Why Racial Difference Scares People

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody is objecting to the fact that blacks are in commercials. The problem is that the majority of commercials have black or bi-racial actors and couples when they they are a slim majority of the population. They are being ridiculously overrepresented.
You are whining about blacks being in commercial run on white owned stations/networks for white owned companies. This is childish. Whites were overrepresented for years and if you really look at TV, they are now. But you want to whine.

In a day and age where you can hardly see a TV commercial WITHOUT a mixed race family or POC prominently pushed forward -- the idea that POC wake up depressed about their genes or "inherited differences" is stupid anyways. If ANYTHING genes and inherited (or assumed by self-declaration) differences ARE a big plus.

If you wont listen to the ACTUAL source of racist contemporary and know what they are thinking and pushing -- you're liable to develop a sense that any white male Republican is a racist and OVER-USE that term into oblivion. LOL...
The post you are responding to was written 15 years ago.

Much has changed in that time.

Nobody is objecting to the fact that blacks are in commercials. The problem is that the majority of commercials have black or bi-racial actors and couples when they they are a slim majority of the population. They are being ridiculously overrepresented.
Oh how horrible!

Nobody is trying to resegregate anything. That's more right wing stupidspeak.

Blacks are the group who watches the most TV. I've posted that information several times. Therefore when a company is selling a product on TV, blacks are going to be in commercials. I don't see 12 channels dedicated to black programming on my TV. So you need to start naming these channels instead of that "woe is me I'm white and blacks are being catered to" argument.

Well you wouldn't name the White TV channels -- and I KNEW that would happen, but you should never call my hand -- because I dont bluff.

Comcast channels on my TV catering exclusively or almost exclusively to Black Content.

1116 Grio -- Includes about 4 to 6 hours a day of Black News Channel programming.
1175 Bounce -- All Black movies.
1464 OWN -- Oprah's channel -- almost all exclusively Black entertainment and culture.
1623 Afro -- Name says it all
1624 Cleo
1625 BET -- you guess what that stands for
1626 ONE
1627 Aspire
1628 Bet Her -- for Black women
1629 Africa
1630 BET Soul
1633 BET Jam
1637 Revolt

AND WAIT !!! There's more systemic racism on cable. Comcast also recently launched a VIRTUAL channel that connects to Web streaming and broadcast that accesses MORE EXCLUSIVELY BLACK content called "The Black Experience". You'd LOVE this since it includes documentaries, specials and academic material on Black History. Also COLLATES the Black entertainment (all black movies, concerts, etc) from Netflix, Hulu, and a dozen other streaming sources.

1622 -- The Black Experience channel. A virtual guide to Black life, culture, sports, news and entertainment on the ENTIRE World Wide Web.

I lied -- I said a dozen. IT's actually 14. And a regularly sample many of these. Trying to build up my claim to become a black lesbian.

So to bring this BACK to my original comment about Black people waking up depressed over their genes ---

In a day and age where you can hardly see a TV commercial WITHOUT a mixed race family or POC prominently pushed forward -- the idea that POC wake up depressed about their genes or "inherited differences" is stupid anyways. If ANYTHING genes and inherited (or assumed by self-declaration) differences ARE a big plus.

You and I should join forces to get EVEN ONE "Red-Skinned" TV channel on the cable line-up. Or to get more than ONE (2 if you count Israeli TV on I-24 news) for Jewish people.

You won. You're FREE. Spend the extra $15 a month and appreciate the OVER-REPRESENTATION on the public airwaves. If you had the Black channels that I have -- maybe you'd even spend LESS time in the USMB Race forum.. :hyper:

All those ads showing brown skinned people.I don’t know how you tolerate it. Perhaps you should write some more nasty letters about how this is going to damage their business Image.

Trust me sister -- NOBODY REALLY CARES. It just destroys the narrative about "systemic racism" and under-representation tho... Because it's MASSIVELY out of proportion. And THAT'S the point.

All those ads showing brown skinned people.I don’t know how you tolerate it. Perhaps you should write some more nasty letters about how this is going to damage their business Image.
You must be quite the ignoramus or you would know that these business tactics are resulting in plummeting revenue; most Blacks don't like it.

