Why Sarah Palin Can't Catch a Break

immto

Return to Freedom
Jun 28, 2009
Danville, IL
Sarah Palin was treated like a sad little excuse during the 2008 presidential campaign and very few people came to her defense. Now, she is still being ruthlessly attacked by the media and her political opposition. If you look at facts given by her opposition it simply does not make sense. Sarah Palin had more political executive experience than Barack Obama. She's not stupid despite what folks at ABC or MSNBC might say and she has a real track record fighting for what she believes in. That last point is important to note because Barack Obama also had a verifiable track record fighting for what he believes. The difference of course if that Obama campaigned on a moderate platform that was not in line with his track record. His campaign was a smoke screen to steer folks to his side, now it's those folks who are asking themselves why they didn't listen and look more closely at his record. He didn't hide anything, he came right out and told the world where he stands in his speeches, his voting record and his books.

Sarah Palin stands for something, she stands for everything the liberals detest. She is not trendy, she's not cool for school and she believes in God and Guns. Can you imagine, a white women who hunts is against abortion and isn't afraid to get her hands dirty. A successful women who made it into a Governorship on her own. She's more like real Americans who work for a living. The establishment cannot allow her to gain traction or they risk losing the popularity contest as more and more Americans are going to watch the real Sarah Palin and realize that she is not the woman from Saturday Night Live.

What this amounts to is many of Palins opponents using their own opinions to steer the facts instead of allowing the facts to steer their own opinion. This is fine when openly expressing an opinion but when this is done in connection to reporting, well you get what amounts to a Keith Olberman or Rachel Maddow telecast.

Last edited:
so? YOu guys brutally attack Obama left and right. If she can't handle it then she should quit. Oh! wait she already did that.

so? YOu guys brutally attack Obama left and right. If she can't handle it then she should quit. Oh! wait she already did that.

I'm certainly not ready to place the American Crown on Palin, BUT, you really have to be a horses ass to try and compare how she has been degraded nationally to what Obama has experienced.

At least try to be believable!

Mike

Same thing applies to Palin that I apply to Obama ... if you can't deal with the shit flinging, you shouldn't become a politician.

I'm certainly not ready to place the American Crown on Palin, BUT, you really have to be a horses ass to try and compare how she has been degraded nationally to what Obama has experienced.

Mike
did they question where she was born? Have they called her Hitler? Do people accuse her of being a terrorist or a communist? Have people questioned her christian faith saying she is a muslim?
This is what politics is now, if she can't handle it that is her problem.

Same thing applies to Palin that I apply to Obama ... if you can't deal with the shit flinging, you shouldn't become a politician.

I agree, however, I just fail to see where Palin has not dealt with it. Seems to me that she is still standing up right and moving right through it.

Mike

I agree, however, I just fail to see where Palin has not dealt with it. Seems to me that she is still standing up right and moving right through it.

Mike

but she quit her job when things get too hard, that isn't moving right through it. That is giving up.

Mike

Meh ... just saying in response to the "but Obama" whines. ;)

Listen, I vote in my own self interest.

I am honest.

Who would I rather see naked, Obama or Palin?

I have already seen Hu Jintao naked.; reports of Chinese world dominance are highly exaggerated.

Last edited:

Mike

Please.

The kitchen sink was one of the first things you guys threw at Obama.

I think the GOP nominate her for POTUS in 2012.

She is a perfect representative of the average REP partisan.

Mike

but she quit her job when things get too hard, that isn't moving right through it. That is giving up.

She didn't resign from the Governorship because it was too hard, she kicked ass as Governor. You know that or 1. you're an idiot
2. you're a partisan parrot that thinks repeating the party line will make it so. Which is it?

I think the GOP nominate her for POTUS in 2012.

She is a perfect representative of the average REP partisan.

Yes, she is. So partisan in fact that she went after her own party, and worked with Democrats. Yep, she's just downright partisan.

I've never been a big Palin supporter - I thought she was a poor choice for VP. However, on her record, I'd say 'partisan' is one word that just doesn't fit Palin. If you weren't so partisan, maybe you'd see that.

Mike

She didn't resign from the Governorship because it was too hard, she kicked ass as Governor. You know that or 1. you're an idiot
2. you're a partisan parrot that thinks repeating the party line will make it so. Which is it?

palin's an asshat.

Obama has the support of the mainstream media which looks the other way when he tells bold-faced lies about his programs and just about everything.

Sarah Palin on the other hand is criticized for her children and husband. For being a Christian, a hunter and lover of the great outdoors.

She's called stupid and inexperienced while Obama says we have 57 states and can't give a speech without filling it full of uuuuuuhhhs unless he's reading it from a TelePrompTer and the only leadership experience he could put on a resume is "Community Organizer".

The difference that any unbiased person can see is Sarah Palin is criticized about made up shit and about her own personal life while Obama is criticized for lying and a lack of transparency. I guess you opinion of what's fair depends on your political leanings.

palin's an asshat.

Del's a broken record.

Mike
did they question where she was born?

If they had I'm sure she would have shown the long form, first time asked, issue put to rest.

Have they called her Hitler?

No need to, that shoe doesn't fit.

Do people accuse her of being a terrorist or a communist?

Why would they? She never associated with terrorists or communists, she isn't surrounded by them, she never sat in the pew for 20 years 'not hearing it'.

Have people questioned her christian faith saying she is a muslim?
No need to, no question exists of her faith. She is a Christian. And if she were president . . . . she'd have a church.

This is what politics is now, if she can't handle it that is her problem.

She can handle whatever is thrown her way. At this point in time she's more effective out of office vs. in office, as she has said many times. Who knows what the future holds.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back