Why Right Wing Is Petrified of Letting Voters, Not Electoral College, Pick Presidents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we saying only "educated" voters should be allowed to vote?

I would say so, but I speak for myself. Not my party, nor my race, nor my religion, nor anything...just me. However, remember I am a teacher so before I agree to that I would have to insist that a system of education was created where students are not brainwashed by a liberal agenda. That easy enough...focus on teaching kids HOW to think instead of WHAT to think. I would also raise the voting age to 35
HOW to think like a CON$ervative, you mean, which is to not think at all.

"Some fellows get credit for being conservative when they are only stupid."
- Kin Hubbard

You have to pass a written test in most States in this country to be able to get a license to drive a car but anyone with a pulse can cast a vote. Seems a bit crazy...doesn't it?

Are we saying only "educated" voters should be allowed to vote?

I would say so, but I speak for myself. Not my party, nor my race, nor my religion, nor anything...just me. However, remember I am a teacher so before I agree to that I would have to insist that a system of education was created where students are not brainwashed by a liberal agenda. That easy enough...focus on teaching kids HOW to think instead of WHAT to think. I would also raise the voting age to 35

- Kin Hubbard

No I mean how to reach their own conclusions. Let me quote a former dean at a university I worked "we don't want (the students) the think for themselves. We want them to do what we tell them to do and think what we tell them to think." And yes he was a flaming liberal who had a doll of Bush full of pins and hanging from a noose on his desk lamp. There's your "lets all just get along, peaceful, non-vitriolic, idealistic liberal mind" pal.

Letting voters pick presidents makes sense to me.

This thread indicates you are:

A) Ignorant as hell

B) Just fucking trolling AGAIN

C) Convinced your blunt, mindless partisanship is more important than the country

D) All of the above

I'm going with 'D'

the image below is precisely why liberals want to consolidate election power in major cities instead of observing the balance between rural and urban America Lakhota.

250px-2004prescountymap2.PNG

Damn....look at all that red!

- Kin Hubbard

No I mean how to reach their own conclusions. Let me quote a former dean at a university I worked "we don't want (the students) the think for themselves. We want them to do what we tell them to do and think what we tell them to think." And yes he was a flaming liberal who had a doll of Bush full of pins and hanging from a noose on his desk lamp. There's your "lets all just get along, peaceful, non-vitriolic, idealistic liberal mind" pal.
Bullshit! It sounds more like what YOU would do!

the image below is precisely why liberals want to consolidate election power in major cities instead of observing the balance between rural and urban America Lakhota.

What "balance" would that be? Are we supposed to believe "one acre, one vote" is as valid as "one man, one vote"?

- Kin Hubbard

snappy rebuttal, ace

:thup:

- Kin Hubbard

Yeah and I assume you base that upon your in-depth knowledge of my personal philosophy and experience with my professional relationships, specifically that of Dean Exley of whom I refer.

250px-2004prescountymap2.PNG

Damn....look at all that red!

Have you read the following book?

EVERY VOTE EQUAL: A State-Based Plan For Electing The President By National Popular Vote

Have you ever read this book?

512xNqJSzQL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Well, that tells me all I need to know about what kind of an "educator" you are...

Well, that tells me all I need to know about what kind of an "educator" you are...

Well see, I don't grade based upon the student's ultimate opinion. Whether I agree or disagree is totally irrelevant. I grade based upon how well thought out, how researched, how well argued, and how well supported their position is. Thus far you are failing my class.

You want to do away with the EC? You have any idea what the results would be?

Just think Florida 2000 on a national scale. Every precinct in every state counting and recounting votes. Votes being manufactured all over the place. Fraud. Corruption. Complete manipulation of the elections. Total Chaos.

Follow that with fighting in the streets and civil war.
They never think about consequences like those. They just think about the "perfect" world they would create if they were in charge. "Only wih a pure democracy can we have a truly etalitarian system of government."

Yeah and I assume you base that upon your in-depth knowledge of my personal philosophy and experience with my professional relationships, specifically that of Dean Exley of whom I refer.
No, I base it on the fact that CON$ habitually make up anecdotal crap, which is usually a projection of themselves, that can't be verified.

No, I base it on the fact that CON$ habitually make up anecdotal crap, which is usually a projection of themselves, that can't be verified.

So in other words you base it upon your own bullshit opinion. Gotcha.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back