Why Racial Difference Scares People

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by William Joyce, Dec 25, 2007.

1. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    Interesting.

http://www.theoccidentalobserver.com/authors/Donovan-Inherited.html#Donovan-bookmark

Few are made happy by the idea that anything but pure free will determines our earthly destinies. With limited exceptions, the Western world since the Enlightenment has cultivated the idea that anyone can be anything. Rousseau’s blank slate is an example.

We nurse a chipper confidence that all boys — and girls — could grow up to be president. (We seem not to notice that in the United States, it helps if your father — and maybe soon, your husband – was president.) It is comforting to think that all of us — no matter who our parents were or where we were born — have a perfectly equal shot at success, in any field. We’re all just smiling, spinning Mary Tyler Moores, knowing we might just make it after all. What sexist pig would deny Mary her tryout for offensive tackle with the Vikings?

The idea of inherited differences — individual and group — kills that buzz. The thought that genetics might play any part in the unfolding of our life path can be profoundly depressing. If our achievements are ultimately limited by those little biochemical software programs known as genes, why bother getting out of bed?

2. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,432
    Anti-semitic, white supremacist sites are rarely interesting...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  3. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Based solely on what is posted in his statement, what is anti-semitic or white supremist about it?

4. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,973
    It is a stepping stone argument used to then claim whites are superior. Taken solely alone one can still see the place it intends to go, in this case since a white supremist group is using it, they intend it to lead to THEIR conclusion. If it were some other hate group it would still apply.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Taken alone, I think it is a valid argument, and does not necessarily lead to supremacy. I think the everyone is equal regardless gender, race or whatever argument is subjective, and used blankly just pushes a PC agenda that ignores reality.

People are different and some of it is because of race, gender, inherited genes ... whatever ... different on its own does not necessarily mean one is better than the other.

I'm sure in this case, you are correct, knowing WJ's agenda. Why I specifically mentioned only what was posted. Seems like a better argument.:lol:

6. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,432
    The site ...

7. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,432
    But you can't take it alone. You HAVE to take it in the context of who is saying it and why. The site is basically a watchdog site for "Euros" or Occidentals. It's entire purpose is to advance a white agenda. That makes both it's veracity and motives questionable.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    I know and we've discussed this before. My opinion has not changed as obviously, neither has yours. I don't believe in dismissing everything out of hand. I dismiss the part that's crap.

9. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Sure I can take it alone. If I take that quote, and remove the link, and place it in general discussion, is it antisemitic, racist or supremist?

10. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    Is it irony day or something? A zionist enabler crying fould over a WHITE agenda? While I am a greater fan of the pluralism i nour own politics I have to ask: why is it taboo for whites to practice the exact same concern for their own as to the NAACP AND the entire zionist machine?

• Agree Agree x 1