Why Romney is embarrassed by Bain

Romney should be out there blowing his own horn about the big money he made for producing virtually nothing.

He can't because he didn't pay tax on it. Betcha.

And, as a friend of mine wrote,

Romney's continued refusal to reveal his tax returns from previous years, despite the massive hit his campaign is taking, is very much like the red flag waved in front of Harry Markopoulis' face [reference to earlier conversation] .... he has got something to hide, and I DON'T believe that it's simply his low tax rate, or the fact that he's rich, or even the fact that he's stashed money overseas.... we already know about these things.

He's running for PRESIDENT, for chrissakes... and sorry, but Presidents get very little privacy. I'm not interested in what goes on in his bedroom, or what he gives to the Mormon church, or what kind of underwear he wears.... I want to know if he's an honest, ethical, and moral person.

And I want to know how he managed to pump up his SEP IRA to a value as high as $120M, even if he contributed the legal maximum to the account over the years that he was a participant. I'd like to know how he managed a 22,700% return on his money.... and whether he did it by means which might be unethical and immoral, if not outright illegal.

Well, rw's ... Try to spin this. Or, tell me how I can make that % return.

Again, if he didn't pay taxes on his earnings, he should be out there telling us whay kind of brilliant financial mind he truly is and why we need him now.

Why do Liberals hate successful Americans?

Do they wish everyone was a miserable failure, like they are?

Would the world be a better place, in their view, if we were all on Food Stamps?

It's in their DNA, there's just something about some people that have more than others that they can't deal with.
It's a mental disorder.

Dear God - ANOTHER Bain thread?

Is this all you assholes have? Seriously?

Laughable...

Bain reminds everybody how rich Romney is, how different that makes him from ordinary people, and how this kind of advantage perpetuates itself. Five years ago, according to disclosure statements, he was already worth between $190 and $250 million, not counting another $70-100 million in trusts for his children and grandchildren, and not counting real estate worth tens of millions more. It’s not clear how he turned a maximum contribution of $450,000 over 15 years at Bain into an IRA worth between $21 and $102 million (where it grows tax free).

At least we know Romney can grow wealth, Obama seems stuck on growing debt. Other than that, I can't seem to get jealous and envious people who make money. I guess the divisive Democratic, will have to divide me in another way.

We do? Well, who is he going to destroy this time in the name of "Growing wealth?" I'm guessing the middle class.

Bain reminds everybody how rich Romney is, how different that makes him from ordinary people, and how this kind of advantage perpetuates itself. Five years ago, according to disclosure statements, he was already worth between $190 and $250 million, not counting another $70-100 million in trusts for his children and grandchildren, and not counting real estate worth tens of millions more. It’s not clear how he turned a maximum contribution of $450,000 over 15 years at Bain into an IRA worth between $21 and $102 million (where it grows tax free).

At least we know Romney can grow wealth, Obama seems stuck on growing debt. Other than that, I can't seem to get jealous and envious people who make money. I guess the divisive Democratic, will have to divide me in another way.

We do? Well, who is he going to destroy this time in the name of "Growing wealth?" I'm guessing the middle class.

0bama's already seen to the destruction of the middle class...

Why do Liberals hate successful Americans?

Do they wish everyone was a miserable failure, like they are?

Would the world be a better place, in their view, if we were all on Food Stamps?

It's in their DNA, there's just something about some people that have more than others that they can't deal with.
It's a mental disorder.

It's simple. it's called dealing with life.

Romney’s Bain career is a story about rising inequality. It’s telling that George Romney, Mitt’s father, made around $200,000 through most of the years he ran American Motors Corporation. Doing work that clearly created jobs, the elder Romney paid an effective tax rate that averaged 37 percent. His son made vastly more running a corporate chop shop in an industry that does not appear to create jobs overall.

Lord Mitt suffers so much in the comparison to his father that sometimes I actually feel bad for him. Is it his fault that he represents everything that has gone wrong not only with our economy but with our politics over the last half century? I really don't know. But man, what a weight to be dragging around.

Imagine a CEO of a major auto company making the equivalent of $200,000 (about $2 million)today and paying 37 percent on it

Last edited:
What laws has Romney broken?

If you were able to accumulate over $21 million in a tax free IRA over 15 years you have broken tax laws

Then why hasn't the IRS gone after Romney?

Is that why he won't release his tax returns?

Every other American has a limit on the amount of tax exempt money they can contribute in an IRA. how did Romney accumulate $21 million?

America wants to know

What is it Republicans?

You obviously are not proud of Mitts accomplishments as governor. You have been telling us that his Bain experience is what makes him the best choice for President

Now, when people question what he actually did at Bain, you push it off and say...."that is not relevant...Bain is a dead issue"

Do you support what he did at Bain or not?

Massachusetts has been a dead issue all along - why?

Bain is a dead issue - why?

The tax returns are a dead issue - why?

What does he want people to look at?? He brings nothing to the table.

If you were able to accumulate over $21 million in a tax free IRA over 15 years you have broken tax laws

Then why hasn't the IRS gone after Romney?

Is that why he won't release his tax returns?

Every other American has a limit on the amount of tax exempt money they can contribute in an IRA. how did Romney accumulate $21 million?

America wants to know

Why don't you get the IRA to do that? What's the problem?

What is it Republicans?

You obviously are not proud of Mitts accomplishments as governor. You have been telling us that his Bain experience is what makes him the best choice for President

Now, when people question what he actually did at Bain, you push it off and say...."that is not relevant...Bain is a dead issue"

Let's make a deal. Romney releases all his tax returns and Obama releases his college papers and grades and Holder releases everything of F&F. Okay?

They keep bringing up how qualified Mitt is and yet when you question what he accomplished they try to shut down the thread

They keep bringing up how qualified Mitt is and yet when you question what he accomplished they try to shut down the thread

Would you respond to my question in #72. Thanks.

What is it Republicans?

Let's make a deal. Romney releases all his tax returns and Obama releases his college papers and grades and Holder releases everything of F&F. Okay?

I'm sure Obama and Holder would jump at that. They may even throw in a pair of birth certificates

Would Romney buy in? I doubt it

Would you respond to my question in #72. Thanks.

It was a link not a question

What is it Republicans?

I'm sure Obama and Holder would jump at that. They may even throw in a pair of birth certificates

Would Romney buy in? I doubt it

Okay, it's a deal. When Obama and Holder jump at that, then Romney will release his tax returns.

Forum List

Back