Why Ridicule Republicans? Because They're Ridiculous

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Twalbert, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Twalbert

Twalbert Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I get asked, from time to time, why I am so partisan in my political writings. Why can't I, some ask, cover politics from the middle, offering up a balanced approach to the views of both Republicans and Democrats? Why do I ridicule Republicanism at every turn, mocking the core beliefs of one portion of America?

The reason is simple: Republican ideology is simply wrong. The empirical evidence, the logical arguments, the experience we have in seeing Republicanism enacted over the last thirty years, it all adds up as pretty damning proof that the Republican plan for America is a failure.

I ought to know — I was a Republican for 20 years.

Source: Why Ridicule Republicans? Because They're Ridiculous | Benzinga

2. Ringel05

Ringel05 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,348
    Romper room bound....... Start the count down....... :lol:

3. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,726
    How's Obama doin? Wanna go back in democrat party history? FDR was elected on a promise to end the recession. Under his leadership it turned into a soup line depression in three terms. Every World War started under a democrat administration. America was criminally unprepared for WW2 even when we knew it was coming. Democrats are the party of racism and segregation going back to Lincoln. Now we have a bunch of Stalinists in office and which party is ridiculous?

4. American Horse

American Horse AKA "Mustang"

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +938
    Given the bent of both parties; the habitual spending habits of the Dems and the weak-kneed resistance of the Reps, I'll go with the Reps (as I have since I first voted in 1965) and try to reform them through a popular grass roots movement, aka The Tea-Party.
    There is no hope in trying to reform the Dems; they're over the cliff.

5. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    The Republican plan for the USA is a the inevitable bankruptsy of what they believe to be the welfare (for the needy) government.

They reckon that by spending as much money as possible on wars of Empire (Iraq and Afghanistan); by, at the same time giving billionaires a break from paying taxes (the Bush Tax breaks); and in addition, by creating conditions where US workers are competing against low wage third world workers, (pretty much every "free trade" bill signed into law in the last 30 years) they could force this nation to radically change the social contract or go belly up because it cannot pay its bills.

FWIW, their plan is working exactly as planned.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  6. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    If loving liberty is ridiculous, then I'm proud to be so. If honoring and obeying the Constitution is ridiculous, than sign me up. If living within our means is ridiculous, then I am guilty as charged.

Id rather be free and look the fool, then to support progressive policies and remove all doubt.

7. Ringel05

Ringel05 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,348
    Uuummmm....... I'm sure you could come up with a few more talking points if you tried. Something new maybe? That would be refreshing.