Why should an independent vote Trump?

Is there any real reason I should vote trump? According to trump he is not doing well. He made fun of Obama for never hitting an annual gdp greater than 3%, but now trump is in the same boat. He said it was bad when Obama ruled by executive order, but now he does the same thing. He said Obamas low unemployment rate wasn't really low because it's all about the labor force participation rate which has remained low under trump. Republicans told me huge deficits were bad, and now trump has them over a trillion dollars. The country is as divided as ever so clearly he isn't bringing us together. On top of all this he is the least presidential president I have ever seen. Has he done anything an independent would vote for?

Because if the "political elite" from both sides hate him, he must be doing something correct.

It’s not slightly better. They are at 50% or less and we are over 100. You want to become Greece?

First of all you're probably completely full of shit. It's the typical victim by vicarious means ploy.... It's a really boring approach.
If Trump shit gold and pissed cancer cure
he would still be a bad orange man to you.
So if you want to be taken seriously at least reveal who you are honestly.

Trump's presence has been a miracle for the the most important part of the American economy ..... the corporate money machine.
I don't like capitalism anymore than you do but today it's the only system that even comes close to supporting itself. Trump's actions have pushed the market close to 30,000 flushing untold wealth and potential into the economy. The large debt numbers you're fretting about cannot be handled in a single term or even in several terms and must be made larger before they can be made smaller. This is exactly how to do it by revving up the money making machine to the point where it flushes prosperity out into the various levels of society. The construct of what follows is as of yet undefined... Because it will be the first time we've ever seen it.

Jo

yeah gdp growth is weak. His revving is unimpressive. Hasn’t even hit 3% annual growth....

Not yet....

Bear in mind that the economy is not static but it is dynamic. In 3 short years nearly 5 million dependents have been added to the federal budget that weren't there before.
The goalposts are always moving and many of the spending bills are open ended....they don't start with a zero-sum but are left flexible to account for variations in cost and inflation.

Still though your point is valid and provides a good demonstration as to why numeric
Indicators should probably be avoided when making future promises.

Jo
He’s done everything in the republican playbook and growth is still weak. I have no reason to believe it’s going to increase any time soon. We have the tax cuts. He has cut regulations. I don’t think he has the formula for success. Spending is out of control and fed rates are at historic lows.

He took over an aging upswing and kept it going crazy long. Funny you didn't mention that.
Is that so hard to believe when he also increased deficits to over a trillion dollars? I'm not impressed by weak growth fueled by massive government spending.

Is there any real reason I should vote trump? According to trump he is not doing well. He made fun of Obama for never hitting an annual gdp greater than 3%, but now trump is in the same boat. He said it was bad when Obama ruled by executive order, but now he does the same thing. He said Obamas low unemployment rate wasn't really low because it's all about the labor force participation rate which has remained low under trump. Republicans told me huge deficits were bad, and now trump has them over a trillion dollars. The country is as divided as ever so clearly he isn't bringing us together. On top of all this he is the least presidential president I have ever seen. Has he done anything an independent would vote for?

Because if the "political elite" from both sides hate him, he must be doing something correct.
Isn't he the political elite? His lawyers were just arguing he could kill someone and not be prosecuted. That's as elitist as it gets.

Anyone who loves this Country and it’s institutions will not vote for Trump. Trump is like a cancer tumor on this nation. It needs to be excised. The country needs to send the bum out on his ass and hopefully the Country will come back to its senses.

No more idiotic tweets. No more Stalinist enemy of the people rhetoric. No more inundation of Presidential lies, No more bashing our allies. No more dear and hatred emanating from Oval Office. No more abuse of the Constitution.

I have faith that Trump will be sent packing by the electorate no matter who the Democratic nominee is.
But he's a symptom of a much larger problem that needs to be examined and addressed. The problem won't go away by itself when he's gone.
Hopefully, though I doubt it, it will be a wave election. That 2020 will see the decimation of the Trumplican Party in both the House and Senate. It looks like a long shot now, but every day that goes by, the possibility increases.

Anyone who loves this Country and it’s institutions will not vote for Trump. Trump is like a cancer tumor on this nation. It needs to be excised. The country needs to send the bum out on his ass and hopefully the Country will come back to its senses.

No more idiotic tweets. No more Stalinist enemy of the people rhetoric. No more inundation of Presidential lies, No more bashing our allies. No more dear and hatred emanating from Oval Office. No more abuse of the Constitution.

I have faith that Trump will be sent packing by the electorate no matter who the Democratic nominee is.
But he's a symptom of a much larger problem that needs to be examined and addressed. The problem won't go away by itself when he's gone.
Hopefully, though I doubt it, it will be a wave election. That 2020 will see the decimation of the Trumplican Party in both the House and Senate. It looks like a long shot now, but every day that goes by, the possibility increases.
What would then worry me is that would then knee-jerk too far in the OTHER direction, because knee-jerking appears to be all we now know how to do.

This is part of the problem that needs to examined and addressed.

What would then worry me is that would then knee-jerk too far in the OTHER direction, because knee-jerking appears to be all we now know how to
Everything is party over country now.

What would then worry me is that would then knee-jerk too far in the OTHER direction, because knee-jerking appears to be all we now know how to
Yup. And we know that, regardless of which party narrowly wins the White House in November, it's going to claim a "mandate" and start trying to shove its entire agenda down our throats.

Somehow, we're not learning.

What would then worry me is that would then knee-jerk too far in the OTHER direction, because knee-jerking appears to be all we now know how to do.

It is not “knee jerk” it is called a correction. Get your terms straight. The ship of state is so off course, there needs to be a radical change of direction. It is called a return to sanity.

