Why, precisely, is gay marriage a bad thing?

Then maybe you can be the first to explain the reasonable opposition to marriage equality. Please provide the reasonable person standard you will use to oppose civil marriage equality. What is the societal harm in allowing non familial consenting adult couples the legal protections of civil marriage?

Go!

I've already posted it in several other threads started by the people obsessed with this craze: marriage, as a union between a man and a woman, is an essential foundation stone of human society (as can be observed throughout history and throughout the world). To turn this into something else because of a sudden politically correct fad is stupid, short-sighted and immoral.

And this is NOT about "marriage equality". The argument that this is somehow a "discrimination" has been rebutted several times in many threads.

Except it isn't. I have a license issued by the state of California that says I'm married. I've got friends that, while not legally married, got married in a church.

Legal civil marriage and religious marriage are two different entities. We already have equal access to religious marriage, but are fighting for legal, civil marriage. What reasonable person standard to you use to prohibit gays and lesbians from legal, civil marriage?

Your "tradition" line doesn't cut it and won't stand up in court. See, folks tried that when they passed laws preventing blacks from marrying whites. It failed then and will fail now.

It is completely about marriage equality and it most certainly IS discrimination. Those that claim it isn't have been shot down in their "arguments" repeatedly...and not just here, but in a court of law (where it matters).

Marriage equality will be a reality in the not too distant future. You can't stop it.

Maybe this will also fall victim to the blind desire to destroy society in the name of political correct fads. Not so sure how it will end.

But your arguments are false. And no real church will perform a gay marriage.

I've already posted it in several other threads started by the people obsessed with this craze: marriage, as a union between a man and a woman, is an essential foundation stone of human society (as can be observed throughout history and throughout the world). To turn this into something else because of a sudden politically correct fad is stupid, short-sighted and immoral.

And this is NOT about "marriage equality". The argument that this is somehow a "discrimination" has been rebutted several times in many threads.

Except it isn't. I have a license issued by the state of California that says I'm married.

Marriage was around before the state of California.

And it will be around long after the state of California is but a distant memory.

Families; man + woman = children.

Is the backbone of all cultures and societies throughout history.

Homosexuality insidiously breaks down this biologically normal paradigm.

And historically has been instrumental in the internal decay and destruction of any nation state where it has been allowed to thrive unchecked and decriminalized.

Funny but you are hinting at the entire reason gay people were set upon by society in the first place.

reproduction and the need for more workers.

see gay people have a harder time producing children for the next crop of labor.

The world now has too many people.

We are not in such a rush for the next crop of workers.

We as a society dont have to FORCE gay people to fake being straight so they will have to get married and produce children for the next crop of workers.

You religious types often dont even understand why the religious leaders of your little clubs ordered you to hate or love something.

Its time to stop using the edicts the your little clubs ordered you to perform 2000 years ago.

You see the conditions have changed and ever your 2000 year old leaders of the club would today be giving you DIFFERENT edicts to follow.

Religion was not designed to be smart it was designed to be orderly and keep YOU in line.

Lets try being smart for the next 2000 years and see what happens

Except it isn't. I have a license issued by the state of California that says I'm married. I've got friends that, while not legally married, got married in a church.

Legal civil marriage and religious marriage are two different entities. We already have equal access to religious marriage, but are fighting for legal, civil marriage. What reasonable person standard to you use to prohibit gays and lesbians from legal, civil marriage?

Your "tradition" line doesn't cut it and won't stand up in court. See, folks tried that when they passed laws preventing blacks from marrying whites. It failed then and will fail now.

It is completely about marriage equality and it most certainly IS discrimination. Those that claim it isn't have been shot down in their "arguments" repeatedly...and not just here, but in a court of law (where it matters).

Marriage equality will be a reality in the not too distant future. You can't stop it.

Maybe this will also fall victim to the blind desire to destroy society in the name of political correct fads. Not so sure how it will end.

Oh...no "real" church...

:lol:

Wrong again, buddy. Real churches with real tax exempt status and pastors that went to seminary. There are lots of them that don't discriminate...and more jumping on the "ghey" bandwagon too. They probably are reading the tea leaves better than you are, realizing that if they don't embrace "the gheys", they are going to lose their younger generation to churches that will.

Oh...no "real" church...

Wrong again, buddy. Real churches with real tax exempt status and pastors that went to seminary. There are lots of them that don't discriminate...and more jumping on the "ghey" bandwagon too. They probably are reading the tea leaves better than you are, realizing that if they don't embrace "the gheys", they are going to lose their younger generation to churches that will.

Yes, and I know scientology is supposedly a church too. Listen, these churches are in no way Christian. While I generally respect gays, just like I respect any other people, those who claim to be performing a Christian sacrament when they "marry" two gays are - in every sense of the word - abominable perverts.

Funny but you are hinting at the entire reason gay people were set upon by society in the first place.

see gay people have a harder time producing children for the next crop of labor.

We as a society dont have to FORCE gay people to fake being straight so they will have to get married and produce children for the next crop of workers.
So basically what you are saying is that Homos are modern societies solution for birth control?

Oh...no "real" church...

Yes, and I know scientology is supposedly a church too. Listen, these churches are in no way Christian. While I generally respect gays, just like I respect any other people, those who claim to be performing a Christian sacrament when they "marry" two gays are - in every sense of the word - abominable perverts.

Nope..."real" churches are embracing marriage equality...and look for more to do it in the future...if they want to have a future...

Walking away from church

Oh...no "real" church...

Nope..."real" churches are embracing marriage equality...and look for more to do it in the future...if they want to have a future...

Walking away from church

You really are stupid. You and they seem to believe they can gain a following by dumping all the core beliefs of Christianity. This is very stupid. And for those who claim to lead these so-called churches, they are among the most despicable beings around because they really are an abomination to God.

So basically what you are saying is that Homos are modern societies solution for birth control?

:laugh2:

Forum List

Back