Why Ryan is reluctant to accept the Speaker position....

Hopefully Green Eggs and Ham doesn't go for the job, he is low in the polls so the Koch brothers will probably pull him out soon.

No only is the myth of the so called "assault weapon", the "Koch brothers" also seem to be another "boogieman".

Progressives need to find "real bad bad guys"... Because the ones they have picked are turning out to be 100% harmless
There is no "Assault weapon" myth.

Any "gun" you can do that with should not be in civilian hands.

"Charming" good ol' American boys, aren't they?

That wasn't the point.

Weapons with that much fire power should not be among the civilian population.

"Weapons with so much fire power" define that. Tell us the difference in your opinion, with your all knowing progressivness.

No deflecting this time, what is a weapon of so much fire power and one that is not??

Ryan wants to be President.

That would effectively be shot down by accepting the Speaker position.

not that he'd have a snowball's chance in hell to be elected president, but why would being speaker of the house necessarily preclude him from ever running for president?

If he even ran for President, he might be the first to follow that sort of track.

Most Presidents of the United States come up from the Senate or Military.

And given the current climate? It would probably be impossible to run after being speaker.

gingrich did it... just saying.

Gingrich went on a book tour.

He was never a serious candidate.

Hopefully Green Eggs and Ham doesn't go for the job, he is low in the polls so the Koch brothers will probably pull him out soon.

No only is the myth of the so called "assault weapon", the "Koch brothers" also seem to be another "boogieman".

Progressives need to find "real bad bad guys"... Because the ones they have picked are turning out to be 100% harmless

That wasn't the point.

"Weapons with so much fire power" define that. Tell us the difference in your opinion, with your all knowing progressivness.

No deflecting this time, what is a weapon of so much fire power and one that is not??

Deflecting what?

I showed you.

Any "self loading" gun should not be in civilian hands. That would mean automatics and semi-automatics.

The public should be able to purchase bolt action long guns and revolver type pistols that can hold no more than 6 rounds. These should be available for home and business defense. It should be extremely difficult to carry either in places were large number of people congregate.

Last edited:
Ryan wants to be President.

That would effectively be shot down by accepting the Speaker position.

not that he'd have a snowball's chance in hell to be elected president, but why would being speaker of the house necessarily preclude him from ever running for president?

If he even ran for President, he might be the first to follow that sort of track.

Most Presidents of the United States come up from the Senate or Military.

And given the current climate? It would probably be impossible to run after being speaker.

gingrich did it... just saying.

Gingrich went on a book tour.

He was never a serious candidate.
Hillary also... Except no one bought her book.

That wasn't the point.

Deflecting what?

I showed you.

Any "self loading" gun should not be in civilian hands. That would mean automatics and semi-automatics.

Tell us about a "self loading gun".

That wasn't the point.

Deflecting what?

I showed you.

Tell us about Custer's last stand.

image.jpg
Which one is mil

That wasn't the point.

Deflecting what?

I showed you.

Tell us which is military grade...

Last edited:

That wasn't the point.

Deflecting what?

I showed you.

Tell us about Custer's last stand.
Custer got his a$$ kicked...

I don't like Paul Ryan very much, but unlike the right wing zealots, I can admit when someone of the opposite party is rather smart.

Ryan has executive ambitions and is young enough to try for the presidency 4-8-or 12 years from now.......The Speaker's position is somewhat of a trap for Ryan, for TWO important reasons"

1. The tea baggers currently in the House don't want someone who is reasonable....The only objective for these morons is to shut everything down (except for their salaries) and to oppose and derail Ryan, they would dig up "dirt" on the guy that would remain vivid on the dwindling ultra right wing base.

2. Ryan also knows that were he to become Speaker, he would taint his reputation a-la-Boehner; nothing of substance would get accomplished in the bitching and moaning House and, as is always the case, the "leaders" of a caucus would bear the brunt of the dysfunction.

True, Ryan may still accept the position of Speaker...but he probably knows that such would make his White House aspirations much, much more difficult.

Because no one wants to deal with Obama..

No one wants to deal with afar left tyrant that will pout and pick up his ball and go home when he does not get his way. So he will just pull out his pen and put forth yet an illegal action/law..

The far left does not want to compromise..
Why should the left compromise with RW obstructionists?

Says the far left drone spouting far left religious dogma..
Well? Go on... So what? Jesus must have been a lefty too since he wasn't a materialistic capitalist butt head like you!
Jesus was and is perfection... Irrelevant theory.

I agree, Jesus Is perfection and he told us how to be perfect. Do you think the materialistic "conservatives" and republicans can follow those guidelines? Here is what Jesus said:

King James Bible
Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

Matthew 19:21

It's also the case that since the GOP is done with the Tea Party brand, any Tea Party Caucus members should expect a congressional version of the "night of the long knives" at some point before November 2016.

That's accurate and right on point.....

Elected Tea Partiers are interpreting their "jobs" as PREVENTING government from working. The GOP has caught the proverbial tiger by the tail...afraid to hold on and equally afraid to let go. Tea partiers constitute a growing cancer within the once decent republican party.

Their job is to prevent Obama from advancing his agenda. If that means holding up government once in a while, so be it. It certainly doesn't bother me of government has to take an occasional vacation from non-stop raping and pillaging.
Holy crap Bripat, you said something that both explains things in a way I hadn't held in consideration, and you didn't insult me.

Wow.

At any rate...I'm skeptical about the Tea Party's eventual aim. One could take these politicians at their word, and have faith they'll cut spending, the debt, and the deficit. One might also assume that they'll simply spend as much money, just on things Republicans want, instead of what the Democrats want.

One might also assume that they'll simply spend as much money, just on things Republicans want, instead of what the Democrats want.

I'm waiting for the "honest" tea party in congress to say: "Someone has to step up to cut this run-away spending by the federal government...SO, let me be the first to say, I don't want a DIME to go to my constituents."

One might also assume that they'll simply spend as much money, just on things Republicans want, instead of what the Democrats want.

I'm waiting for the "honest" tea party in congress to say: "Someone has to step up to cut this run-away spending by the federal government...SO, let me be the first to say, I don't want a DIME to go to my constituents."
The Tea Party austerity program has never actually been tested in our government.

Forum List

Back