Why Romney will win

what Romney should menton in campaign speeches, is ask the crowd, "How Much Money They Have Lost Since Obama Took Office"? most likely, the Average american has lost a 6 digit figure ( I know I have lost over 100,000 since Bozo took office)

He can ask Reagan's Question: "Are you better off now than you were 4 years ago?"

I try to steer away from that one if I were Mitt

Why?

Obama gets punked by the question.

what Romney should menton in campaign speeches, is ask the crowd, "How Much Money They Have Lost Since Obama Took Office"? most likely, the Average american has lost a 6 digit figure ( I know I have lost over 100,000 since Bozo took office)

Then you are not very smart when the stock market and corporations seem to be making money. Hmmm...go figure!
Then to give you a dose of your own medicine. Don't rely on others to make your fortune. make it yourself. Get off your ass and work.

Romney will have plenty of embarrassing Obama footage to work with. Romney should do an ad displaying how Obama was percieved to be the President so concerned with the middle class, then edit it footage of his expensive vacations that were paid for by the middle class.

I wonder where Romney would be if he hadn't outspent Santorum by about 5 to 1?

Maybe jockeying for the VP slot?

We'll never find out until we go to public financing of elections.

We had public financing of presidential elections since 1976 until Obama destroyed the system in 2008.

Not the kind I'm talking about. That was a feeble attempt at partial financing, rightly discarded. I'm in favor of full financing with no out. Did Obama break a law by doing that? No? Then we need a better law. They won't stop spending until they have fewer expensive promises to keep.

Last edited:

Then you are not very smart when the stock market and corporations seem to be making money. Hmmm...go figure!
Then to give you a dose of your own medicine. Don't rely on others to make your fortune. make it yourself. Get off your ass and work.

The rebound in the stock market has put trillions back into regular folks' 401k

Guess this guess needs to fire his broker

He can ask Reagan's Question: "Are you better off now than you were 4 years ago?"

I try to steer away from that one if I were Mitt

Why?

Obama's had 4 years, 2 of which he's enjoyed a vetoproof majority and look at how badly he's fucked it up. No budget, record debt, deficits, unemployment, poverty and our first ever credit downgrade

Had Obama accepted public financing in 2008, we would now be talking about President McCain's chances for a second term. If Romney can raise as much money as Obama this time around, $1 billion +, there is little doubt he can defeat this weak, failed president.

That's my point. Obama won in 2008 only because he was able to outspend McCain by 4 to 1 in the general election, and I agree with you that if Santorum, a surprisingly formidable candidate, had been able to match Romney's spending, he might well be on his way to being the Republican nominee, and if Santorum were able to match Obama's spending in the general election, he would have had a reasonable chance of becoming President.

Obama is not a strong candidate. He only won the primary in 2008 by sending Jim Clyburn out to call Clinton a racist and scare the Democrat super delegates into abandoning Clinton for fear of losing the black vote, and he only defeated McCain by outspending him by 4 to 1.

the stock market numbers in a way are meaningless. we could hit 14,000, and still have 9.0% unemployment. But we all know it will hit 14,000 after Romney wins.

you are the one that made the comment on how much money you have lost in the stock market. What a great romney are you are trying to do, make a comment about one thing and then say you were talking about something else. Lie like romney.

I am not in the stock market, I said I lost at least 100,000 in wages since Obama took office,,pretty much a safe estimate for most working americans. many condos in Naples went down to a worth of $50,000 when they were worth closer to $200,000 in early 2008. This is the Hope and Change that was promised?

Had Obama accepted public financing in 2008, we would now be talking about President McCain's chances for a second term. If Romney can raise as much money as Obama this time around, $1 billion +, there is little doubt he can defeat this weak, failed president.

That's my point. Obama won in 2008 only because he was able to outspend McCain by 4 to 1 in the general election, and I agree with you that if Santorum, a surprisingly formidable candidate, had been able to match Romney's spending, he might well be on his way to being the Republican nominee, and if Santorum were able to match Obama's spending in the general election, he would have had a reasonable chance of becoming President.

Obama is not a strong candidate. He only won the primary in 2008 by sending Jim Clyburn out to call Clinton a racist and scare the Democrat super delegates into abandoning Clinton for fear of losing the black vote, and he only defeated McCain by outspending him by 4 to 1.

I think it would unwise for ANYONE to underestimate Obama as a candidate and as a campaigner. Or to say he only beat a candidate who outspent him by playing the race card and by beating another candidate only because he outspent him.

We'll never find out until we go to public financing of elections.

We had public financing of presidential elections since 1976 until Obama destroyed the system in 2008.

Not the kind I'm talking about. That was a feeble attempt at partial financing, rightly discarded. I'm in favor of full financing with no out. Did Obama break a law by doing that? No? Then we need a better law. They won't stop spending until they have fewer expensive promises to keep.

In fact, from 1976 until Obama broke his campaign pledge to accept public financing, all presidential candidates in general elections did limit their spending according to the rules. In all those elections, Democrat and Republican candidates spent very similar amounts in the general elections until Obama destroyed this system.

In the interest of alleviating TM of what she must believe is an obligation to keep posting variations of her previous posts in this thread, I'm gonna let her in on a little secret. I'm rather active in the Republican party here in west Michigan and thus deal with a lot of Republicans all the time. Not one that I've talked to thus far doesn't like Romney in the sense that they won't support him come Nov. 6th. Like me a lot of them would have preferred one of the other candidates, but it doesn't look like that's gonna be the case. But no one is taking their eye off the ball. The objective is to send Barry boy back to Hyde Park next January, period.

In the interest of alleviating TM of what she must believe is an obligation to keep posting variations of her previous posts in this thread, I'm gonna let her in on a little secret. I'm rather active in the Republican party here in west Michigan and thus deal with a lot of Republicans all the time. Not one that I've talked to thus far doesn't like Romney in the sense that they won't support him come Nov. 6th. Like me a lot of them would have preferred one of the other candidates, but it doesn't look like that's gonna be the case. But no one is taking their eye off the ball. The objective is to send Barry boy back to Hyde Park next January, period.

Yep.

I've seen people who clammored for Santorum and railed against Romney now offering to work on his campaign.

It's gonna be a blast sending Mr. Hope and Change (along with Valerie "Slum Dog" Jarret) back to Chicago. I think they should let them drive back in a garbage truck.

TM is a moron.

Why Romney will win. Bookmark it.

Romney is Attacking Problems, Obama's Attacking Romney.

Romney believes in American Greatness; Obama apologizes for it

Romney believes in Freedom, Free enterprise, innovation and Entrepreneurship; Obama believes in government hand outs and dependency

Romney's Dad raised a family and dedicated to bettering himself, Obama's Dad a Genuine Communist, was plotting the destruction of the USA

It's as clear an election as we've had since 1980

Completely and utterly un-true..on all counts.

And if you want to get into family matters..the Romney's left the US to live in Mexico so they could practice polygamy.

Obama's grandfather fought in WWII.

Forum List

Back