Why Progressives always call it "Reform"

Other than Cao, none of course. Although if you're concerned about the individual mandate Lamar Alexander, Bob Bennett, Mike Crapo, and Linsdey Graham are still signed on as co-sponsors of Wyden-Bennett in the Senate.

Whole different era, much like the American support Hitler enjoyed before the Death Camps.
Oh, and lest we forget that the progressive Fabians of that day were practically throwing rose petals at Mussolini's feet as well.

414-141HitlerTime.jpg

I admire the skill with which Progressives have undermined and fundamentally altered American society and civilization. They are patient, they are cunning and they are absolutely ruthless.

One of the marvelous ways they've Body Snatched our civilization is by couching their fundamental changes as "reforms"

Health Care Reform now means real live genuine Eugenicists and a President who has stated he is "God's partner in matter of live and death" now have control of the health care system.

The idea of selling a fundamental rewrite as "Reform" is not new. One reason the Progressive have been so successful is that they have sabotaged the educational system.

Machiavelli's "The Prince" and "Discourses" was required reading at one point and most, if not all of our Founders knew the work.

I went through NYC public education and then Queens College then Manhattan College. But for a 7th Grade class that studied Dante and read "The Inferno" (the last line of Chapter XXI where Dante and Virgil receive a signal they can pass when the Guardian "Makes a trumpet of his ass" had us in hysterics for weeks and gave us a love of the classics) I never picked up The Prince.

I did now and I HIGHLY recommend you do the same!

CHAPTER XXV

That he who would reform the Institutions of a free State, must retain at least the semblance of old Ways.

WHOEVER TAKES UPON HIM to reform the government of a city, must, if his measures are to be well received and carried out with general approval, preserve at least the semblance of existing methods, so as not to appear to the people to have made any change in the old order of things; although, in truth, the new ordinances differ altogether from those which they replace. For when this is attended to, the mass of mankind accept what seems as what is; nay, are often touched more nearly by appearances than by realities.

http://www2.hn.psu.edu/faculty/jmanis/machiavelli/Machiavelli-Discourses-Titus-Livius.pdf

Sounds familiar?

A couple of things.

Reform is when you take something and change it from what it was. Nothing more, nothing less.

The president didnt say HE was Gods partner, he said WE were.

Whole different era, much like the American support Hitler enjoyed before the Death Camps.
Oh, and lest we forget that the progressive Fabians of that day were practically throwing rose petals at Mussolini's feet as well.

414-141HitlerTime.jpg
Oh but that was because he was 'controversial' at the time... he was influencing the entire world... not because we leftists admiiiiiiiiired and woooooorrrrrrrshipped him.

:rolleyes:

414-141HitlerTime.jpg

Didn't take long for you to move on to your Hitler imagery did it Frankie?

Really makes your side look like they know what they are talking about.

Keep up the good work

I admire the skill with which Progressives have undermined and fundamentally altered American society and civilization. They are patient, they are cunning and they are absolutely ruthless.

One of the marvelous ways they've Body Snatched our civilization is by couching their fundamental changes as "reforms"

Health Care Reform now means real live genuine Eugenicists and a President who has stated he is "God's partner in matter of live and death" now have control of the health care system.

The idea of selling a fundamental rewrite as "Reform" is not new. One reason the Progressive have been so successful is that they have sabotaged the educational system.

Machiavelli's "The Prince" and "Discourses" was required reading at one point and most, if not all of our Founders knew the work.

I went through NYC public education and then Queens College then Manhattan College. But for a 7th Grade class that studied Dante and read "The Inferno" (the last line of Chapter XXI where Dante and Virgil receive a signal they can pass when the Guardian "Makes a trumpet of his ass" had us in hysterics for weeks and gave us a love of the classics) I never picked up The Prince.

CHAPTER XXV

That he who would reform the Institutions of a free State, must retain at least the semblance of old Ways.

WHOEVER TAKES UPON HIM to reform the government of a city, must, if his measures are to be well received and carried out with general approval, preserve at least the semblance of existing methods, so as not to appear to the people to have made any change in the old order of things; although, in truth, the new ordinances differ altogether from those which they replace. For when this is attended to, the mass of mankind accept what seems as what is; nay, are often touched more nearly by appearances than by realities.

http://www2.hn.psu.edu/faculty/jmanis/machiavelli/Machiavelli-Discourses-Titus-Livius.pdf

Sounds familiar?

