Why Same-Sex Marraige Is Coming To Your State, Eventually

I cant answer why they shouldnt be allowed to, because in reality, if marriage is going to be completely redefined, any group consenting adults should be permitted to marry- relatives, poofters, polygamists, let em all marry.

The relevant question is whether the state has an interest in preferring and encouraging certain arrangements over others. And I say yes.

Look- I am neither for gay marriage or against it. I live in San Diego. That gays cannot marry here seems awfully strange- given the community. But the attitudes here- and this is what we are talking about- attitudes-not equal rights- should not be imposed elsewhere, which is what the poofters want.

Gay people are not excluded from marriage anymore than polygamists are.

I'm pretty sure you're against Gay Marriage. However, I must ask again why you feel it's wrong for two consenting adults to be married?
No, I am not Against gay marriage, I may not be the most pc guy in the world, but I even love poofters like you, Dogballs. And I personally have no real issue with them getting married. But this is not an equality issue. This is a question of whether or not a state should be free to gives preference to and encourage certain types of relationships over others. And I believe they do, just as I believe that the most valuable relationships to society occur between men and women. The problem you poofters have is that you cannot accept that, while your bushpushing relationships truly are fabulous, they are not as fabulous in a larger context.

I cant answer why they shouldnt be allowed to, because in reality, if marriage is going to be completely redefined, any group consenting adults should be permitted to marry- relatives, poofters, polygamists, let em all marry.

The relevant question is whether the state has an interest in preferring and encouraging certain arrangements over others. And I say yes.

Look- I am neither for gay marriage or against it. I live in San Diego. That gays cannot marry here seems awfully strange- given the community. But the attitudes here- and this is what we are talking about- attitudes-not equal rights- should not be imposed elsewhere, which is what the poofters want.

I'm pretty sure you're against Gay Marriage. However, I must ask again why you feel it's wrong for two consenting adults to be married?

It is not wrong at all. Its not a question of right or wrong, QueenieLove. Its a question of public policy- which are always values based.

Its a different topic, but how does someone having a consensual polygamist marriage affect you?

Its only different in the choosing of a partner, or in this case partners. The arguments are exactly the same. I wonder if the poofters will adamant about protecting the polygamists from such oppression? Strange bedfellows indeed.

i also wonder.

Since the thread is moving to a question of polygamy

Why do those who so vigorously protest the government getting involved in your private lives, want the government to put polygamists in jail?

If you can live with and have children with two women and not break any laws, why do you go to jail if you try to have a formal relationship with them?

It is not wrong at all. Its not a question of right or wrong, QueenieLove. Its a question of public policy- which are always values based.

Sure it is. The only arguments against gay marriage are based on forcing the morality of one sect on everyone else.

Forum List

Back