Why should blacks become republicans?

Democratic politics had nothing to do with the KKK
In 1916, the KKK was both democratic and republican
Today, KKK policies and Republican are indistinguishable
It is only used as a deflection. Like anyone here can't read the posts from conservatives and see their feelings about non-whites and how it aligns perfectly with the charter of the KKK.

I deflected nothing. I stated a historical fact to counter your erroneous idea that the original racists were not Democrats. As I said, I am not the one making comparisons here, you are.

And "aligns perfectly" with the KKK charter is a bit much.

You know, if all you look for is racism then racism is all you will find.
Your argument has been debunked numerous times already, the fact that you keep repeating it shows you are willfully dishonest.

What argument am I repeating and what has been debunked? I don't even know what you're talking about.

Well, are you going to answer the question? If you're going to accuse me of being willfully dishonest then I deserve to know why.

I was hoping you would read back and find the error you made without me pointing it out. You see, you made the comment that Democrats created the KKK, then implied that the Democrats from that era, are the same Democrats today. That's where you are being willfully dishonest, borderline lying.

There is nothing similar to the Southern Democrats (dixiecrats) that created the KKK and the liberal Democrats of today. It's people like you that attempt to distort history that makes it difficult to trust anything that comes out of the mouth of people that share your ideology. I'll let MLK's words speak for themself.....

The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism...On the urgent issue of civil rights, Senator Goldwater represents a philosophy that is morally indefensible and socially suicidal. While not himself a racist, Mr. Goldwater articulates a philosophy which gives aid and comfort to the racist. His candidacy and philosophy would serve as an umbrella under which extremists of all stripes would stand. In the light of these facts and because of my love for America, I have no alternative but to urge every Negro and white person of goodwill to vote against Mr. Goldwater and to withdraw support from any Republican candidate that does not publicly disassociate himself from Senator Goldwater and his philosophy.”

- MLK Jr., July 16, 1964

Social cons like yourself are a cancer to a decent society.

the KKK was both democratic and republican
100% Wrong - the original targets of the Ku Klux Klan were Republicans, both black and white. The Klan terrorized both black and white Americans not to vote for Republican tickets.

The KKK was founded in 1866 and eventually spread to become a nationwide terrorist organization and functioned as de-Facto strong-arm division of the Democratic Party.

The 2007 book Carpetbaggers, Cavalry, and the Ku Klux Klan
ir
by J. Michael Martinez states 'many Southern whites ... were Democrats and a smaller number of them joined the KKK'.

The KKK was utilized extensively in Democratic campaigning in the South as well as the North.

Prominent Democratic Politicians such as Warren G. Harding, Calvin Coolidge, Woodrow Wilson, Harry Truman, Supreme Court Justice Hugo Black, Al Gore, Sr. ALL KKK Members ... not a single Republican

Southern Republicans were lynched along with Blacks
Link

It is only used as a deflection. Like anyone here can't read the posts from conservatives and see their feelings about non-whites and how it aligns perfectly with the charter of the KKK.

I deflected nothing. I stated a historical fact to counter your erroneous idea that the original racists were not Democrats. As I said, I am not the one making comparisons here, you are.

Your argument has been debunked numerous times already, the fact that you keep repeating it shows you are willfully dishonest.

What argument am I repeating and what has been debunked? I don't even know what you're talking about.

Well, are you going to answer the question? If you're going to accuse me of being willfully dishonest then I deserve to know why.

I was hoping you would read back and find the error you made without me pointing it out. You see, you made the comment that Democrats created the KKK, then implied that the Democrats from that era, are the same Democrats today. That's where you are being willfully dishonest, borderline lying.

There is nothing similar to the Southern Democrats (dixiecrats) that created the KKK and the liberal Democrats of today. It's people like you that attempt to distort history that makes it difficult to trust anything that comes out of the mouth of people that share your ideology. I'll let MLK's words speak for themself.....

Here is what I said:

"It's a fact of history that the RP was formed, in part, to abolish slavery. The KKK was formed by a group of Democrat Civil War veterans and elected Nathan Bedford Forrest, a Democrat, as the first Grand Wizard. Were you not aware of this?"

