Why Perry cannot lose

Jobs report looks bad again
Perry 2012 is a done deal unless he has a unknown skelton that has not been found in 10 years

Jobs report looks bad again
Perry 2012 is a done deal unless he has a unknown skelton that has not been found in 10 years

full-auto-albums-obama-care-picture3911-mrz090211dapr20110902124516.jpg

The GOP actually represents the middle class, especially small business owners, in this country. That is obvious if you look at the new governors. The Dums represent the uber wealthy on either coast and their footmen union workers and black voting bloc.
The GOP governors who were being laughed at here for low approval ratings are seeing their policies bear fruit. Florida has a higher credit rating than the United States. Wisconsin has taken a huge deficit and is turning it into a surplus. New Jersey is back from the dead.
That will play out nationally as well.

It is really that simple

That simple huh? Then why is the GOP trying to blow up SS and Medicare?

It gets better - they're also tirelessly defending the need to keep Bush's top marginal rate cut in place while at the same time arguing we need to let the payroll tax cut expire.

In other words, they are tirelessly defending tax cuts for the wealthy while advocating raising taxes on poor and middle class working people.

I'd like to tell you how surprised I am, but I'm not.

6 million people have lost there jobs sense 2008
GM
Chrysler
Stimulus
tarp (Obama's 1/2)
regulations

Ever fact here as an exact opposite fact to some degree with Perry
In Texas, Perry Outshines Obama
this is with a drilling ban in place by Obama
Billions of dollars & thousands of jobs lost with Obama’s Gulf drilling moratorium
it is really that simple

I'm currently supporting Perry, but really, he's got an uphill battle.

First, the Media is going to be excusing Obama at every turn, while amplifying every flaw of Perry's.

Second, the GOP has done a very bad job of connecting with working people. Disgust with Obama does not translate into support of Republicans. Republicans need to disabuse the public that they think the worst part about this recession is that Daddy Warbucks can't buy his daughter a new polo pony.

That said, I think Perry, who is from humble origins, has a better chance of making that connection than Mitt "My Mansion needs expanding" Romney.

Obama is a millionaire and he got that way from being in government. I'm fed up with millionaires in the Democrat party masquerading as the common-man while they fly around in their private jets and ride around in their armored limos attending $38,000 a plate dinners.

So STFU.
uhhhhh, no. Obama made his money off of his books and he donated a great deal of that....

He ain't some urber rich guy with inherited family wealth, or made off of gvt....not yet.

He will be rich after his presidency, cuz all ex presidents and congress men and senators get rich off of it.

It is really that simple

It gets better - they're also tirelessly defending the need to keep Bush's top marginal rate cut in place while at the same time arguing we need to let the payroll tax cut expire.

In other words, they are tirelessly defending tax cuts for the wealthy while advocating raising taxes on poor and middle class working people.

The payroll tax cut has done nothing but add to the deficit. The GOP is committed to keeping ALL the Bush era tax rates.
You are not surprised because you think you know something about economics and public policy. In truth you ought to be surprised because you know nothing on these topics, as demonstrated by your posts again and again.

Perry is going to drive the moderates, independents and fiscal conservatives right to Obama. The guy has a good chance of winning the primary but his appeal won't go past fly-over country. His only selling point is "He's not Obama". That isn't going to be good enough. It didn't work for Kerry in 2004 despite the sheer unpopularity of the Iraq war. People want to get the impression the new person will do something different and helpful.

Nobody gets the impression he will do much of a better job. His economic record in Texas was bolstered by rising oil prices, not his own policies. He is notorious for making wild claims and suffers too often from "foot in mouth syndrome".

Plus there is the religious wingnut cancellation factor with Bachmann.

Last edited:

The payroll tax cut has done nothing but add to the deficit

Oh goody! I figured someone would be along quickly to defend reducing taxes on the wealthiest while increasing taxes on the middle class.

The radio has trained you well, Rabbi. You should run for the Republican nomination.

Oh goody! I figured someone would be along quickly to defend reducing taxes on the wealthiest while increasing taxes on the middle class.

The radio has trained you well, Rabbi. You should run for the Republican nomination.

Translation: I cannot defend the idiotic point I made.

Why not just admit it and move on?

It is really that simple

Your getting desperate 8537
The payroll tax was part of the FAILED stimulus
I am not going to miss that 8.00 a week
If you allow GWB tax rate to expire I will miss that 3,000 a year
any way I am not sure Perry has made comment on that matter
your talking apples and oranges

idiotic point? You agreed with my point: Republicans are advocating reducing taxes on the wealthiest while getting rid of a tax cut for the middle class.

