Why Religion?

This is America. You can either believe in religion or not believe in religion. It's all up to you. There is no incorrect answer.

But is there a correct answer? That is the question.

It depends entirely on what you choose to believe. I myself, believe in God. I have no "physical" way of to prove that there is a God and my beliefs are founded on my faith in the existance of God. Nothing more. I cannot prove that God exists any more than a non-believer can prove that He does not exist. It is quite possible that the atheist are correct in their rants about there being no God but on the other hand, it is quite possible that I am correct in my belief that there is a God. Some day, one of us is going to be proven to be wrong. One of us will be proven to be correct in our beliefs. I'd like to believe that I am on the winning side.

Agreed! Also if I am wrong about God, I lose nothing as I have had a great life. If I am right about my belief in God....even better. The premiss seems to be that by believing in God, your life is somehow unfulfilled and would be so much better if you were not a believer. There is something upsetting to the Atheist, as THEY are not being asked to believe by Christians and yet they continue to bang that drum about no God. Why does is bother them so much that they rant endlessly wherever they think they will be heard or read? IMO it is a perceived superiority complex and they want to prove Christians wrong. Well, it ain't gonna happen no matter how hard they try.

Were your parents the most terrible and unjust people for correcting you when you did wrong as you were growing up. Do you think that their the worst people in the world be cause they didn't just let you do what you wanted, and get cake and ice cream.Do you blame them for you breaking the rules they set? Why is it people wont accept responsibility for their own actions, and quit blaming God.

You're so uncomfortable with how you're living your life, that you need there to be something "after"?

I don't have a need, i just know there is an afterlife and now is the time to get ready for it while we're in this life.

Fear of the unknown, death and the fact that humans are basically pack creatures lookinig to be led are what I consider to be the main reasons for the existence of religions thru the ages.
And of course for those who wish to control others it is the perfect tool.

Regardless of how valid it is, religion can be very comforting to those who believe.

The same can be said for scientific search for solutions. Same motivating force.

Not quite.
Scientific research does not offer comfort that you or your loved ones are going to heaven.
Current science says that when you die you cease to exist on any plane of existence.

Neither does sicence say you will be punished for not acting like the religion tells you to.

Plus, science works. It's proven, as all the technology humans have gained throughout our existence is based on scientific findings, and these products work. It can lead to predictions of other things. Religion has no real world value other than for the individuals that believe. Doesn't lead to new products, doesn't answer real life questions or any practical, real world use

Fear of the unknown, death and the fact that humans are basically pack creatures lookinig to be led are what I consider to be the main reasons for the existence of religions thru the ages.
And of course for those who wish to control others it is the perfect tool.

Regardless of how valid it is, religion can be very comforting to those who believe.

The same can be said for scientific search for solutions. Same motivating force.

Seems the more Scientists know the more they find out that they don't know.

When it comes to evolution no scientist can explain how life began.

They can't explain how a complex organism like man came to be.

Some of them think man was seeded by Extra-terrestrials.

And religion doesn't do anything to find the facts either. Just makes it up with no evidence, real evidence that actually proves it.

And claiming the more they know the more they don't know, I guess is true to an extent, as they now turn to other unknown things, or one avenue of questioning leads to another. But every technological advancement shows they do know plenty. Technologies based on scientific findings which when transformed into a new technology that works, shows that the scientific finding is factual.

Religion does provide facts, and then some. Genetic science is perfectly biblical, and is evidence of the existence of God.

But if you don't want to delve into it, you'll never see it.

Religion does provide facts, and then some. Genetic science is perfectly biblical, and is evidence of the existence of God.

But if you don't want to delve into it, you'll never see it.

I don't wanna delve into it.

However, the exceptance of religion as fact isn't really necessary for the purposes of religion. It makes it EASIER to disseminate, certainly, especially when your audience is well educated, well fed, disease free, and not being shot at.

However, if you have an audiece that is ignorant, starving, diseased, and losing a war, you can tell them that if they'll believe the sky is red they'll be saved, then they'll believe the sky is red.

We believe whatever makes us FEEL better.

This is America. You can either believe in religion or not believe in religion. It's all up to you. There is no incorrect answer.

Scientology is the incorrect answer!!

Everything else is close but not perfect!!

Last edited:
What's wrong with embracing the reality of heaven, and living your life with the understanding that the more upstanding you are in this life, the better the afterlife will be?
parade.jpg

Embracing the Reality of Heaven

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back