Why "privatizing" our Post Office would be a mistake:

The post office is better and cheaper than Fed Ex or UPS.

Just like credit unions are better and cheaper than banks.

I don't think the venerable USPO should be privatized. Just look at Kevin Costner's movie "the postman" for inspiration. The Post Office is an icon and a symbol of what made America great. What needs to be done is ...gasp...streamline the bloated bureaucracy. Stop delivering mail on Saturday if that's what it takes. I got a Christmas card from a friend who lives about 12 miles away and it was postmarked about 100 miles in the other direction. Sooner or later the smart people in the private sector will do it better than the zombies who don't care about spending the taxpayers money and I think it's sad to let that happen.

I don't think the venerable USPO should be privatized. Just look at Kevin Costner's movie "the postman" for inspiration. The Post Office is an icon and a symbol of what made America great. What needs to be done is ...gasp...streamline the bloated bureaucracy. Stop delivering mail on Saturday if that's what it takes. I got a Christmas card from a friend who lives about 12 miles away and it was postmarked about 100 miles in the other direction. Sooner or later the smart people in the private sector will do it better than the zombies who don't care about spending the taxpayers money and I think it's sad to let that happen.

What needs to be done is to increase postal rates.

44 cents to pick up a letter at my house and take it to California?

Try asking UPS or Fed Ex to do that!

Get rid of the postal worker's union. Keep the postal service. Raise the price of a stamp to $1....or $2....or $3! Fire people that don't perform!

I agree with you on this. .44 cents is ridiculously cheap. On the other hand, I send out maybe 10 letters a year thanks to email so in the long run it won't have much of an effect.

its how the machine read your mail...... that address a 100 miles the other way is what barcode was printed on the letter.....and so off it went......its called technology.....i have had letters missent to my route that were mailed in Miami Florida going to an address in Miami Florida......by way of Anaheim Ca........

They aren't allowed to do it by law, you fucking dumbass.

Of course they are. I ship letters via fed ex frequently for work.

The cheapest rate for a fed ex envelope weighing .25 lbs, cross country (5-day) is $8.66.

The post office is better and cheaper than Fed Ex or UPS.

Just like credit unions are better and cheaper than banks.
Bull-SHIT!

I just got tagged with a late fee because it took the postal "service" (I've been served quite enough, thankyouverymuch) took TEN FUCKING DAYS to get last month's MC payment delivered....Fortunately, my credit and payment histories are spotless and the charge was reversed.

First class mail my ass.

It does not need to be Privatized, But the Postal Workers union has to wake up to Reality. The USPS is currently employing about 3 Times as many people as is needed. Volume is way down, We should be able to down size. That's the Problem with Government doing shit. We have Thousands of Postal Workers still on a Payroll Not because they are needed, but because nobody wants to tell them they are not needed.

The cheapest rate for a fed ex envelope weighing .25 lbs, cross country (5-day) is $8.66.
No, private companies are prohibited from offering first class (i.e. letter) mail service.

Lysander Spooner tried and was shut down by the feds.

American Letter Mail Company - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

Fed Ex and UPS are not allowed to Touch your Mail Box, By law they could not deliver ordinary mail unless it is Hand Delivered. Hence the Higher costs.

Forum List

Back