Why Should Medicare's Future Be Determined

Obamerican

Aug 21, 2010
by people who get FREE GOVERNMENT HEALTH CARE? Is this not amazing to ANYONE??? Why are Republicans against single payer government health care when that is what they get if they are in office? Why should EVERYONE have to sacrifice to balance the budget when I see NO ONE in Congress including the President taking a pay cut, even if it's symbolic?

You party hacks are disgusting................................

Same reason the military was not going to get paid but congress was when they wanted to shut the government down. The I got mine attitude. Congressmen are worms. Simple as that.

by people who get FREE GOVERNMENT HEALTH CARE? Is this not amazing to ANYONE??? Why are Republicans against single payer government health care when that is what they get if they are in office? Why should EVERYONE have to sacrifice to balance the budget when I see NO ONE in Congress including the President taking a pay cut, even if it's symbolic?

Yeah, I agree that no one who is getting free healthcare from the taxpayers should have a say in the future of Medicare. That means no one over the age of 55 should be able to vote.

And let's solve balance the budget without anyone sacrificing!

Yeah, I agree that no one who is getting free healthcare from the taxpayers should have a say in the future of Medicare. That means no one over the age of 55 should be able to vote.

And let's solve balance the budget without anyone sacrificing!

What are you willing to sacrifice? Serious question.

What makes you think Federal employees get "free health care"?

Federal employees have a small variety of health plans and insurers to pick from.

Federal employees have to pay into it out of their paychecks just like anyone else.

Federal employees have to pay co-payments and whatever their insurance doesn't cover, like anyone else.

So, take your strawman arguement and shove it up your ass.

Me? Nothing. I expect all the tics sucking on the government tit to do the sacrificing. Or, rather, I expect them to quit making me sacrifice.

So you expect others to sacrifice-but not yourself? :eusa_eh: Didn't see that one coming! :lol:

I'll give you credit though-at least you don't try and hide your hypocrisy.

Me? Nothing. I expect all the tics sucking on the government tit to do the sacrificing. Or, rather, I expect them to quit making me sacrifice.

So you expect others to sacrifice-but not yourself? :eusa_eh: Didn't see that one coming! :lol:

I already pay almost half my income to one government entity or another. That's more than enough sacrifice, thank you very much. I

t's time for the people riding in the wagon to get out and push. It's time for those getting government checks to get real jobs and become productive citizens. It's time to cut back government benefits.

What "hypocrisy?" Why should I "sacrifice" anymore than I already am when there are so many tics getting a free ride? It's time for the tics to sacrifice. The rest of use are fed up.

I already pay almost half my income to one government entity or another. That's more than enough sacrifice, thank you very much. I

t's time for the people riding in the wagon to get out and push. It's time for those getting government checks to get real jobs and become productive citizens. It's time to cut back government benefits.

What "hypocrisy?" Why should I "sacrifice" anymore than I already am when there are so many tics getting a free ride? It's time for the tics to sacrifice. The rest of use are fed up.

You don't pay half your income to the federal government. If so-how? The highest rate you can currently pay is 35%.

And I never said you (or anybody else) "should" sacrifice. Pretty poor effort on your part to put words into my mouth, you're really reaching here.

You expect others to sacrifice-but aren't willing to yourself. That's hypocrisy. You can sort out all of the cognitive dissonance yourself-but at the end of the day it's still hypocrisy.

Me? Nothing. I expect all the ticks sucking on the government tit to do the sacrificing. Or, rather, I expect them to quit making me sacrifice.

Totally agree. If people actually paid for healthcare insurance there would be TERMS & LIMITS such as these:

Annual deductible
Lifetime Maximum Benefit
Copay
Monthly premium

Its easy to fix Medicare:
1. Those who paid in get medical care, those who did not don't
2. Your lifetime maximum benefit is based on your contributions and premiums
3. Medical care will be rationed based on money available, lets say 70% to 80% of now
4. Lets start Medicare+ based on a small premium to get a higher medical priority and lifetime benefit

That means the 90-year old doesn't get the heart transplant, the 1-LB preemie gets hospice, the dying get hospice care, the chronically ill get only up to their maximum benefit. Unless there is enough money in the system to cover all of the optional care items.

Forum List

Back