Why Republicans Are Un-American

deepthunk

Justadude with a keyboard
Feb 19, 2011
Being an open minded and relatively impartial individual i do occasionally take the time to turn to fox news and listen to what american Conservatives have to say on various issues. there are (believe it or not) occasionally issues i agree with them on (its rare but it does happen). recently however i have come to fear the Conservatives steady march away from the value's this nation was founded upon, and nothing makes me more fearful than the statements they have been making toward the protesters in wisconsin. allow me to explain further.

For many years now at a steadily increasing and ever more alarming rate the fox news Conservatives have been attacking, villainies, even outright demonizing the entire Muslim world. they repeatedly use broad based stereotypes and inaccurate analogies to paint all muslims as being the violent extremists which actually make up only a small portion of the muslim population.

In the last few weeks fox news has responded to the protesters in wisconsin by repeatedly comparing them to the Muslim protesters in egypt. I feel the Conservatives are obviously trying to use the anti-muslim stigma they themselves have fueled to shame the protesters into silence, while simultaneously trying to align the public against them. I feel it's important to note that the wisconsin protesters have done nothing nearly so militant as storming a ship and throwing its cargo overboard (a protest called the boston tea party).

Despite the fact that the wisconsin protests have been almost completely non-violent, fox news has repeatedly bashed them for protesting. If the Conservatives are going to attack either the protesters in wisconsin or the protesters in egypt, they may as well be attacking the protests which helped found this nation. Frankly anyone who (even indirectly) compares the boston tea partiers to muslim extremists is an unpatriotic, un-american, traitor and that's all i have to say about that.

As a side commentary, I've noticed that those who open up a statement by claiming they are open minded and impartial rarely are. I can hope it will be different this time, but I think the evidence will be quite contrary.

Oh and out of curiosity, how does standing for the Constitution, limited government, fiscal responsibility, moral values, etc, steer away from the values this nation was founded upon?

The Wisconsin protestors have been non-violent? News to me.

As it is to the rest of the world.

I quit reading at "Being an open minded and relatively impartial person" after having read the title.

Its like when someone tells you "I'm not racist."

As a side commentary, I've noticed that those who open up a statement by claiming they are open minded and impartial rarely are. I can hope it will be different this time, but I think the evidence will be quite contrary.

Oh and out of curiosity, how does standing for the Constitution, limited government, fiscal responsibility, moral values, etc, steer away from the values this nation was founded upon?

He's a dyed in the wool MORON. We've seen a million of em.

Being an open minded and relatively impartial individual i do occasionally take the time to turn to fox news and listen to what american Conservatives have to say on various issues. there are (believe it or not) occasionally issues i agree with them on (its rare but it does happen). recently however i have come to fear the Conservatives steady march away from the value's this nation was founded upon, and nothing makes me more fearful than the statements they have been making toward the protesters in wisconsin. allow me to explain further.

For many years now at a steadily increasing and ever more alarming rate the fox news Conservatives have been attacking, villainies, even outright demonizing the entire Muslim world. they repeatedly use broad based stereotypes and inaccurate analogies to paint all muslims as being the violent extremists which actually make up only a small portion of the muslim population.

In the last few weeks fox news has responded to the protesters in wisconsin by repeatedly comparing them to the Muslim protesters in egypt. I feel the Conservatives are obviously trying to use the anti-muslim stigma they themselves have fueled to shame the protesters into silence, while simultaneously trying to align the public against them. I feel it's important to note that the wisconsin protesters have done nothing nearly so militant as storming a ship and throwing its cargo overboard (a protest called the boston tea party).

Despite the fact that the wisconsin protests have been almost completely non-violent, fox news has repeatedly bashed them for protesting. If the Conservatives are going to attack either the protesters in wisconsin or the protesters in egypt, they may as well be attacking the protests which helped found this nation. Frankly anyone who (even indirectly) compares the boston tea partiers to muslim extremists is an unpatriotic, un-american, traitor and
that's all i have to say about that.
Promise?

clearly you overlooked the fact that i was totally reasonable and logical in my analysis. I have voted for republicans in the past, although you can bet that after listening to the statements, and witnessing the actions of the G.O.P. recently that will never happen again.