A couple of things.

Reform is when you take something and change it from what it was. Nothing more, nothing less.

The president didnt say HE was Gods partner, he said WE were.

Did you bother to read the rest of Machiavelli XXV or did you just reflexively go for the Obama knee pads?

Yeah, Obama meant the royal we, right, how else to explain his statement in front of a group of rabbis. Obama and the rabbis are Gods Partners in matters of life and death, OK

Are you Liberal Intellectual Elite?

CHAPTER XXV

Sounds familiar?

Can't you people get your message straight?
You say, "President who has stated he is "God's partner in matter of live and death".
The Republican Base calls it, "Death Panels", except when Sarah Palin called it, "End of life counseling", and proclaimed April 16th 2008, “Healthcare Decisions Day.” Then later, she called it "euthanasia". So which is it? Which time was Sarah right? When she promoted "end of life counseling" or when she called it "euthanasia"?

I don't know about you, but I can't see me hooked up to tubes and machines while I just lay there comatose. I WANT the opportunity to make my own decision.

Uhh, unless Republicans feel it's better left up to the government?

Other than Cao, none of course. Although if you're concerned about the individual mandate Lamar Alexander, Bob Bennett, Mike Crapo, and Linsdey Graham are still signed on as co-sponsors of Wyden-Bennett in the Senate.

Pretty the only ones ready to fight Hitler and Mussolini from the start?

The Communists.

414-141HitlerTime.jpg

Didn't take long for you to move on to your Hitler imagery did it Frankie?

Really makes your side look like they know what they are talking about.

Keep up the good work
Do you really need someone to dig up quotes from prominent progressives of the day who were all atwitter over Mussolini?

Amazing...You pinkos can't even take ownership of that which you steal.

:eusa_eh:

They did. They coopted it.

Repubs vote against their own bills now so they can say they voted against the ****** president.

That would explain losing the Kennedy seat.

Are you Liberal Intellectual Elite?

:eusa_eh:

I'm not a Liberal. I'm a (moderate or 'Right') social democrat more than anything else. To keep it simple for you, you can call me a Leftist.

I'm on record here on USMB as condemning Liberalism on multiple occasions.

I'm not a Liberal. Thanks for playing, but you fail it.

The Communists.

The Communists supported Hitler when he had a pact with Stalin and invaded Poland while Stalin invaded Finland.

Once Barbarosa started...they changed their minds

The Communists.
Still don't get the fact that the reasons the communists fought Mussolini and Hitler was because they were not going to be included in the power structure and didn't agree with how total government control should be achieved. The end results would be the same, but they quibbled over means to an end.

And well fascists share SO well with others when it comes to power. :rolleyes:

Functionally same same. Just the methodology differs.

The Communists.
Still don't get the fact that the reasons the communists fought Mussolini and Hitler was because they were not going to be included in the power structure and didn't agree with how total government control should be achieved. The end results would be the same, but they quibbled over means to an end.

The Communists.

The Communists supported Hitler when he had a pact with Stalin and invaded Poland while Stalin invaded Finland.

Once Barbarosa started...they changed their minds

They never really supported him. They were never allies before the pact (Arthur Koestler spoke of how the Communists planned to seize on a police raid upon the SA offices as an opportunity to launch a campaign to get rid of the NAZIS forever) and they were only tentative allies after the treaty was signed.

The Communists really had only one ally they trusted- the Kremlin.

The Communists.

Agreed. Same destination...different roadmap.

If Obama's "reform" was something people really wanted, then he wouldn't feel compelled to do a recess appointment of Berwick in order to avoid the scrutiny of a Congressional hearing.

Just sayin'.

Is there a difference between President Obama's recess appointments and say... President Bush's recess appointments?

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL33310.pdf

Immie
Bush is White an Republican. Ergo, he loves America.

Obama is a ****** kenyan hoodlum from the Chicago backstreets- or whatever they're calling him now

Right.

The principal "difference" being that Willy Messerschmitt got to put his name on the shingle in front of his airplane factories and Mikoyan & Gurevich didn't.

For all that's worth.

The only thing the right usually adds to wars is "cannon fodder". The weapons are invented by scientists and engineers. To be a scientist or engineer means more than just a 6th grade education.

Forum List

Back