Why should I vote for Romney?

Our nations is at a crossroads. We are at a brink of financial collapse. 16 trillions in debt. Our money is decreasing in value. Businesses arent investing because of the uncertainty of taxes, government intereference, Obamacare, etc. We have some real problems.

Romney is uniquely experienced to deal with these problems. He made a fortune taking failing companies, turning them around, eliminating waste, and making them turn a profit. He took the Olympics which was deep in debt and scandal and turned it around. He balanced the budgets in Mass. We need a leader with experience doing exactly what Mitt Romney has done his entire adult life in order to turn this nation around. To balance our budgets. To eliminate government corruption. To assure the free market that it will remain free and that the government will get out of our lives.
That's great he can do that in business... But he didn't do that in government when he had the chance. In fact if he was graded on a curve with the other 49 states he was in the bottom... Beat out I think it was three states for job creation... I mean he didn't do any better than half of them. How the hell can you say he's good at job creation in regards to government?

Well... With a straight face?

Quite easily. I dont believe the lies:)

FactCheck.org : Democratic Disinformation from Charlotte

Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn went on the offensive, saying Romney had failed to deliver on campaign promises he made while running to become governor of Massachusetts. But some of Quinn’s talking points were a stretch.

Quinn: Mitt Romney promised Massachusetts three things: more jobs, less debt and smaller government. Then he left his state 47th out of 50 in job growth, added $2.6 billion in debt and on his watch, government jobs grew six times faster than private-sector jobs. What does Romney promise today? More jobs, less debt and smaller government. But he didn’t do it then, and he won’t do it now.

We’ve covered some similar claims before. Let’s start with the claim that Romney “left his state 47th out of 50 in job growth.” That’s a slightly different twist on a recurring Democratic attack line. It’s true that over Romney’s entire four years as governor, the state ranked 47th out of 50 states in percentage of job growth. But that’s a four-year, cumulative number. The state’s ranking actually improved while Romney was in office.

In the 12 months before Romney took office, the state ranked 50th in job creation, and by his final year, the state ranked 28th. Quinn would have been more accurate to say Romney “left his state” in 28th place, not 47th.

28th is a bit higher than 47th, wouldn't you agree?

And considering it was at full employment, how much better do you think he can do?

Give it to me straight, no exaggerations, no lies, no reasons not to vote for Obama, why exactly should I vote for Romeny? What is he going to do for ME?

There are basically only 2 choices. Romney or Obama. Look back at what Obama and the Democrats have NOT accomplished. Look at the failed plans, the failed legislation, the increase in debt ( Obama has spent as much in 4 years as Bush did in 8)and the illegal Health Care law we are saddled with.

Its not illegal.

No... It's a Tax, and Taxes can get repealed.

Our nations is at a crossroads. We are at a brink of financial collapse. 16 trillions in debt. Our money is decreasing in value. Businesses arent investing because of the uncertainty of taxes, government intereference, Obamacare, etc. We have some real problems.

Romney is uniquely experienced to deal with these problems. He made a fortune taking failing companies, turning them around, eliminating waste, and making them turn a profit. He took the Olympics which was deep in debt and scandal and turned it around. He balanced the budgets in Mass. We need a leader with experience doing exactly what Mitt Romney has done his entire adult life in order to turn this nation around. To balance our budgets. To eliminate government corruption. To assure the free market that it will remain free and that the government will get out of our lives.
That's great he can do that in business... But he didn't do that in government when he had the chance. In fact if he was graded on a curve with the other 49 states he was in the bottom... Beat out I think it was three states for job creation... I mean he didn't do any better than half of them. How the hell can you say he's good at job creation in regards to government?

It is not Governments job to "create Jobs" it is however their job to balance the budget and bring down the Debt, Which Romney DID in Mass. And he did so with a Democratic legislature.

He left office with Masschussets having the highest state debt per capita in the nation. Granted it was close to that when he took over.

He has proven he can tackle the budget and the debt and that he can work with the other side.
All he has proven is that he will change his political ideology at the drop of a hat to get a vote. Just ask all the folks in Massachussetts who are now required by law to buy healthcare.

Obama has not ONCE worked with Republicans, he ignored them for 2 years and has allowed Reid to ignore them for 2 more.
He didn't ignore anyone. He hasn' t been able to work with Republicans because the only goal of Republicans is to obstruct Obama - and they haven't been shy about stating that is their #1 goal. How can he be expected to work with a group of people who have openly declared they will oppose everything he does no matter what?

