Why Republicans Can't Win

Dude, that has to be the silliest thing you've ever said.

9% unemployment, 38% approval rating, 800 point drop in the Dow, double dip recession, 4 trillion in new debt, $4.00 a gallon gasoline.

You really think voters are going to ignore this because Rick Perry is a big meaniehead who exectues baby killers?

You forgot about the credit down grade. Yea, everyone loves Bam!!

you know, I'm really trying my best here, but remembering a full list of "Why Obama sucks as a President" is quite a difficult job, and I just got back from vacation. Come on, NatureGirl, cut me a little slack! :lol:

A point. When I was on vacation, I met up with my old boss and her husband. (We all like to vacation in the same area.) Because they know I'm into this stuff, we talked a bit about politics, and what I found is that neither of them knew all that much about Perry or Romney. (The husband, who is a smart guy who runs his own contracting service, thought Romney was the governor of New Jersey.)

So for the OP to point to a poll that shows Obama leading Candidate X with a large number of undecideds, and say, "Yup, Obama's going to win because people hate Republicans!" is being a bit foolish.

Now, I DO think the GOP has a lot of long term issues they need to address. They need to make more inroads with hispanics, and this bashing Perry over tuitions is running in the wrong direction. I think they need to do a lot more relating to working people and their problems and less with the billionaire who won't be able to buy a new polo pony if Obama's tax increases go through.

That's the point. Republicans have been campaigning against Obama for years. Democrats, on the other hand, have not yet begun to campaign against the eventual nominee. Why do Republicans fall in and out of love so quickly? Because as soon as somebody becomes the front-runner, all the gory details start coming out.

That why Republicans would run an "unnamed candidate," if they could.

You forgot about the credit down grade. Yea, everyone loves Bam!!

you know, I'm really trying my best here, but remembering a full list of "Why Obama sucks as a President" is quite a difficult job, and I just got back from vacation. Come on, NatureGirl, cut me a little slack! :lol:

A point. When I was on vacation, I met up with my old boss and her husband. (We all like to vacation in the same area.) Because they know I'm into this stuff, we talked a bit about politics, and what I found is that neither of them knew all that much about Perry or Romney. (The husband, who is a smart guy who runs his own contracting service, thought Romney was the governor of New Jersey.)

So for the OP to point to a poll that shows Obama leading Candidate X with a large number of undecideds, and say, "Yup, Obama's going to win because people hate Republicans!" is being a bit foolish.

Now, I DO think the GOP has a lot of long term issues they need to address. They need to make more inroads with hispanics, and this bashing Perry over tuitions is running in the wrong direction. I think they need to do a lot more relating to working people and their problems and less with the billionaire who won't be able to buy a new polo pony if Obama's tax increases go through.

That's the point. Republicans have been campaigning against Obama for years. Democrats, on the other hand, have not yet begun to campaign against the eventual nominee. Why do Republicans fall in and out of love so quickly? Because as soon as somebody becomes the front-runner, all the gory details start coming out.

..... Nah. Good try though. ;)

I think my point was that most of the electorate isn't paying attention. A large part doesn't even pay attention during the primaries, which I think is a part of the problem.

The other part of the problem is that the Media is completely in the tank for Obama. Seriously, the Soviets would have loved to have this kind of sycophancy.

Incidently, I don't think all the gory details came out on Romney when he was the "Frontrunner". I think the media wants him to be the nominee so they can plaster him with his crazy religion, sleazy business practices and general unlikability- after he gets the nomination. I think they've tried to go after everyone else. Just like they kind of tricked us into nominating McCain in 2008 and then blungeoned the guy worse than the VietCong did.

On Perry, I think he's not quite hit his stride yet, and maybe he never will. (Times' running out, Ricky). Right now the sticking point with the Right Wing seems to be the fact he has to live with illegals and doesn't hate them as much as some in the GOP base does.

There is a defense to be made of his policies, but he isn't making it.

Obama's approval rating is misleading. The economy is bad. People are anxious. Any president's approval rating would be bad in this environment.

The Republicans can't run an "unnamed opponent". If they could figure a way to do this, they would, but they can't. Whichever candidate they nominate is already trailing Obama. RCP: vs. Perry + 8.2%; vs. Romney + 3%; Bachman + 14.5%.

