Why Republicans Piss Me Off

jaffeh

Nov 18, 2011
Okay, my dad was a Republican, and he came from a long line of them, but I happened to side with Mom and the Democrats she came from. It's an instinctual thing. I had to go with what I felt and thought. I really loved my dad and his dad, though. Just not their politics.

I really think both parties think they're helping. I also think both parties are killing us. The divide since Reagan is really bad. From Reagan, things got way worse. The righteous Christian right emerged. My dad and my granddad were great Christian men, but I think even they would question the Republican party NOW. They both loved pensions and social security and mid century health insurance despite Roosevelt.

But, the Roosevelt Democrats have ALWAYS wanted to keep the lazy from producing but still living well, right!

Well, here's a story. A woman who DOES NOT pay her mortgage! Hey, it's only RIGHT to throw her out!

Thank the good Lord above that everybody is NOT a hardcore Repub.

U.S. News - Deputies refuse to evict 103-year-old woman

Republican money folks would throw out this woman.

But hey, NO WELFARE! Greet at Walmart, old woman. Earn your keep!

Just because she is old doesnt mean she should get free housing.. If she is so old and cant care for herself she should be in a home for someone to care for you. She gets social security. Way more then what she put in since she lived how many years older then the average person. She has money so why not pay her bills .. Why does she still have a mortgage on a house she has lived in for 50 years anyway.

Last edited:
Old. Are you fucking kidding me!? 103 isn't old. 103 is beyond elderly. You think somebody who is 103 is capable of 'pulling their weight?'

You just made the OP's point.

I heard this earlier on TV news ... The house was paid for but the various banks and mortgage companies that have passed it around cannot find the paperwork.

So people are allowed to steal because they are old?

So, without knowing the facts, you would throw an 83 year old and a 104 year old woman out on the street. In winter. At Christmas. No place else to go. You really believe that this situation has only one possible ending?

Mean for no other reason than to be mean. That's why I hate pubs/baggers too.

I heard this earlier on TV news ... The house was paid for but the various banks and mortgage companies that have passed it around cannot find the paperwork.

So, without knowing the facts, you would throw an 83 year old and a 104 year old woman out on the street. In winter. At Christmas. No place else to go. You really believe that this situation has only one possible ending?

Hall said the problem began years ago. Her house was paid for but at some point a family member took out a second mortgage and then never paid the bills on the home. There have been court battles, and a judge finally ordered the eviction. But now, the threat is over.

103-year-old gets to stay in home after Ch. 2 story airs over... | www.wsbtv.com

Why does she still have a mortgage on a house she has lived in for 50 years anyway.

BINGO!

Fifty years of making payments, the bank screws up and loses the paperwork so, rather than look for alternatives, throw them out on the street.

Old. Are you fucking kidding me!? 103 isn't old. 103 is beyond elderly. You think somebody who is 103 is capable of 'pulling their weight?'

You just made the OP's point.

Why do you think people are incompetant simply because they are older?

There are tons of great things elderly people can do to contribute to society.

Why does she still have a mortgage on a house she has lived in for 50 years anyway.

BINGO!

Fifty years of making payments, the bank screws up and loses the paperwork so, rather than look for alternatives, throw them out on the street.

Bank did not cause this. Someone in her family took out a loan in her name against her house. So someone in her family did it to her. Not the bank. That person should be in jail.

If they paid, then they arent stealing are they?

It disgusts me that you think people should be allowed to steal just because they've reached a certain age. Or that somehow people can't do anything positive for society because they are older. And somehow I am the one lacking compassion...

Platform | Libertarian Party

I started out Demmie, went Repub in 80' & after 88' went L/P. Your smart you'll do the same thing. The so called 'Christian right' is the 2nd biggest hoax ever pulled on the global community. Their really politically based churchians...

Churchianity - Wiktionary

Okay, my dad was a Republican, and he came from a long line of them, but I happened to side with Mom and the Democrats she came from. It's an instinctual thing. I had to go with what I felt and thought. I really loved my dad and his dad, though. Just not their politics.

I really think both parties think they're helping. I also think both parties are killing us. The divide since Reagan is really bad. From Reagan, things got way worse. The righteous Christian right emerged. My dad and my granddad were great Christian men, but I think even they would question the Republican party NOW. They both loved pensions and social security and mid century health insurance despite Roosevelt.

But, the Roosevelt Democrats have ALWAYS wanted to keep the lazy from producing but still living well, right!

Well, here's a story. A woman who DOES NOT pay her mortgage! Hey, it's only RIGHT to throw her out!

I guess there really is no place for compassion in financial matters. Even in a criminal court the age and health of the accused is taken into account during sentencing, is there no place for a similar consideration in a foreclosure? Be patient, Soon they will be in a home or dead and everyone can be happy.

Oh and in what word does being a Republican require religion??

I still want to know if they're going to just kill everyone over a certain age. If they are indigent, and SSI is going to be done away with - how do those advocating such actions intend to care for the poor, the infirm and the elderly?

I still want to know if they're going to just kill everyone over a certain age. If they are indigent, and SSI is going to be done away with - how do those advocating such actions intend to care for the poor, the infirm and the elderly?
What happened prior to SS. The families took care of the elderly .. I will take care of my Mom if it comes down to that. That is what is wrong with this country they expect the government to care for everything .. When my MIL was ill my husband two sisters took care of her until her passing. They never went into a home

I guess there really is no place for compassion in financial matters. Even in a criminal court the age and health of the accused is taken into account during sentencing, is there no place for a similar consideration in a foreclosure? Be patient, Soon they will be in a home or dead and everyone can be happy.

Even in criminal court, criminals are punished regardless of age and health.

Why would anyone be happy with them dead? You are the people claiming they are somehow worthless to society and can't take care of themselves and have no need to obey the law anymore. What the freak is wrong with you people?

What happened prior to SS. The families took care of the elderly .. I will take care of my Mom if it comes down to that. That is what is wrong with this country they expect the government to care for everything .. When my MIL was ill my husband two sisters took care of her until her passing. They never went into a home

Taking care of your parents? that's not compassionate. You should be encouraging them to steal from others.

Forum List

Back