It is not “knee jerk” it is called a correction. Get your terms straight. The ship of state is so off course, there needs to be a radical change of direction. It is called a return to sanity.
I know. And either party will say that if it wins. "It's a mandate".

Am I wrong?

Yup. And we know that, regardless of which party narrowly wins the White House in November, it's going to claim a "mandate" and start trying to shove its entire agenda down our throats.

Wrong, it is always the pubs that claim a mandate. Obama actually won the popular vote. W and Trump did not but still claimed a mandate.

I agree this mandate business has went way to far.

Wrong, it is always the pubs that claim a mandate. Obama actually won the popular vote. W and Trump did not but still claimed a mandate.

A narrow win only means a "mandate" if the winner is a hardcore partisan.

This country is pretty evenly divided, and tribalists just don't want to admit that. They and their tribe have all the answers, and that's what we're gonna get.

There isn't one sane candidate running on the Democratic ticket, so good luck with that.

A narrow win only means a "mandate" if the winner is a hardcore partisan.

This country is pretty evenly divided, and tribalists just don't want to admit that. They and their tribe have all the answers, and that's what we're gonna get.
A mandate should be defined as a sweep of both the House and Senate as well as substantial victory in the popular vote for the presidency. None of which W. or Trump had. Reagan was the last president who could have claimed a mandate. Obama was close...at least in his first term.

Last edited:
We wasted going on two years on this experiment of putting the House in the hands of Democrats. But nobody could have anticipated how radical the Democrat party was about to become. For the good of the people and our country, we need to bring sanity back to our country and restore the Republican majority in the House.

There isn't one sane candidate running on the Democratic ticket, so good luck with that.
And Trump is sane..LOL. The moron Trump thinks that the Constitution is written in a foreign language. I don’t like Warren or Bernie, but if one of them is nominated they will win the popular vote and possibly the election. People are exhausted with Trump and his behavior and that exhaustion will only increase.

An independent that loves America should vote for Trump. America is significantly better off than 4 years ago.

An independent that wants America to be a Socialist shithole should vote Democrat.

An independent that wants to virtue signal rather than make a difference should vote for Micky Mouse or whenever they want to waste their vote on.

An independent that loves America should vote for Trump. America is significantly better off than 4 years ago.

An independent that wants America to be a Socialist shithole should vote Democrat.

An independent that wants to virtue signal rather than make a difference should vote for Micky Mouse or whenever they want to waste their vote on.
What’s so much better?

That farmer bailout seems a lot like socialism. Trump is. Very socialist.

The massive unfunded entitlements that are part of every First World social program network and pension systems.

Tried to find a link. Lots of pay walls and it all seems to be just about the US, despite the key words I used, so, if you want to read up on it, you might have better web fu than I.
So you didn’t base your claim on facts?

I've read up on it in the past, but am not finding it easy to find data on it, to link for you right now. Too much unrelated shit.

That you would try to characterize that, as "not based on facts" is not reasonable of you.
I can tell you there are many countries in a much better spot. All of Scandinavia for example. Much better gdp/debt ratio. Germany and Switzerland too I believe. I think your claim was very broad and I don’t buy into the idea we can’t do better cause others are bad too.

What information do you have on any of them, when it comes to unfunded entitlements?

I just looked some, and it seems the information is just not readily available at all,anymore.

And you missed the point of my post.
You made a claim and you don't seem to have any info to back it up.

We already discussed that. I've read about it in the past, and the info seems to be buried now, under other stuff in the search results I've done.

NOW, you are saying things that implies that you know information on the situation of specific countries. I just asked you what you based that on.

First of all you're probably completely full of shit. It's the typical victim by vicarious means ploy.... It's a really boring approach.
If Trump shit gold and pissed cancer cure
he would still be a bad orange man to you.
So if you want to be taken seriously at least reveal who you are honestly.

Trump's presence has been a miracle for the the most important part of the American economy ..... the corporate money machine.
I don't like capitalism anymore than you do but today it's the only system that even comes close to supporting itself. Trump's actions have pushed the market close to 30,000 flushing untold wealth and potential into the economy. The large debt numbers you're fretting about cannot be handled in a single term or even in several terms and must be made larger before they can be made smaller. This is exactly how to do it by revving up the money making machine to the point where it flushes prosperity out into the various levels of society. The construct of what follows is as of yet undefined... Because it will be the first time we've ever seen it.

Jo

yeah gdp growth is weak. His revving is unimpressive. Hasn’t even hit 3% annual growth....

Not yet....

Bear in mind that the economy is not static but it is dynamic. In 3 short years nearly 5 million dependents have been added to the federal budget that weren't there before.
The goalposts are always moving and many of the spending bills are open ended....they don't start with a zero-sum but are left flexible to account for variations in cost and inflation.

Still though your point is valid and provides a good demonstration as to why numeric
Indicators should probably be avoided when making future promises.

Jo
He’s done everything in the republican playbook and growth is still weak. I have no reason to believe it’s going to increase any time soon. We have the tax cuts. He has cut regulations. I don’t think he has the formula for success. Spending is out of control and fed rates are at historic lows.

He took over an aging upswing and kept it going crazy long. Funny you didn't mention that.
Is that so hard to believe when he also increased deficits to over a trillion dollars? I'm not impressed by weak growth fueled by massive government spending.

So, if instead he had allowed the normal economic cycle to run it's course and we entered a recession last year, you would be commending him on that?

And it is still strange that you didn't even mention that fact in your previous post. It is a kind of big thing to leave out of an analysis.

You either vote for him or you don't. It is HIS job to convince you not ours.

Forum List

Back