Why politicians should ignore MSM global warming hysteria.

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Days on Earth are getting LONGER: Scientists calculate how they have increased by six hours over 1.4 billion years due to the moon's gravity
Days on Earth are getting longer: Scientists calculate how they have increased by six hours | Daily Mail Online

The MSM GW hysteria is based on temperatures taken in the last 200 years as follows.
The primary ways to monitor global average air temperatures are surface based thermometers (since the late 1800s), radiosondes (weather balloons, since about the 1950s), and satellites measuring microwave emissions (since 1979). Other technologies, such as GPS satellite based methods have limited record length and have not yet gained wide acceptance for accuracy.
Measuring global temperatures: Satellites or thermometers?

Averaged over all land and ocean surfaces, temperatures warmed roughly 1.53 degrees Fahrenheit (0.85 degrees Celsius) from 1880 to 2012, according to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
How much has the global temperature risen since 1880? | UCAR - University Corporation for Atmospheric Research

So the premise is the length of the day has increased 6 hours over 1.4 billion years because the moon's gravity is lessening the earth's rotation wouldn't the lessening also cause less tidal influences, i.e. meaning more land area being exposed?

If the day is getting longer and the exposed land area increasing what effect would this be on the
Earth's temperature?

I'm not suggesting the fallacy of GW hysteria but rather another reason people are skeptical and with the VAST majority of the MSM supporting liberal/progressive/democrat position developed by AlGore i.e. that the earth will be overrun by rising oceans and there will be higher temperatures.
Hence it is more important than ever that politicians that pay attention to polls comprehend that there maybe more going on than what the global warming hysteria has screamed frequently will destroy our way of life.

Days on Earth are getting LONGER: Scientists calculate how they have increased by six hours over 1.4 billion years due to the moon's gravity
Days on Earth are getting longer: Scientists calculate how they have increased by six hours | Daily Mail Online

The MSM GW hysteria is based on temperatures taken in the last 200 years as follows.
The primary ways to monitor global average air temperatures are surface based thermometers (since the late 1800s), radiosondes (weather balloons, since about the 1950s), and satellites measuring microwave emissions (since 1979). Other technologies, such as GPS satellite based methods have limited record length and have not yet gained wide acceptance for accuracy.
Measuring global temperatures: Satellites or thermometers?

Averaged over all land and ocean surfaces, temperatures warmed roughly 1.53 degrees Fahrenheit (0.85 degrees Celsius) from 1880 to 2012, according to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
How much has the global temperature risen since 1880? | UCAR - University Corporation for Atmospheric Research

So the premise is the length of the day has increased 6 hours over 1.4 billion years because the moon's gravity is lessening the earth's rotation wouldn't the lessening also cause less tidal influences, i.e. meaning more land area being exposed?

If the day is getting longer and the exposed land area increasing what effect would this be on the
Earth's temperature?

I'm not suggesting the fallacy of GW hysteria but rather another reason people are skeptical and with the VAST majority of the MSM supporting liberal/progressive/democrat position developed by AlGore i.e. that the earth will be overrun by rising oceans and there will be higher temperatures.
Hence it is more important than ever that politicians that pay attention to polls comprehend that there maybe more going on than what the global warming hysteria has screamed frequently will destroy our way of life.

Great! I can use a longer day.

Forum List

Back