The Republican party is dominated by right-wing nut jobs, whose ideology offends most Americans. Examples: booing soldiers for being gay, cheering the idea of letting uninsured people die, etc.

Most of the Republican field is unelectable. If they nominate one of their unelectabes, their chances of beating Obama become negligible.

The Republicans have no plan for improving the economy.

House Republicans are hell bent on proving how dangerous it is to elect Republicans, and how little they actually care about governing.

I think you are going to be in for a big surprise next November.

The only way the right can win right now is to ramp up the election cheating to huge extents.

They will get caught if they do

Setting it up so you can say they cheated, typical but waaaayyyy off base. Keep trying TM, it only makes you look more desperate. :clap2:

Scott Brown won that election largely because his opponent sucked wind. Next year there is a very good chance he will lose it. Also, it's worth pointing out that Brown is far from a right-wing Tea Party candidate; he's a moderate Republican, which is the only kind that can win statewide election in Massachusetts. In terms of policy, he and Obama aren't that far apart. He's considered a RINO by a lot of you, but if he weren't, he'd have lost no matter how badly his opponent sucked (and she did).

That said, he's probably going to lose anyway.
I agree. The GOP will run a strong conservative against Brown. The libs will run a panderer on the democrat side. The entitlement minded people of MA will ensure a democrat retakes that seat.
Brown may as well start caucusing with the democrats anyway. He's a lib.

You not win without massive cheating.

If the American people get to deside there will be no republican president next elections end
"You not win without massive cheating.".....
You not only cannot construct a sentence or use proper grammar.....
"If the American people get to deside there will be no republican president next elections end......You cannot spell either....
Oh and we've all heard that bullshit before. The very thought a democrat would lose an election brings accusations of cheating from the democrat party leadership.
Unreal. Not only do you people think you are entitled to the earnings of others, you also believe you are entitled to political office.
You Liberals are parasites. You create nothing, stand for nothing and do nothing but consume.
You are like infants. You eat ,shit, piss and cry.

Victory%20in%20the%20morning.jpg

You have no sense of humor. That was stupid, not funny. But I know you think it was sooooo clever!!! :lol:

Humor is in the eye of the Beholder. It may not be funny to you but to me it is.

I am having a blast watching all you Democrats. Try and ignore what happened in 2010, and the Safe Democrat Seats that you have lost since then in special Elections, and Obama's numbers, and the Terrible Economy, and pretend OBAMA is a lock in 2012.

Very entertaining.

What are you talking about??? Nobody does that. You are just assuming that because it's what you people do when a dumb ass Republican like GWB is in office. Don't judge others by your behavior.

Also, I don't agree with your assessment. Lastly, tell us what crummy Republican in the running has a chance of beating President Obama??? Nobody is pretending anything.

No black president had ever been elected before obama
You are a very stupid individual.....Race has nothing to do with it. Of course people like you who posses room temperature IQ's would play the race card because you have nothing else with which to work.

What??? Obama is black??? Since when?? How come no one told me?? Wow, who could have known?? I was sure his momma was white!! :eek:

I think my point was that most of the electorate isn't paying attention. A large part doesn't even pay attention during the primaries, which I think is a part of the problem.

The other part of the problem is that the Media is completely in the tank for Obama. Seriously, the Soviets would have loved to have this kind of sycophancy.

Incidently, I don't think all the gory details came out on Romney when he was the "Frontrunner". I think the media wants him to be the nominee so they can plaster him with his crazy religion, sleazy business practices and general unlikability- after he gets the nomination. I think they've tried to go after everyone else. Just like they kind of tricked us into nominating McCain in 2008 and then blungeoned the guy worse than the VietCong did.

On Perry, I think he's not quite hit his stride yet, and maybe he never will. (Times' running out, Ricky). Right now the sticking point with the Right Wing seems to be the fact he has to live with illegals and doesn't hate them as much as some in the GOP base does.

It's sad (for you guys) that your best candidate is a Mormon from Massachusetts - whose greatest achievement is a prototype for Obamacare.

It's sad (for you guys) that your best candidate is a Mormon from Massachusetts - whose greatest achievement is a prototype for Obamacare.

Romney isn't the best candidate. He is the best candidate for the Democrats on this board. Notice how many tout him. That ought to tell the conservatives that Romney doesnt need to be anywhere near the convention. OTOH see how often they diss Perry, especially over stupid stuff. They are scared of Perry. WIth good reason.

