Why Ryan is reluctant to accept the Speaker position....

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
I don't like Paul Ryan very much, but unlike the right wing zealots, I can admit when someone of the opposite party is rather smart.

Ryan has executive ambitions and is young enough to try for the presidency 4-8-or 12 years from now.......The Speaker's position is somewhat of a trap for Ryan, for TWO important reasons"

1. The tea baggers currently in the House don't want someone who is reasonable....The only objective for these morons is to shut everything down (except for their salaries) and to oppose and derail Ryan, they would dig up "dirt" on the guy that would remain vivid on the dwindling ultra right wing base.

2. Ryan also knows that were he to become Speaker, he would taint his reputation a-la-Boehner; nothing of substance would get accomplished in the bitching and moaning House and, as is always the case, the "leaders" of a caucus would bear the brunt of the dysfunction.

True, Ryan may still accept the position of Speaker...but he probably knows that such would make his White House aspirations much, much more difficult.

Thought this might be an interesting topic but I quit reading at "tea bagger."

I'm not easily offended, but the use of "teabagger"
is vulgar and juvenile and I'll leave this topic to those who like that kind of thing.

T.E.A. (Taxed Enough Already) is the name they gave themselves. Liberals educated me on the meaning of "teabagging." Information I could have lived without.

T.E.A. (Taxed Enough Already) is the name they gave themselves. Liberals educated me on the meaning of "teabagging." Information I could have lived without.
You were the folks who came up with the nickname.

Couple a things.......

The fact that nobody wants the job is very telling.

It's also the case that since the GOP is done with the Tea Party brand, any Tea Party Caucus members should expect a congressional version of the "night of the long knives" at some point before November 2016.

I don't know how they're related, but, this "fracture" in the GOP that lefty media is rattling on about is the buzz this week on Capitol Hill.

The GOP controlled Congress has a daunting challenge, which is IMO:

They can't send anything that will do the country good before Obama leaves office, because something good might happen during his administration, and the Democrats could take credit for that.

At the same time, to avoid doing that, they'll need to continue with congressional committees to appear as though they work for a living. The Bhengazi, IRS, Email, and Planned Parenthood "scandals" have cut into Hillary's lead in the polls, but do not impress the swing voters who's votes need to be cultivated by the GOP.

I will do some research myself, because I'm curious if there has ever been complete reluctance to be Speaker of The House

It's also the case that since the GOP is done with the Tea Party brand, any Tea Party Caucus members should expect a congressional version of the "night of the long knives" at some point before November 2016.

That's accurate and right on point.....

Elected Tea Partiers are interpreting their "jobs" as PREVENTING government from working. The GOP has caught the proverbial tiger by the tail...afraid to hold on and equally afraid to let go. Tea partiers constitute a growing cancer within the once decent republican party.

I don't like Paul Ryan very much, but unlike the right wing zealots, I can admit when someone of the opposite party is rather smart.

Ryan has executive ambitions and is young enough to try for the presidency 4-8-or 12 years from now.......The Speaker's position is somewhat of a trap for Ryan, for TWO important reasons"

1. The tea baggers currently in the House don't want someone who is reasonable....The only objective for these morons is to shut everything down (except for their salaries) and to oppose and derail Ryan, they would dig up "dirt" on the guy that would remain vivid on the dwindling ultra right wing base.

2. Ryan also knows that were he to become Speaker, he would taint his reputation a-la-Boehner; nothing of substance would get accomplished in the bitching and moaning House and, as is always the case, the "leaders" of a caucus would bear the brunt of the dysfunction.

True, Ryan may still accept the position of Speaker...but he probably knows that such would make his White House aspirations much, much more difficult.
Nice_3a280a_330135.jpg

Nice_3a280a_330135.jpg

Zanny epitomizes (in his own silly way) exactly what goes on in the House with tea partiers.....They.....and Zanny.....offer nothing of value and just sit around to bitch and moan.....and call it "wisdom"..............Go figure the stupidity and waste.

Tsk, tsk.....on where your mind may be......Here's why I call them tea baggers....

upload_2015-10-9_19-29-33.png

Because no one wants to deal with Obama..

No one wants to deal with afar left tyrant that will pout and pick up his ball and go home when he does not get his way. So he will just pull out his pen and put forth yet an illegal action/law..

The far left does not want to compromise..

As John Boehner is confirming, the ONLY republican who can be Speaker is one who is about to retire. Term limits could help this wasteful legislative inefficiency.

That's accurate and right on point.....

Elected Tea Partiers are interpreting their "jobs" as PREVENTING government from working. The GOP has caught the proverbial tiger by the tail...afraid to hold on and equally afraid to let go. Tea partiers constitute a growing cancer within the once decent republican party.

Their job is to prevent Obama from advancing his agenda. If that means holding up government once in a while, so be it. It certainly doesn't bother me of government has to take an occasional vacation from non-stop raping and pillaging.

Nice_3a280a_330135.jpg

Zanny epitomizes (in his own silly way) exactly what goes on in the House with tea partiers.....They.....and Zanny.....offer nothing of value and just sit around to bitch and moan.....and call it "wisdom"..............Go figure the stupidity and waste.

"Value" meaning looting the taxpayers, enslaving all of us, and flushing our civilization down the toilet.

Forum List

Back