There are basically only 2 choices. Romney or Obama. Look back at what Obama and the Democrats have NOT accomplished. Look at the failed plans, the failed legislation, the increase in debt ( Obama has spent as much in 4 years as Bush did in 8)and the illegal Health Care law we are saddled with.

So your choices are Romney who thinks he may be able to cut the deficit and fix the economy. Or more of Obama's failures and mistakes and lack of leadership.

We KNOW what we get if we reelect Obama, more of the same. If you are happy with that then you vote for him. If not then how about giving Romney the chance to try his plan?

Further it is likely the Congress will be Republican. Obama has proven he can not and will not compromise or work with Republicans. His idea of leadership is " do it my way or go away" Romney was Governor of Mass. I has proven he can work with Democrats.

Reading comprehension isn't for you. How did you make it through the military?

Hey dumb ass? She has a thread on why she should vote for Obama. Go explain to her why she should other then, Cause he is the second coming.

As for reading comprehension you failed that with both your posts here. I am ON TOPIC. Perhaps you could try that?

LOL. So your post didn't contain anything about why NOT to vote for Obama? Jesus our country is fucked because of people like you.

To answer the OP, you should vote for Romney if you derive a large amount of your income from investments and/or are bringing in $1 million+ per year in income. You should vote for Romney if you believe that the way to get the country back on the right path is by slashing government spending, just not military, only education and healthcare and programs used by the poor, sick, and elderly. If that's the sort of country you want to live in, then you should vote for Romney.

Quite easily. I dont believe the lies:)

FactCheck.org : Democratic Disinformation from Charlotte

Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn went on the offensive, saying Romney had failed to deliver on campaign promises he made while running to become governor of Massachusetts. But some of Quinn’s talking points were a stretch.

Quinn: Mitt Romney promised Massachusetts three things: more jobs, less debt and smaller government. Then he left his state 47th out of 50 in job growth, added $2.6 billion in debt and on his watch, government jobs grew six times faster than private-sector jobs. What does Romney promise today? More jobs, less debt and smaller government. But he didn’t do it then, and he won’t do it now.

We’ve covered some similar claims before. Let’s start with the claim that Romney “left his state 47th out of 50 in job growth.” That’s a slightly different twist on a recurring Democratic attack line. It’s true that over Romney’s entire four years as governor, the state ranked 47th out of 50 states in percentage of job growth. But that’s a four-year, cumulative number. The state’s ranking actually improved while Romney was in office.

In the 12 months before Romney took office, the state ranked 50th in job creation, and by his final year, the state ranked 28th. Quinn would have been more accurate to say Romney “left his state” in 28th place, not 47th.

28th is a bit higher than 47th, wouldn't you agree?

And considering it was at full employment, how much better do you think he can do?
OH... Well fuck me running. thanks. +rep.

Edit: Don't get me wrong... I still don't think the bottom 50% is something to be proud of. But I obviously missed some pretty damn important information about the topic. thank you.

Last edited:
He's a good guy, and what he's done with his career in a nutshell is to fix ineffective, burdensome economic structures and bring them back to profitability. We've got a big, bloated federal government which no longer works effectively, a problem which is right in Romney's wheelhouse.

[youtube]J_cGyPwt5UI[/youtube]

Its not illegal.

Just because 5 Justices said so only makes it currently legal, however those Justices are wrong. The Constitution is clear, the federal Government has no authority to force American citizens to BUY insurance. In fact Obama argued it both ways on one day claiming it was a tax and the next day denying it was a tax and instead a fee.

I didn't know you were smarter than 5 supreme court justices! You should really make note that in your signature. That's something to be proud of.

It is not Governments job to "create Jobs" it is however their job to balance the budget and bring down the Debt, Which Romney DID in Mass. And he did so with a Democratic legislature.

He has proven he can tackle the budget and the debt and that he can work with the other side. Obama has not ONCE worked with Republicans, he ignored them for 2 years and has allowed Reid to ignore them for 2 more.

So you don't blame Obama for the unemployment rate I take it?

Edit: Don't get me wrong... I still don't think the bottom 50% is something to be proud of. But I obviously missed some pretty damn important information about the topic. thank you.

Dont mention it. I found out about it recently myself. Makes me think i should start questioning numbers the left throw out more.

Dont mention it. I found out about it recently myself. Makes me think i should start questioning numbers the left throw out more.

Just the left though. Definitely don't check the facts from the right.

He's a good guy, and what he's done with his career in a nutshell is to fix ineffective, burdensome economic structures and bring them back to profitability.

