††† Why should Islam be BANNED?

Do you have me mixed up with some other poster? I said by law, we cannot 'ban' a religion. But we CAN make people abide by our standing LAWS, and if they disobey them by saying their 'religious law' negates US-Law, then they get thrown in jail and kicked out, depending on the circumstances. US law is primary in the country. And by the way, Islam is BOTH a POLITICAL SYSTEM and a Religion. Their political system cannot take precedence over American law.

St. Tropez, storybooks are fiction that don't have religious zealotry associated with them. The Quran and Bible are religious books, created by primitive, superstitious, pre-dark ages and tribal peoples, each of these with over a billion followers. The passages in them, raise passions, fomenting discontent, hatred, persecution and murderous intent among it's very devout followers.
As far as the Quran is concerned, the anything but nice Muhammad, advocated hideous crimes against humanity in his latter years. While in middle-age, he lusted after a six-year old named Aisha, marrying her at the age of nine and I understand that there is some thought that he had intimacy prior to that age (Pedophile!!!). This guy was clearly no prophet, but rather just a tribal murdering pedophile who convinced people in that era that he was chosen by a deity so speak for it.
A deity doesn't need "one" individual to speak for it. It could easily speak to all humans over all lands at the same time, very loudly and very clearly, and would just as easily be able to show itself to all at the same time.
Anyway, the two so-called holy books influence peoples beliefs of the world around them, as well as their actions.
As for banning:
The second amendment clearly cites that the people have a right to "bear" (carry) arms (so that they can provide for a well-regulated militia and also, while not mentioned, so that they could hunt for food). Since the drafters didn't say what kind of weapon, we have some senators and their supporters try to regulate what type of arms the people may have (and failed).
The Constition says that congress may not make a law regarding the establishment of religion. However, if you want to read it in the literal sense, you could argue that the statement only says that you cannot stop someone from creating (establishing) a religion (hence all these goofy religions that pop up here), but says nothing about banning religious books that call for the imprisoning, harming, or otherwise killing of people simply because they choose to change religions, not abide by religious tenets or convert to a religion.
If you cite the freedom of speech, well, we have laws that do restrict speech, even though the Constitution clearly says that the freedom of speech shall not be infringed (shortened, curtailed).
Saying that you cannot yell "fire" in a crowded building, really isn't much different that telling extremely devout followers to kill everyone that doesn't go into your religion.
So, I believe we should ban some religious materials via an amendment to the Constitution.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back