Perry is going to drive the moderates, independents and fiscal conservatives right to Obama. The guy has a good chance of winning the primary but his appeal won't go past fly-over country. His only selling point is "He's not Obama". That isn't going to be good enough. It didn't work for Kerry in 2004 despite the sheer unpopularity of the Iraq war. People want to get the impression the new person will do something different and helpful.

Nobody gets the impression he will do much of a better job. His economic record in Texas was bolstered by rising oil prices, not his own policies. He is notorious for making wild claims and suffers too often from "foot in mouth syndrome".

Obama is toxic. His record is so awful even his base won't vote for him.
Perry has a solid record of accomplishment that no amount of media spin will diminish. He sounds good and looks good and often bucks traditional "conservative" views in favor of things that actually work. He is a very attractive candidate to anyone who isn't a left-winger.

Your getting desperate 8537
The payroll tax was part of the FAILED stimulus
I am not going to miss that 8.00 a week
If you allow GWB tax rate to expire I will miss that 3,000 a year
any way I am not sure Perry has made comment on that matter
your talking apples and oranges

Please, JRK: Run on this in 2012. Run on the "fact" that in order to make everyone better off, we need to put more money in the hands of the wealthy and less money in the hands of the middle class.

The road to prosperity is getting a fresh coat of pavement as we speak!

idiotic point? You agreed with my point: Republicans are advocating reducing taxes on the wealthiest while getting rid of a tax cut for the middle class.

That is so distorted as to be a lie.
Republicans advocate keeping ALL tax rates from the Bush era intact and support repealing the deficit-increasing payroll tax cut that has failed to stimulate anything.

Why do you need to lie? Are you too stupid or brainwashed to understand the truth?

That is so distorted as to be a lie.
Republicans advocate keeping ALL tax rates from the Bush era intact and support repealing the deficit-increasing payroll tax cut that has failed to stimulate anything.

Why do you need to lie? Are you too stupid or brainwashed to understand the truth?

So, once again you take great pains to agree with me while attempting to sound as if you are disagreeing with me. Please, which of these statements do you find false:

1. Republicans favor maintaining the lower top marginal rate, set to expire next year.

2. Many of those same Republicans favor allowing the payroll tax cut to expire next year.

I know the payroll tax cut was a black man's idea, but still..you can admit you support a tax cut.

By the way
who said anything about blowing uo SS or Medicare?
Ryans bill would have allowed Medicare to go private from the nuts and bolts on a slide scale with Govt oversight

it would have changed the year I turn 65 and it does not scare me at all

Obama is toxic. His record is so awful even his base won't vote for him.
Perry has a solid record of accomplishment that no amount of media spin will diminish. He sounds good and looks good and often bucks traditional "conservative" views in favor of things that actually work. He is a very attractive candidate to anyone who isn't a left-winger.

There is your problem. Your views are so far to the right that any disagreement means it must be from some far out left winger. Its untrue. You have to bear in mind that the majority of Americans are not those on the edges of the political spectrum but in the middle. People who owe little to no party allegiance. Not being Obama is not going to be good enough here. Especially to a candidate who actively pisses off everyone even remotely approaching the center.

The fact that you have to resort to an ad hominem name calling in response shows how little intelligence is being used in your support. The far right wouldn't vote for Obama anyway. Perry may be attractive to them, but who cares? They won't carry an election in of themselves. You probably thought Obama was toxic since 2008 so your input on the subject probably won't be too relevant here.

Does Perry have a plan to fix the economy? No.
Has he made any hints of what he could do? No.

He is suffering from Bob Kerry Syndrome. Being in opposition to a bad situation is not enough, you have to be offering solutions people are willing to put up with. In 2004 Americans although mostly against the Iraq War did not think immediate withdrawal was a good idea. So they didn't flock to him as an anti-candidate.

By the way
who said anything about blowing uo SS or Medicare?
Ryans bill would have allowed Medicare to go private from the nuts and bolts on a slide scale with Govt oversight

it would have changed the year I turn 65 and it does not scare me at all

Have there ever been success stories of government benefits or functions going private?

The big problem with privatization is usually the sudden realization that a profit motive doesn't always translate into providing the best services available. Government agencies have a duty to the public who vote on the people who set their budgets and by heavy regulation of their own actions.

HELLO!!! Why do you people discount the Repub primaries? :eusa_hand: He's got to win that before running against our current President.

Forum List

Back