Why Perry-Huckabee will be GOP ticket in 2016.

It will be Kasich/Rubio That will get them the latino vote and Florida and Ohio. Election over.

Walker/Rubio

Ohio is way more important. You can't be President and not win Ohio. Plus Kasich is WAY out of Walkers league. Walker is a pebble.

Walker is the only one who has kicked the shit out of the Democrats.

Kasich kicked the shit out of Strickland who is a Obama backer and Obama campaigned for him in Columbus Ohio and Kasich STILL won. Then even after Ohioans voted to stop Kasich assult on the Unions, Kasich rebounded and won over 60% of the vote in the last election CRUSHING the democrats. Ohio is the show me state. Ohio is a true 50/50 state. You win in Ohio you can win the Presidency. Period. Walker would be kicked out of Ohio and would lose and would never even think about running here. I know I live in the capital.

Walkers stance on the union disqualify him for President. Kasich actually worked WITH them and they respected him for that. A true leader.

Shrug.

Time will tell.

It will be a brokered and exciting convention based on regionalism. Walker will carry old Rust Belt states in primary...but GOP will not carry them anyway in the general. Rubio will not win a primary. Bush is yesterday's hash. Trump will do better than expected. Perry and Huckabee will win where it counts for delegates.

It will be a brokered and exciting convention based on regionalism. Walker will carry old Rust Belt states in primary...but GOP will not carry them anyway in the general. Rubio will not win a primary. Bush is yesterday's hash. Trump will do better than expected. Perry and Huckabee will win where it counts for delegates.

As I said earlier, wanna bet? Bets are an excellent way of telling if people are serious about their predictions.

As I said earlier, wanna bet? Bets are an excellent way of telling if people are serious about their predictions.
Absolutely.

Absolutely.

Does that mean you are accepting my two earlier proposed wagers?

Absolutely.

For sure I would but does it violate the rules of this site?

Absolutely.

For sure I would but does it violate the rules of this site?

Not as far as I'm aware. I've made bets before on here about electoral issues and the mods have never objected. So, do we have a pair of bets?

My way of thinking is..........conservatives should NOT be about who has the best chance to win, because electing that person would be soley because they believe he/she could steal democratic votes. If we as conservatives want someone to manage our decline, then by all means, go along with that idea.

What we should be doing, is putting up a vastly different idea. We can't out left the left. If we put forth a candidate to manage our decline, we will get the blame if they are elected when it gets worse; and it will if we don't have a bold idea.

Hillary is Obama, Jebster is GW, almost. If you can't excite the republican base to come out and vote, it is highly unlikely you aren't going to steal enough democratic voters to win, because if you sit on the cusp, the independents are going 50-50.

And what if you do? You have a big government republican pushing us down the road even further, or a big government democrat if you do lose doing the same thing.

No, you have to have big differences this time, you really do. Sure, they might pick the democrat, but then the democrats get the grief when it all continues heading South. Remember, if it doesn't get better because we elect a big government republican, then it is obvious that the populace will pick the next time around a democrat. Why? Because if it is going to be bad, why wouldn't everyone pick the party who gives more free stuff! Go ahead anyone, try and convince anyone with a lick of sense that if we are in deep-doo, we shouldn't HIRE someone who is going to give us things. I dare you to try.

Point is, we have to turn this around for the benefit of the American people in 3 years, or that person will NOT get re-elected. So if it is a republican, do you think Jebster will deliver? See, you are creating your own vicious circle. It is not about winning, it is about fixing.

In closing, you can't go Huckabee because even the independents aren't going to elect someone who is going to govern on religion. The most important thing in this country isn't religion, it is the economy, illegals, and foreign policy. Just ask the pollsters.

So you have to have someone with bold ideas, the evangelicals trust, and who goes along with how Americans see things in the foreign policy arena. I know there are a few of them, but it is not Huckabee.

Choose wisely, or you will be blamed if you win, or blamed when you lose.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back