Then in your response to this I said:

"I deflected nothing. I stated a historical fact to counter your erroneous idea that the original racists were not Democrats. As I said, I am not the one making comparisons here, you are."

Show me in either of these remarks where I implied that the Democrats from that era, are the same as Democrats today.

I know full well that Democrat ideals from that time are not the same as today and I implied no such thing. I stated an historical fact, that's it.

The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism...On the urgent issue of civil rights, Senator Goldwater represents a philosophy that is morally indefensible and socially suicidal. While not himself a racist, Mr. Goldwater articulates a philosophy which gives aid and comfort to the racist. His candidacy and philosophy would serve as an umbrella under which extremists of all stripes would stand. In the light of these facts and because of my love for America, I have no alternative but to urge every Negro and white person of goodwill to vote against Mr. Goldwater and to withdraw support from any Republican candidate that does not publicly disassociate himself from Senator Goldwater and his philosophy.”

- MLK Jr., July 16, 1964

Oh for Christ's sake.

I wasn't going to bring this up because I didn't want it construed as my waving some kind of banner around but I feel it's time nevertheless as you seem determined to paint me as a racist even though I never gave you cause: My niece is married to a black man whom I have the utmost respect for and they have two black children that mean the world to me. He and they have always been considered part of the family and, with the exception of her father in the beginning, their relationship and marriage were never an issue for any of us. But even her father eventually came around and he respects his son-in-law and dotes on his grandchildren. The last thing I am is a racist. Nor am I a "cancer to a decent society".

Take from that what you will but just remember that I never expressed any moral judgments about you.

Here is what I said:

"It's a fact of history that the RP was formed, in part, to abolish slavery. The KKK was formed by a group of Democrat Civil War veterans and elected Nathan Bedford Forrest, a Democrat, as the first Grand Wizard. Were you not aware of this?"

"I deflected nothing. I stated a historical fact to counter your erroneous idea that the original racists were not Democrats. As I said, I am not the one making comparisons here, you are."

Show me in either of these remarks where I implied that the Democrats from that era, are the same as Democrats today.

I know full well that Democrat ideals from that time are not the same as today and I implied no such thing. I stated an historical fact, that's it.

- MLK Jr., July 16, 1964

Oh for Christ's sake.

I wasn't going to bring this up because I didn't want it construed as my waving some kind of banner around but I feel it's time nevertheless as you seem determined to paint me as a racist even though I never gave you cause: My niece is married to a black man whom I have the utmost respect for and they have two black children that mean the world to me. He and they have always been considered part of the family and, with the exception of her father in the beginning, their relationship and marriage were never an issue for any of us. But even her father eventually came around and he respects his son-in-law and dotes on his grandchildren. The last thing I am is a racist. Nor am I a "cancer to a decent society".

Take from that what you will but just remember that I never expressed any moral judgments about you.
It's amazing how soooooo many people here have "black" family members, but dont have any issues with the posts denigrating blacks by calling them low intelligence, monkeys, the fried chicken comments, the list goes on....but are quick to show up and defend the status quo, and when called on it, resorts to naming black family members..

Here is what I said:

- MLK Jr., July 16, 1964

Oh for Christ's sake.

It's amazing how soooooo many people here have "black" family members, but dont have any issues with the posts denigrating blacks by calling them low intelligence, monkeys, the fried chicken comments, the list goes on....but are quick to show up and defend the status quo, and when called on it, resorts to naming black family members..

So much for that. This is precisely why I didn't want to bring it up. You're not dragging me back into a pointless tit-for-tat on that issue when I already explained to you that I ignore blatant racists on both sides. You're not getting off that easy.

So again, where did I imply that Democrats from that time are the same as Democrats today?

Here is what I said:

- MLK Jr., July 16, 1964

Oh for Christ's sake.

So much for that. This is precisely why I didn't want to bring it up. You're not dragging me back into a pointless tit-for-tat on that issue when I already explained to you that I ignore blatant racists on both sides. You're not getting off that easy.

You ignore racists on both sides, yet you take to task people who address racist comments, but not the racists who make them. How hypocritical.