Yes yes yes...Job creation has nothing to do with the private sector.

As long as private capital isn't being invested because there's no unsatisfied demand for the products to be made, that's correct. No significant job creation will come from the private sector. How much capital the private sector has over and above what it already has won't matter, because it isn't even investing what it already has. How readily we bend over and grease our anuses to be penetrated by the rich and powerful won't matter, 'cause they'll love us and leave us anyway.

In a situation like this, the government is the only agency that not only can, but also WILL create jobs.

Unless political ideas like yours, embodying an amazing level of economic ignorance, prevail. Then nothing will and we're just barked.

All of the Western European nations are in the deepest of economic muck because their social programs mandated by government are unsustainable.

Their social programs are not unsustainable nor do they have anything to do with the problems being experienced in Europe, because the debt (which is the only thing such programs influences negatively) has nothing to do with those problems.
Outside of the WPA and CCC show examples of government policy that created jobs in the private sector.
GO!

The republicans created this tea party thing so they could win votes and divert the blame they desserved for the utter failures of their Bush team.

They lost control of it and its now dragging them arround by the nose.

They run Romeny and they will NOT be able to stop the likes of Bachman or Palin.

They lost control of their little pet puppy and now its a rotwieiler

Maybe you really are a conservative plant, here to make liberals look really, really bad. :lol::lol:

hahahahahah

you dont even know your being played

Well, I must say, it is nice to see you laugh, once in a while.
Do you suppose a "thanks" from her can be too far behind? I've noticed that her one "thanks" hasn't matured beyond the one time, which was there when I joined the forum.

Or maybe someone in a conspiratorial fashion disabled her ability to thank, when they started hiding all of the threads she created from her view (exclusively).

He's only the best candidate if you have a vivid imagination.

on PURe resumes, Perry beats Romney, and Obama, hands down.

First, Perry served in the military. Neither of them did.

Second, Perry has actually worked for a living. Again, neither of them every have had to.

And while Romney only served one term as a governor, Perry has served three.

Perry's problem is that he got in late, and hasn't learned to talk over the screaming panicked media who will villify him.

Obama's approval rating is misleading. The economy is bad. People are anxious. Any president's approval rating would be bad in this environment.

The Republicans can't run an "unnamed opponent". If they could figure a way to do this, they would, but they can't. Whichever candidate they nominate is already trailing Obama. RCP: vs. Perry + 8.2%; vs. Romney + 3%; Bachman + 14.5%.

The Republican party is dominated by right-wing nut jobs, whose ideology offends most Americans. Examples: booing soldiers for being gay, cheering the idea of letting uninsured people die, etc.

Most of the Republican field is unelectable. If they nominate one of their unelectabes, their chances of beating Obama become negligible.

The Republicans have no plan for improving the economy.

House Republicans are hell bent on proving how dangerous it is to elect Republicans, and how little they actually care about governing.

:lol:
KEEP DREAMING.
and PRETEND the November elections NEVER happened, the Gop didn't just take over solid Democrat seats in Massachusetts, New York, Michigan, etc etc..And keep pretending the Obama's approvals AREN'T sitting at 36% in LESS THAN THREE YEARS..
Like I said, KEEP DREAMING.

The reason why a republican cant win is simple. They dont have anyone good running.

President Obama 2012. God bless America and God bless President Barrack Obama.

He's only the best candidate if you have a vivid imagination.

on PURe resumes, Perry beats Romney, and Obama, hands down.

First, Perry served in the military. Neither of them did.

Second, Perry has actually worked for a living. Again, neither of them every have had to.

And while Romney only served one term as a governor, Perry has served three.

Perry's problem is that he got in late, and hasn't learned to talk over the screaming panicked media who will villify him.

So its the media's fault Perry will lose. Oh damn this is rich.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't 'how little they care about governing' precisely the reason people vote Republican in the first place? I think I'd rather have a government that didn't govern me quite so much, so that I could freely govern myself.

I swear today's lefties are like little sheep, they will follow THEIR elected Representatives off to the slaughter, NO MATTER.

And that's how we end up with thread after thread like this one. Like they are TRYING to convince themselves THEIR DEAR LEADERS are NOT heading to the slaughter. We started in November folks, lets finish it come 2012

Last edited:

Forum List

Back