

and at what age in your opinion does a CHILD become an ADULT? 50years old? 60?

good grief, some people just can't keep their nose out of everyone's BUSINESS

Last edited:
College tuition isn't the least bit expensive if you're a minority.

If only my children were born black- to white parents.

I'd be a millionaire for all the money I'd have saved.

Why is college tuition in the USA so expensive? I don't understand why the costs are so extremely high. Some students even have to take loans in order to pay for their tuition fees. That's unacceptable.

Remember just how important education over the lifetime of a person. An individual who does not graduate from high school earns on average $23,452, less than the U.S. average wage of $41,444 per year. Further, 68% of the prison population is made up of non-high school graduates.

Don't drop out of HS.

Get a job in the oilfield making six figures.

College costs will drop, if enough do that.

Problem solved.

You should worry about the deficit that they'll be paying thanks to obama.

Many states have tuition exemption for HS students with good grades.

Tuition is a small part of college.

Back in the day, student loans went straight to the school for dorms, book credits at the book store, etc.

Now kids get student loans to go to the beach for a week or two at Spring Break.

Stupid to call that a "college expense".

The reason why higher education is expensive in this country is because the national and state governments have, for the most part, not elected to provide free education beyond high school. Some countries have made a different choice, but in those countries (a) taxes are much higher, and (b) a college education is restricted to a much smaller proportion of the school-age population.

As a result of our choices in this area, a very high percentage of the population is raised to believe that they are "college material," which is patent nonsense. Everybody cannot be a leader or manager.

Fortunately, there are a LOT of options for people who are dedicated, qualified, and willing to exploit them to get a college education. The best option is to have the foresight to be born to rich parents.

I failed in that area.

Many states have tuition exemption for HS students with good grades.

Tuition is a small part of college.

Back in the day, student loans went straight to the school for dorms, book credits at the book store, etc.

Now kids get student loans to go to the beach for a week or two at Spring Break.

Stupid to call that a "college expense".
FASFA loans go straight to the school.

Here's why college is so expensive (the increases in tuition and fees since the 1980s have been multiples the rate of inflation): Federal Student Loans.

All opening the spigot of Federally backed loans has done is to increase the ratio and pay of administrative personnel and fund fancy buildings while lowering educational standards.

Well without a college degree how does one go out and survive? I guess starting at the bottom and making a low wage is the answer. Sorry, that wont cut it. No degree = struggle to barely stay alive with a few exceptions. Any other viewpoint is not true.

Well without a college degree how does one go out and survive? I guess starting at the bottom and making a low wage is the answer. Sorry, that wont cut it. No degree = struggle to barely stay alive with a few exceptions. Any other viewpoint is not true.

You really are a dope. Are 60-70% of Americans in a "struggle to barely stay alive"?

What rock are you living under? I spent 10 years working as a security contractor making half what the client's factory employees were making. They were being paid over $20 an hour just for working in a Union shop. Plus, they all had full benefits, paid leave, holiday pay, paid sick days... on and on. My brother is a car salesman. He dropped out of HS... He doesn't even have a GED and is making 6 figures. It's not about the degree. It's who you know.

Forum List

Back