So again, where did I imply that Democrats from that time are the same as Democrats today?

You implied that when you presented the comment as a debate point. It would be like someone saying David Duke had a maid that was black at one time as a defense of him not being racist. What other reason would there be for you to even mention that the KKK was founded by Democrats, if you were not trying to imply that it should be a reason for blacks to not support them?

Here is what I said:

- MLK Jr., July 16, 1964

Oh for Christ's sake.

You ignore racists on both sides, yet you take to task people who address racist comments, but not the racists who make them. How hypocritical.
Keep trying. I'm not biting.

You implied that when you presented the comment as a debate point. It would be like someone saying David Duke had a maid that was black at one time as a defense of him not being racist. What other reason would there be for you to even mention that the KKK was founded by Democrats, if you were not trying to imply that it should be a reason for blacks to not support them?

Gee, I don't know, what other reason could there be? Perhaps the reason I gave you? Is that even a possibility worth considering? Did you not see my comment in my last post where I told you straight up that I know that Democrat ideals of that time are not the same as today?

Is there no room in your heart and in your mind for anything other than that whites are racist and untrustworthy? Does the possibility that there are non-racist whites and white Republicans out there frighten you? Is there no other possible explanation for my remarks other than that I'm a cancer to a decent society?

Here is what I said:

Oh for Christ's sake.

Gee, I don't know, what other reason could there be? Perhaps the reason I gave you? Is that even a possibility worth considering? Did you not see my comment in my last post where I told you straight up that I know that Democrat ideals of that time are not the same as today?

Is there no room in your heart and in your mind for anything other than that whites are racist and untrustworthy? Does the possibility that there are non-racist whites and white Republicans out there frighten you? Is there no other possible explanation for my remarks other than that I'm a cancer to a decent society?

Gee, I don't know, why not take a look around the forum and see how many post derogatory things about blacks, and how many post derogatory things about whites then let me know which number is higher. I'll even give you a starting point.....Race Relations/Racism

I especially like the one that uses the term "mud blood". Oh wait, you "say" you ignore "blatant" racists on both sides, so how could you quantify what you think is in my heart or mind, much less make the presumptuous claim that I have no room to consider the possibility of there being non-racist whites and white Republicans?

Here is what I said:

Oh for Christ's sake.

Gee, I don't know, why not take a look around the forum and see how many post derogatory things about blacks, and how many post derogatory things about whites then let me know which number is higher. I'll even give you a starting point.....Race Relations/Racism

If what you want is a contest as to who has more racists or which side says more racist comments, you win.

Now that we have that out of the way, the numbers are irrelevant to my point which is that there are black racists here as well and I've never seen other blacks confront them on their racism as you accuse whites of doing.

I especially like the one that uses the term "mud blood". Oh wait, you "say" you ignore "blatant" racists on both sides, so how could you quantify what you think is in my heart or mind, much less make the presumptuous claim that I have no room to consider the possibility of there being non-racist whites and white Republicans?

How can you quantify what you think is in my heart or mind and make the presumptuous claim that I am a racist and a cancer to society?

Having said that, I didn't quantify anything, I asked you questions. I left it open to you to either answer the questions or not. I made no claims or assertions.

If what you want is a contest as to who has more racists or which side says more racist comments, you win.

Now that we have that out of the way, the numbers are irrelevant to my point which is that there are black racists here as well and I've never seen other blacks confront them on their racism as you accuse whites of doing.

I know there was no contest, because anyone with an IQ higher than room temperature can see the disparity in the amount of racists here. Why you would even attempt to think otherwise is peculiar. Now to the next point you brought up...how would you or anyone else for that matter know how many blacks are here, much less quantify what obligation they have to confront racism you said you ignore? Furthermore, why do you expect the blacks that are here to be held to a different standard that you yourself don't hold towards the white racists? Rhetorical question, obviously.

How can you quantify what you think is in my heart or mind and make the presumptuous claim that I am a racist and a cancer to society?

Having said that, I didn't quantify anything, I asked you questions. I left it open to you to either answer the questions or not. I made no claims or assertions.

