Why poor people get fat

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
eat poorly.

Watched a movie called My Sister Eileen 1942 starring Rosiland Russell - her character says she is starving to death on spaghetti - gained 5 lbs..................

arches.jpg

They eat a lot of fattening foods because of costs and their ability to fill a person up. The documentary Super Size me is a prime example of this. The guy was gaining weight while losing his health.
This is the problem with food stamps. If they are going to be available there should be stores located in certain area where they can be redeemed for certain food.
This would make the program better. It would be efficient and the stamps cannot be traded for cash as they can only be redeemed in a certain place which doesn't carry junk food.
As it stands probably half off the stamps that are used buy nothing more than filler meals of low quality.

I've thought a lot about this.

I have finally decided it's a combination of things...

The ready availability of cheap, fattening food.
The ready availability of cheap soda in lieu of water.
Constant ad bombardment
Sedentary lifestyles
No well defined meal times, fewer (or no) sit down meals
Too many choices at meal time..we used to be limited by what was available, and what you could afford..now we can actually decide what we want each night and cook that, and who serves leftovers anymore at meals?

I remember when dinner was dinner, and if you didn't like it you could choose not to eat, or eat bread and butter. At the dinner table, during dinner. There was no running to McD's or to the store for a burrito. I ate bread and butter a lot because in my family, often what we were eating was beans or stew, which I wasn't crazy for. Not that I ever complained!

I think most people have grown unaccustomed to getting really hungry between meal times, too.We're used to being able to satisfy any hunger pang on the spot, and all that leads to overeating.

eat poorly.

Watched a movie called My Sister Eileen 1942 starring Rosiland Russell - her character says she is starving to death on spaghetti - gained 5 lbs..................

:lol: Yeah cause rich people are never fat. Rush Limbaugh fail.

The same reason middle class and rich people get fat. The greatest Country in the world gives you the freedom and the monetary ability to overeat.

Forum List

Back