Why Progressives always call it "Reform"

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
I admire the skill with which Progressives have undermined and fundamentally altered American society and civilization. They are patient, they are cunning and they are absolutely ruthless.

One of the marvelous ways they've Body Snatched our civilization is by couching their fundamental changes as "reforms"

Health Care Reform now means real live genuine Eugenicists and a President who has stated he is "God's partner in matter of live and death" now have control of the health care system.

The idea of selling a fundamental rewrite as "Reform" is not new. One reason the Progressive have been so successful is that they have sabotaged the educational system.

Machiavelli's "The Prince" and "Discourses" was required reading at one point and most, if not all of our Founders knew the work.

I went through NYC public education and then Queens College then Manhattan College. But for a 7th Grade class that studied Dante and read "The Inferno" (the last line of Chapter XXI where Dante and Virgil receive a signal they can pass when the Guardian "Makes a trumpet of his ass" had us in hysterics for weeks and gave us a love of the classics) I never picked up The Prince.

I did now and I HIGHLY recommend you do the same!

CHAPTER XXV

That he who would reform the Institutions of a free State, must retain at least the semblance of old Ways.

WHOEVER TAKES UPON HIM to reform the government of a city, must, if his measures are to be well received and carried out with general approval, preserve at least the semblance of existing methods, so as not to appear to the people to have made any change in the old order of things; although, in truth, the new ordinances differ altogether from those which they replace. For when this is attended to, the mass of mankind accept what seems as what is; nay, are often touched more nearly by appearances than by realities.

http://www2.hn.psu.edu/faculty/jmanis/machiavelli/Machiavelli-Discourses-Titus-Livius.pdf

Sounds familiar?

Last edited:
Jillian, go dial up the Liberal Intellectual Elite Hotline and see if you can get one of them to come to your aid.

Jillian, go dial up the Liberal Intellectual Elite Hotline and see if you can get one of them to come to your aid.

There is nothig to aid because there is nothing there. There is only Jillian reading your post and saying "damn, that just CAN"T be true. It CANT!" And then responding the only way she knows: Personal insults, which she simply recycles from one user to another.

On the topic, even the name Progressive is devious. WHo can be against "progress"? It is a change from their old name of Liberal because that fell into disrepute.
Obama and his clique have torn the kishkas out of this country. It is up to the American voter to take it back, starting in November.

I cannot think of a single leader who ever attained power by saying to the masses...

Hey! I'm gonna fuck you and your country up!

The problem with granting people power is that those who truly WANT it, are probably the people who least deserve to have it.​

Good kings are as rare as chickenlips.​

Maybe because it is reform

Taking the backward, punitive policies of the Conservatives and transforming it into a modern agenda ....is reform

Last edited:
I admire the skill with which Progressives have undermined and fundamentally altered American society and civilization. They are patient, they are cunning and they are absolutely ruthless.

One of the marvelous ways they've Body Snatched our civilization is by couching their fundamental changes as "reforms"

Health Care Reform now means real live genuine Eugenicists and a President who has stated he is "God's partner in matter of live and death" now have control of the health care system.

The idea of selling a fundamental rewrite as "Reform" is not new. One reason the Progressive have been so successful is that they have sabotaged the educational system.

Machiavelli's "The Prince" and "Discourses" was required reading at one point and most, if not all of our Founders knew the work.

I went through NYC public education and then Queens College then Manhattan College. But for a 7th Grade class that studied Dante and read "The Inferno" (the last line of Chapter XXI where Dante and Virgil receive a signal they can pass when the Guardian "Makes a trumpet of his ass" had us in hysterics for weeks and gave us a love of the classics) I never picked up The Prince.

I did now and I HIGHLY recommend you do the same!

CHAPTER XXV

That he who would reform the Institutions of a free State, must retain at least the semblance of old Ways.

WHOEVER TAKES UPON HIM to reform the government of a city, must, if his measures are to be well received and carried out with general approval, preserve at least the semblance of existing methods, so as not to appear to the people to have made any change in the old order of things; although, in truth, the new ordinances differ altogether from those which they replace. For when this is attended to, the mass of mankind accept what seems as what is; nay, are often touched more nearly by appearances than by realities.

http://www2.hn.psu.edu/faculty/jmanis/machiavelli/Machiavelli-Discourses-Titus-Livius.pdf

Sounds familiar?

Reform can be substituted with the word control.

Health Care Reform now means real live genuine Eugenicists

You must have a rich inner life.

Taking the backward, punative policies of the Conservatives and transforming it into a modern agenda ....is reform
You mean punitive policies like taxing anyone who doesn't buy mandatory health insurance?

The idea does trace its roots to conservatives in the late '80s/early '90s.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that Ezekiel Emanuel ideas on health care come right from the Josef Megele School of Medicine

If Obama's "reform" was something people really wanted, then he wouldn't feel compelled to do a recess appointment of Berwick in order to avoid the scrutiny of a Congressional hearing.

Just sayin'.

poor insane frank..

is this feminist bulldog not the master of the one sentence post??!!!!!!!!!:clap2:

Great thread Crusader.............

Whats unfortunate in our society is that we have tens of millions of half-wits who are absorbed in sh!t like whether Lebron James is going to New York or Miami or how long Lindsay Lohan is goping to jail for. Progressives feast on there societal losers and always go for the semantic distraction crap hook line and stinker. And progressive politicians know it too. They know they can get up there and say just about anything because the hopelessly duped never check out the facts. They prey on Mr and Mrs Stupid who live in Bumfook USA and sign up for all the populist, good intentions BS the progressives can dish out. Many dont even realize that when politicians say "governement", it means the people are paying for it. The clueless think "the government" is some entity with lots of $$ looking out for them. Lets face it........if Democrats didnt have these dolts in such numbers, they'd stand the chance of getting elected that a snowball does in the Arizona desert.

All the legions of stupids on Healthcare? They have no clue that signing on to that sticks a fork in the quality of healthcare in our country. They have no clue that it spells the end of drug innovation in our country. They have no clue that in 15 years, the government may well deny care for their elderly parent because they are deemed a drain on societal resources!!! That the doctor to patient ration is going to go to the sh!tter with all its residual effects.

The dumbing down of America was a brilliant strategy as applied by American Progressives.........a no-brainer way to cement their power, or course, at the expense of the clueless who made it possible.:lol:

Last edited:
If Obama's "reform" was something people really wanted, then he wouldn't feel compelled to do a recess appointment of Berwick in order to avoid the scrutiny of a Congressional hearing.

Just sayin'.

Or keep the Kennedy seat

Forum List

Back