Often with substantial help from taxpayers.

Our national debt hit 16 TRILLION yesterday. In less than 4 years, Barack Obama added 5 trillion. The interest on our debt is right around a half trillion annually now. By the end of the decade on our current spending path, that'll be a full trillion dollars, pulled out of our assed in cash every year. You think the niceties that lefties enjoy are going to survive that? :rolleyes:
We won't even be able to keep basic safety nets in place at that rate. Don't forget, Obama has done NOTHING to solve our energy problems. Four years ago, we were sending 700 billion out of our economy for foreign oil. I don't expect we're spending any less now, but thanks to the skyrocketing costs of energy, all goods and services have gone up and there's less money in our pockets.

Normally I question pretty much anything and everything from both sides. But this flat out got by me. I've asked about this before and nobody really said anything. You're the first. *shrugs*

But that is exactly why I'm here. No one person can keep up on everything, so I like coming to places where you might have to sift through some bullshit, but all in all it's likely you'll learn something.

Give it to me straight, no exaggerations, no lies, no reasons not to vote for Obama, why exactly should I vote for Romeny? What is he going to do for ME?

Because HE actually understands the economy, how to create jobs and how to make worthwhile executive decisions and run something successfully. His opponent has proven he hasn't got clue one. That's it in a nutshell. Welcome to the winning side.

Well I can't give it to you straight with out Pointing out something about Obama.

The Biggest Failure of Obama has been his Divisive Approach to Politics, and his "leading from Behind"

There is no question in my mind that Romney is more of a Moderate who is willing to work together with his Opposition (see the fact he governed in a Very Democrat, Very Liberal State and got things done) Than Obama, and after 4 years of watching Obama there is also no Doubt in My mind that Romney would make a better leader, Say what you want about his life so far, there is no denying the man knows how to Organize, Delegate and Make things Happen.

So to sum up, it is hard to tell you why to Vote for Romney with out Talking about Obama, Because to be Frank Romney is not some Perfect Candidate, or Savior, He is just the Guy who could do a Better Job than Obama. Period.

He doesn't have to do anything for you. Just ask your parents to loan you some money so you can start a business just like Romney.

Does it physically hurt being miserably uninformed or do you get numb to it after a few years?

He's a good guy, and what he's done with his career in a nutshell is to fix ineffective, burdensome economic structures and bring them back to profitability.

Often with substantial help from taxpayers.

Our national debt hit 16 TRILLION yesterday. In less than 4 years, Barack Obama added 5 trillion.

Yeah. The economy was in the shitter most of his first term. That means lower government revenues and an increased need for government spending. A Republican President doubtfully would have done any better. MItt certainly would not have.

The interest on our debt is right around a half trillion annually now.
It was around half a trillion when Obama took office.
Government - Interest Expense on the Debt Outstanding
So what now?

Well I can't give it to you straight with out Pointing out something about Obama.

The Biggest Failure of Obama has been his Divisive Approach to Politics, and his "leading from Behind"

There is no question in my mind that Romney is more of a Moderate who is willing to work together with his Opposition (see the fact he governed in a Very Democrat, Very Liberal State and got things done) Than Obama, and after 4 years of watching Obama there is also no Doubt in My mind that Romney would make a better leader, Say what you want about his life so far, there is no denying the man knows how to Organize, Delegate and Make things Happen.

So to sum up, it is hard to tell you why to Vote for Romney with out Talking about Obama, Because to be Frank Romney is not some Perfect Candidate, or Savior, He is just the Guy who could do a Better Job than Obama. Period.

Very well said. In business, you don't "get your way". You have to be pragmatic and negotiate to reach agreements where both sides get something out of the deal. That is what Romney brings to the table. Obama.....won't even talk to his own cabinet.

It's not what he's going to do "FOR" you, it's what he's going to do "TO" you.

If you can believe what he says:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQwrB1vu74c&feature=related]Still Voting For 'Mitt Romney'? - YouTube[/ame]

Here you can read about the "Son of Boss" tax scam designed by Mitt Romney while on the BOD of Marriott. The original scam was for a mere $70 million dollars, but once discovered by the IRS, the fine was $220 million.

http://www.son-of-boss.com/SOB_Docs/Son_of_Boss_Description.pdf

This is Mitt Romney's business history. Scams and schemes and ways to squeeze out money leaving behind strip mined landscape. He is like the "Mormon Locust" story they are famous for, only he's the "locust".

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back