I quantify what I think based upon a person's words and the choice they make to engage people in some situations, while hiding their head in the sand in other situations. Basically it's the same M.O. I have seen on other forums, especially firearm forums, where even if a person does not agree with the racist rantings of a social con, they will not speak up about it for fear of being labeled a n-lover, or liberal. To me, that is the same as if the person made the comments themself, thereby, they relinquish any high ground they think they have when they then move on to try and accuse others of being racist towards white people. So you see, I don't really give a rat's ass whether or not you are racist, because anyone that stays silent when blacks are called every name under the sun here, but finds their voice suddenly to attempt to take someone else to task for responding to the racist that makes the comments, or tries to make a false equivalency about how others are racist, is just as complicit in my book.

qui tacet consentire videtur

[

Cleaning up voter rolls does not require Voter ID. It is the job of the regional voter registrar. Only problem is it costs money. Money tight fisted Republicans do not like to spend

Cleaning up voter rolls is blocked by you Communists and corrupt judges 100% of the time.

The reason you block it is that cleaning up voter roles would thwart the voter fraud you Communists engage in every single election.

You Stalinists oppose voter ID and cleaning up voter registration because you believe election fraud is your sacred right.
Go play with Pol Pot

Could you take Vlad Putin's cock out of your mouth and repeat that? It was garbled.

Now you are a shit flinging feral baboon, zero content in any post from you. As for the substance you did your best to derail, it remains fact;

Cleaning up voter rolls is blocked by you Communists and corrupt judges 100% of the time.

The reason you block it is that cleaning up voter roles would thwart the voter fraud you Communists engage in every single election.

Furthermore, why do you expect the blacks that are here to be held to a different standard that you yourself don't hold towards the white racists? Rhetorical question, obviously.

Oh I definitely hold them to the same standard You see white folks KNOWS who the racists are and SHUN them. It's obvious. It's the guy pushing white supremacy and the "glorious history of the race".. So my question to you is -- why must you circle the wagons around your racists and evoke "group speak" to protect yours.

We KNOW who the white racists are. I don't think the solid block of black group identity thinking does.

Furthermore, why do you expect the blacks that are here to be held to a different standard that you yourself don't hold towards the white racists? Rhetorical question, obviously.

Oh I definitely hold them to the same standard You see white folks KNOWS who the racists are and SHUN them. It's obvious. It's the guy pushing white supremacy and the "glorious history of the race".. So my question to you is -- why must you circle the wagons around your racists and evoke "group speak" to protect yours.

We KNOW who the white racists are. I don't think the solid block of black group identity thinking does.

Let's lay the cards on the table, tell me who my racists are that I'm "circling the wagons around". Show me the posts, then we can all have THAT discussion.

Let's lay the cards on the table, tell me who my racists are that I'm "circling the wagons around". Show me the posts, then we can all have THAT discussion.

Stick around and listen to them they ARE as obvious as the white racists. They are ones pushing racial superiority and glorious history. I'm not gonna name them.

But it's true. They are the SAME black people that shun individuals thinking for themselves and they believe they speak for the race. Instead of recognizing them and shunning them -- the "group identity" demands that you identify the HERETICS and individualists and excommunicate them publicly. Much like today's hubbub about Kanye West or any black person that goes on Fox news.

Individualism seems to get frowned upon and rigid doctrinary thinking is enforced.

Stick around and listen to them they ARE as obvious as the white racists. They are ones pushing racial superiority and glorious history. I'm not gonna name them.

But it's true. They are the SAME black people that shun individuals thinking for themselves and they believe they speak for the race. Instead of recognizing them and shunning them -- the "group identity" demands that you identify the HERETICS and individualists and excommunicate them publicly. Much like today's hubbub about Kanye West or any black person that goes on Fox news.

Individualism seems to get frowned upon and rigid doctrinary thinking is enforced.

That seems to be a specious argument at best. Since I've been a member here I have not seen one person that advocated for black superiority or glorious history, I have seen many, many posts being derogatory towards blacks, from calling them an embarrassing race, comparing them to monkeys, saying black members must have chicken grease on their hands, to accusing members of raping white women as a show of power. I have also seen tons of misinformation being corrected, be it about how the KKK was a liberal concoction, MLK being Republican, to blacks imagine racism. If one wants to classify correcting member's misinformation as being racist, then there is really nothing further to debate about here.

