Why should an Arab like an American?

ekrem

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2005
You are sitting with an Arab somewhere. You talk to him, and the debate shifts to this:

PRO
Things you and your government have done, that benefited me.

CONTRA
Things you and your government have done, that made my life chaotic.

It's your turn.

They must like something here because they keep coming.

How much Arabs live in USA?
You are talking to an Arab who lives in Palestine, Yemen, Egypt, Syria or S.Arabia etc..

Last edited:
first off

I am not "my government" just as they are not their "government".

A man came and sat down with me one day at lunch. I was fine with that as i was eating alone and he was not a jerk. I asked him where he was from and the response was "persia" I said, "excuse me, don't you mean iran?"

As a general rule, I don't start debating someone I just met in person. I usually try to get to know them as a person. Why shouldn't an Arab like me?

You are sitting with an Arab somewhere. You talk to him, and the debate shifts to this:

PRO
Things you and your government have done, that benefited me.

CONTRA
Things you and your government have done, that made my life chaotic.

It's your turn.

AND do the questions go the other way round?

Less than 300,000 legal Arabs, that is...

and do they count "students"?

This question doesn't add any value to the underlying debate of this thread.
The vast majority of Arabs live in Arab countries and this thread is about an American living in USA and an Arab living in an Arab country, who questions the actions of the American person and American government towards the place he is living in.

Last edited:

The vast majority of Arabs live in Arab countries and this thread is about an American living in USA and an Arab living in an Arab country.

ok, and where is the meeting happening? Or is it totally hypothetical in terms of where?

I don't know how serious this site is, but it says, its sources come from US Census.

There live less then 300.000 Arabs in America.
Number of Arabs in the United States

Because Arab Americans are not officially recognized as a federal minority group, it is hard to determine the exact number of Arab Americans in Michigan. The estimates range from 409,000 to 490,000 based on information from the Michigan Health Department and the Zogby International polls respectively. In the Greater Detroit area, estimates range from 300,000 to 350,000. While the latest Zogby polls rank Michigan's Arab-American population as second largest in the US, after California, Michigan's Arab-American community in Southeast Michigan still has the greatest local concentration .

Arab Detroit - Arab Americans

Really?

The vast majority of Arabs live in Arab countries and this thread is about an American living in USA and an Arab living in an Arab country, who questions the actions of the American person and American government towards the place he is living in.

OK..so we are being specific about what the evil Americans have done to the arabs. Gotcha.

So, on second thought the statement stands. There must be something the arabs like as THEY keep coming here.

So you would prefer to just be a leech on our wallets? When you except money, then other things follow.

Yes, well, I would have known that if you said that in the OP. But you didn't.
So there go the goal posts once. I wonder how many more times you'll try (clumsily) to move them?

Forum List

Back