Why "privatizing" our Post Office would be a mistake:

FedEx doesn't always make their delivery date... same with UPS. I know from experience as I've had countless packages delivered to me. But that's okay, because they mostly get it right.

Same thing with the USPS.

You're blowing hot gas out your ass. Like every parasite on the government payroll I've ever known, you'll defend a government agency to the hilt. Flat out lying is par for the course.

FedEx doesn't always make their delivery date... same with UPS. I know from experience as I've had countless packages delivered to me. But that's okay, because they mostly get it right.

You're blowing hot gas out your ass. Like every parasite on the government payroll I've ever known, you'll defend a government agency to the hilt. Flat out lying is par for the course.

Government payroll? What are you talking about, child?

Wow, you really hate government. Yet, you like them waging war, right?

Privatize the USPS?

whomever got it would love to raid the best funded govt pension fund in existence and then let the US Pensuin Guarantee fund take over the liability after the privatized USPS is driven into the ground.

Cowman. I did not know you were a politician?

Esp a career politician like Newt.

I'm talking about you and the rest of the drones in here. The odds are that you are sucking on the government tit. My experience is that most of them are. Or they are pathetic losers.

Last edited:

Wow, you really hate government. Yet, you like them waging war, right?

Would you rather have the League of Women Voters fight our wars for us?

The dirty little secret is that the USPO directly impacts the lives of common Americans so the USPS is under unfair scrutiny by the public when it comes up short of simple expectations of mailing a letter. Putting a sticky Disney character on the corner of an envelope at half a buck a pop with no guarantee of delivery is one thing but what do you do when another incompetent branch of the federal government posts a notice on your door that you failed to contribute to federally mandated health care? You might not to mail a letter but you could be imprisoned or killed if you refuse to comply with the other federal agency that "doesn't want to be privatized".

Prices in Euros

List_price_%28EUR%29_for_a_standard_%281st_class%29_letter_weighing_less_than_20_g_%28universal_service%29_for_domestic_services_2004_2007.PNG

While I don't like defending government monopolies, as government monopolies go the USPS is one of the best. Given their legal obligations which are pretty onerous in comparison to other post offices and the quality of their delivery the USPS is pretty much the best at what it does.

Germany charges nearly a dollar. Denmark is nearly $1.25 Italy is about .90 About the only bargain is Czeck republic, about 25 cents. But how big a deal is it to carry a letter from one side of Prague to the other?

Miami to pt Barrow in two days or less. for .44. Darn good deal. And customer service at US government monopolies is so much better than you will find any where else.

Postal rates...

It does not need to be Privatized, But the Postal Workers union has to wake up to Reality. The USPS is currently employing about 3 Times as many people as is needed. Volume is way down, We should be able to down size. That's the Problem with Government doing shit. We have Thousands of Postal Workers still on a Payroll Not because they are needed, but because nobody wants to tell them they are not needed.

they have way to many middle managers......there is a shortage of carriers and clerks.....the people who actually have do get the stuff delivered.......

The post office is better and cheaper than Fed Ex or UPS.

Just like credit unions are better and cheaper than banks.

Better and cheaper?

I know you are a partisan hack, but that does not mean you are insane. If the post office is actually better and cheaper wouldn't it have more business than FedEx or UPS?

who makes more money?......and who delivers to around 150 million addresses daily?.....:eusa_eh:

Cheaper in what way? Our tax money isnt subsizing Fed Ex or UPS. If you include the tax money involved, im willing to bet that Fed Ex and UPS are significantly cheaper.

Cheaper in what way? Our tax money isnt subsizing Fed Ex or UPS. If you include the tax money involved, im willing to bet that Fed Ex and UPS are significantly cheaper.

Good point. And if the post office ceased to exist, Fed Ex and UPS would start services for mailing simple letters.

Tax payers foot the bill for the post office, salaries, supplies, etc.

Good point. And if the post office ceased to exist, Fed Ex and UPS would start services for mailing simple letters.

prove this.....

prove this.....

They were just bailed out a few years ago. Does that count?

The dirty little secret is that the USPO directly impacts the lives of common Americans so the USPS is under unfair scrutiny by the public when it comes up short of simple expectations of mailing a letter. Putting a sticky Disney character on the corner of an envelope at half a buck a pop with no guarantee of delivery is one thing but what do you do when another incompetent branch of the federal government posts a notice on your door that you failed to contribute to federally mandated health care? You might not to mail a letter but you could be imprisoned or killed if you refuse to comply with the other federal agency that "doesn't want to be privatized".

Wait... did you just claim that you might be "killed" by the government if you don't buy health insurance?

Seriously?

No, they don't.

The USPS would be completely self-sufficient if they weren't required by law to pre-fund 75 years of health benefits for their retirees - a law that applies ONLY to the Post Office.

It does have more business. The post office ships over half a billion packages daily... whereas fedex and ups ship 3 million and 1 million thereabouts respectively.

When you get down into the logistics of handling over 600 million packages per day, you can see that the volume far outdwarfs that of fedex and ups.

a Half a Billion Daily!!.....do you realize how many parcels that is?....:lol:....we dont deliver more parcels than UPS.....sorry to disappoint you Cow....

Forum List

Back