That seems to be a specious argument at best. Since I've been a member here I have not seen one person that advocated for black superiority or glorious history, I have seen many, many posts being derogatory towards blacks, from calling them an embarrassing race, comparing them to monkeys, saying black members must have chicken grease on their hands, to accusing members of raping white women as a show of power. I have also seen tons of misinformation being corrected, be it about how the KKK was a liberal concoction, MLK being Republican, to blacks imagine racism. If one wants to classify correcting member's misinformation as being racist, then there is really nothing further to debate about here.

I understand you looking at this forum in that manner. It's obvious that everyone gets a say within reason if they respect the topics. The threads and comments are there and there are a LOT of them. But that's not the topic of this thread. Next time I'm IN one of those convos -- I promise to mention alert you in.. :113:

• Thanks
Reactions: ATL

I understand you looking at this forum in that manner. It's obvious that everyone gets a say within reason if they respect the topics. The threads and comments are there and there are a LOT of them. But that's not the topic of this thread. Next time I'm IN one of those convos -- I promise to mention alert you in.. :113:

Looking forward to it.

I know there was no contest, because anyone with an IQ higher than room temperature can see the disparity in the amount of racists here. Why you would even attempt to think otherwise is peculiar.

The disparity in the number of racists on either side was never an issue with me and I said nothing about it one way or the other.

Now to the next point you brought up...how would you or anyone else for that matter know how many blacks are here, much less quantify what obligation they have to confront racism you said you ignore?

I never said they were obligated, I merely made the observation that they don't. And when did I ever say anything about how many blacks are here? Where is this coming from?

I don't know what it is you think I'm doing here but I neither expect or even want blacks to call racist blacks on their racism. I simply don't give a shit. You're the one who has a problem with this sort of thing so I thought it necessary to point that out so you could put things in their proper perspective.

Do you remember that you were the one to bring that up? All I did was ask how you knew that the silent conservatives were racist and basically you said in so many words that the fact that they don't call out white racists on their racism proves they themselves are racist. Remember? When I countered that I've seen black here spout racist drivel and no other blacks call them on it, you lost your mind. You've done nothing since then but accuse me of making implications I never made, saying things I never said, and being willfully dishonest.

I quantify what I think based upon a person's words and the choice they make to engage people in some situations, while hiding their head in the sand in other situations. Basically it's the same M.O. I have seen on other forums, especially firearm forums, where even if a person does not agree with the racist rantings of a social con, they will not speak up about it for fear of being labeled a n-lover, or liberal. To me, that is the same as if the person made the comments themself, thereby, they relinquish any high ground they think they have when they then move on to try and accuse others of being racist towards white people. So you see, I don't really give a rat's ass whether or not you are racist, because anyone that stays silent when blacks are called every name under the sun here, but finds their voice suddenly to attempt to take someone else to task for responding to the racist that makes the comments, or tries to make a false equivalency about how others are racist, is just as complicit in my book.

qui tacet consentire videtur

Yeah, yeah, yeah. You presumed to know my moral character and called me a cancer to decent society and then accuse me of making presumptions about you. Don't lecture me about hypocrisy.

I tell you that I know that Democrats from that time are not the same as those today and you refuse to acknowledge it and keep coming. I asked you twice if you saw that comment and you ignore it and keep coming. I tell you there are more white racists here and you refuse to acknowledge it and keep coming. You keep harping about the number of racists here when I never said anything about that and told you so numerous times. And you keep coming.

One more thing: What started this mad sleigh ride was your contention that I am a hypocrite for not calling out white racists but confront blacks. Problem is, I didn't approach you because I thought you were racist or that I thought that what you said was racist, I approached you because I thought (wrongly?) you could be reasoned with. If I'm having this much trouble getting you to understand where I'm coming from, imagine the difficulties I'd have had with somebody who thinks I'm a cracker. But never in my dreams did I think I was confronting someone so obsessive, single-minded and obstinate.

Forum List

Back