Furthermore I note that you said you "think the evidence will be quite contrary". can i take it to mean then that you replied without even reading my entire post?

simple, just because someone say's a thing does not make it so. Conservatives (both republicans and tea-partiers) my say those things, but their action's reveal them to stand for things like religious and racial intolerance. Additionally the words of Fox news in response to the wisconsin protest have revealed that they oppose the right to protest (unless Conservatives are doing the protesting) and the right to free speech (unless Conservatives are speaking).

my god you really didn't read anything but the title and first sentence of my post. If you ignore everything i say and blurt out rhetoric automatically, we cannot have a discussion. for us to discuss anything you must listen to my point of view just as i am listening to yours. we don't have to agree with each other, but if we don't listen to one another we cannot discuss, we just argue.

Being an open minded and relatively impartial individual
Really goes with
:rofl:

I'm glad you think it's funny however since fox news has said those vary things about anyone who opposes Conservative objectives about a hundred thousand times i consider it perfectly fair to say it right back to them for a change.

I have defiantly noted however that Conservatives like yourself think its just fine when Bill O'Reilly say's it about liberals, but cry "unfair" when someone gives you even the smallest taste of your own medicine.

oh and by the way, i didn't just say it, i made a rational argument to prove the point. Can you make any argument at all against my statement? or is all your "laughing" just misdirection to cover the fact that you know i'm right?

Last edited:
Being an open minded and relatively impartial individual
Really goes with
:rofl:

I'm glad you think it's funny
Article 4 Section 4 of the Constitution is about as American as it gets.

What's funny is, the irony of the two quotes I did of you, juxtaposed. Clearly you're a leftist ideologue trying to disguise as a moderate. Just drop the pretense.

Despite the fact that the wisconsin protests have been almost completely non-violent, fox news has repeatedly bashed them for protesting. If the Conservatives are going to attack either the protesters in wisconsin or the protesters in egypt, they may as well be attacking the protests which helped found this nation. Frankly anyone who (even indirectly) compares the boston tea partiers to muslim extremists is an unpatriotic, un-american, traitor and that's all i have to say about that.

If you are going to post spin, at least have the intellectual honesty to link to your source.

If I had seen this I would not have answered your last post in your other thread deepchunk. I am sorry if this post is a caustic, but we have many of you.

clearly you overlooked the fact that i was totally reasonable and logical in my analysis. I have voted for republicans in the past, although you can bet that after listening to the statements, and witnessing the actions of the G.O.P. recently that will never happen again.

Furthermore I note that you said you "think the evidence will be quite contrary". can i take it to mean then that you replied without even reading my entire post?

simple, just because someone say's a thing does not make it so. Conservatives (both republicans and tea-partiers) my say those things, but their action's reveal them to stand for things like religious and racial intolerance. Additionally the words of Fox news in response to the wisconsin protest have revealed that they oppose the right to protest (unless Conservatives are doing the protesting) and the right to free speech (unless Conservatives are speaking).

my god you really didn't read anything but the title and first sentence of my post. If you ignore everything i say and blurt out rhetoric automatically, we cannot have a discussion. for us to discuss anything you must listen to my point of view just as i am listening to yours. we don't have to agree with each other, but if we don't listen to one another we cannot discuss, we just argue.

You say this nonsense and you honestly expect people to concede that you are being reasonable or logical?

People can protest all they want. What they can't do is 1) Get violent 2) Defraud the state through deceit 3) lie and get away with it.

Nor can lawmakers abrogate the responsibilities they were elected to fulfill and run away without having consequences.

But I suppose since I disagree with you, I can't possibly have read what you wrote. After all anyone who reads what you wrote must be persuaded to your point of view. Clearly no thinking person can reach an alternative conclusion or deny your assertions as blatantly false.

Forum List

Back