Well you wouldn't name the White TV channels -- and I KNEW that would happen, but you should never call my hand -- because I dont bluff.

Comcast channels on my TV catering exclusively or almost exclusively to Black Content.

1116 Grio -- Includes about 4 to 6 hours a day of Black News Channel programming.
1175 Bounce -- All Black movies.
1464 OWN -- Oprah's channel -- almost all exclusively Black entertainment and culture.
1623 Afro -- Name says it all
1624 Cleo
1625 BET -- you guess what that stands for
1626 ONE
1627 Aspire
1628 Bet Her -- for Black women
1629 Africa
1630 BET Soul
1633 BET Jam
1637 Revolt

AND WAIT !!! There's more systemic racism on cable. Comcast also recently launched a VIRTUAL channel that connects to Web streaming and broadcast that accesses MORE EXCLUSIVELY BLACK content called "The Black Experience". You'd LOVE this since it includes documentaries, specials and academic material on Black History. Also COLLATES the Black entertainment (all black movies, concerts, etc) from Netflix, Hulu, and a dozen other streaming sources.

1622 -- The Black Experience channel. A virtual guide to Black life, culture, sports, news and entertainment on the ENTIRE World Wide Web.

I lied -- I said a dozen. IT's actually 14. And a regularly sample many of these. Trying to build up my claim to become a black lesbian.

So to bring this BACK to my original comment about Black people waking up depressed over their genes ---

You and I should join forces to get EVEN ONE "Red-Skinned" TV channel on the cable line-up. Or to get more than ONE (2 if you count Israeli TV on I-24 news) for Jewish people.

You won. You're FREE. Spend the extra $15 a month and appreciate the OVER-REPRESENTATION on the public airwaves. If you had the Black channels that I have -- maybe you'd even spend LESS time in the USMB Race forum.. :hyper:
Yes, I agree. The attention and focus given to ONE slim majority while ignoring others is racist in and of itself. Yet if anyone points this out, they are the ones called racist.

Trust me sister -- NOBODY REALLY CARES. It just destroys the narrative about "systemic racism" and under-representation tho... Because it's MASSIVELY out of proportion. And THAT'S the point.
The other bit of silliness is that it’s a market driven thing…if enough people didn’t like their multicolored ads, they wouldn’t run them. But….hey…being offended is as American as twinkies these days.

It’s pretty stupid for a business to advertise that it cares primarily about 14% of the population.
How dare they show too many images of black people! By the way, did you know Asians are also overrepresented? Doesn’t that appall you?

I want Amazon to advertise Hasidic clothing.
Can you imagine if every other commercial had an Orthodox Jew in it? Or if you walked past 10 stores in a row - a shoe store, a cosmetics store, a furniture store, an optician’s retail space, a vitamins store, a big department store, a hair salon, a sporting goods store, a small clothing shop, and a fancy soaps store - and every single window had a poster of an Orthodox Jew, and nobody else?!

Yes, I agree. The attention and focus given to ONE slim majority while ignoring others is racist in and of itself. Yet if anyone points this out, they are the ones called racist.

I dont NEED White channels. I'm cool with FULLY INTEGRATED and INCLUSIVE channels. SO -- besides screwing the Native Americans YET AGAIN -- and short-stacking the Asians -- I dont MIND ignoring some others like White Jewish males who are contemplating a career as a Black lesbian.

We should lobby to give the Indians and Asians more media representation. Our job fixing Black depression because of their genes is now -- MISSION ACCOMPLISHED !!!!

:twirl:

I dont NEED White channels. I'm cool with FULLY INTEGRATED and INCLUSIVE channels. SO -- besides screwing the Native Americans YET AGAIN -- and short-stacking the Asians -- I dont MIND ignoring some others like White Jewish males who are contemplating a career as a Black lesbian.

We should lobby to give the Indians and Asians more media representation. Our job fixing Black depression because of their genes is now -- MISSION ACCOMPLISHED !!!!

Why don't you invest your money in these companies that are losing money?

Second time you said that dude…..you need to provide some photos of your alternate career for veracity. Just post them in this thread … we’ll keep them confidential :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back