Why people vote Republican

ilia25

I can do math
Jan 12, 2012
Many of them are simply confused.

"Finally, Cornell University’s Suzanne Mettler points out that many beneficiaries of government programs seem confused about their own place in the system. She tells us that 44 percent of Social Security recipients, 43 percent of those receiving unemployment benefits, and 40 percent of those on Medicare say that they “have not used a government program.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/17/opinion/krugman-moochers-against-welfare.html?hp

Last edited:

"Finally, Cornell University’s Suzanne Mettler points out that many beneficiaries of government programs seem confused about their own place in the system. She tells us that 44 percent of Social Security recipients, 43 percent of those receiving unemployment benefits, and 40 percent of those on Medicare say that they “have not used a government program.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/17/opinion/krugman-moochers-against-welfare.html?hp

Social Security, Unemployment Insurance and Medicare are all paid into by the recipients. Welfare and Food Stamps are not. That is what those people meant. I don't care what kind of dickweed propaganda you want to try and make out of it.

I also want to see where she got these supposed statistics. They look made up to me.

Social Security, Unemployment Insurance and Medicare are all paid into by the recipients. Welfare and Food Stamps are not. That is what those people meant.

Just like I said -- those poor Republican supporters are confused. Because these are government programs. The very programs that Republicans are so eager to cut.

Last edited:

Social Security, Unemployment Insurance and Medicare are all paid into by the recipients. Welfare and Food Stamps are not. That is what those people meant.

Just like I said -- those poor Republican supporters are confused. Because these are government programs. The very programs that Republicans are so eager to cut.

Well since your party cut 500 million from Medicare Advantage and is jeopardizing Social Security even further with his "payroll tax cut". I'd say you're the one that fails to see the writing on the wall. Medicare and SS are indeed paid for by the employee and employer. It's been a pyramid scheme from the beginning. When there were surpluses in medicare & SS (as it was supposed to be designed) instead of leaving it there, it got spent. Now there's just not enough to go around to those that paid in to it all those years.

His jobs (cough, cough) speech last month Obama wants to further cut Medicare and SS.

WASHINGTON -- In his jobs speech before Congress Thursday night, President Barack Obama appeared to call on congressional Democrats to cut Medicare, a politically toxic proposal that undercuts a previous Democratic campaign strategy.

Obama pushed to cut Medicare during the debate over raising the federal debt ceiling, urging lawmakers from both parties to accept a "grand bargain" that involved cutting both Social Security and Medicare. Obama's move upset congressional Democrats, who saw a proposal from Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) to radically cut Medicare as an attack ad opening going into the Nov. 2012 elections. House Republicans voted for the Ryan proposal en masse, just months after hordes of GOP freshmen were swept into office amid advertisements vowing to protect the hugely popular entitlement program.

Obama Pushes Medicare Cuts In Jobs Speech

AARP supported Obamacare because by cutting Medicare Advantage from the federal coffers, they had an opportunity to gain all that business. I'll never join AARP and keep sending their crap back to them with red marker all over it with a big fat red "NO" scrawled across the page. Also included in red is "QUIT SENDING ME THIS CRAP".

SS and Medicare are government run programs and they've done a piss poor job managing taxpayer money. These programs are funded by Employers and Employees, the government contributes nothing, nada.......unless it's underfunded, aka already been spent on pork projects.

Now I will argue that only the employer pays in to Unemployment but I've been told by your folks, over and over, the taxpayer is indeed funding it with lower wages. So again a piss poor government run program that is not funded by the government unless there is a shortfall or they decide to extend benefits without paying attention to where the $ is going to come from.

You on the left need to pay attention to what he's doing not what he says. He's lying to you, telling you he's on your side while he and his cronies are stuffing their pockets full of tax payer $, laundering money and bowing to other countries. :cuckoo:

Last edited:

Repugnantcans won't cut anything and neither will dimwitcraps.

But some of us who actually think for ourselves and don't subscribe to flock think realize that people would be a hell of a lot better off if they were in control of the 15% of their lifetime earnings stolen from them to fund the government's off the books slush fund otherwise known as social security

Pretty much for the same reason many people vote Democratic... SPITE.

I really think 75% of all votes are cast AGAINST candidates voters hate than FOR candidates voters like.

Last edited:
It's about time the Democrats learned basic math skills. Then they can work out how fucking broke the country is... and stop wasting money on shit.

I really think 75% of all votes are cast AGAINST candidates voters hate than FOR candidates voters like.

That's because we most often are left with a choice that is the lesser of two evils so you vote against the most egregious or you don't vote at all

That's because we most often are left with a choice that is the lesser of two evils so you vote against the most egregious or you don't vote at all

Except it is Republicans who are the bigger evil because of their blind belief in the pure free markets. They are consistently wrong about how to manage the economy. First, they promoted deregulation that creates a bubble. When it bursts, those idiots push for austerity. In other words, instead of adopting a counter-cyclical policy, they push for a policy that amplifies market ups and downs, because they think that market is a perfect force.

For same reason they refuse to see the problem with market rising the income inequality -- for them it is all a "natural order" of things, never mind that it is destroying the society.

And yes, they are planning to cut the entitlement programs -- look at Paul Ryan plan for Medicare.

Well since your party cut 500 million from Medicare Advantage and is jeopardizing Social Security even further with his "payroll tax cut".

Medicare Advantage is replaced with traditional Medicare simply because the latter costs less. It does not mean any disruption in the service. And cutting the payroll tax in order to stimulate the economy and rise further tax revenues is a sound policy that protects Social Security.

I'd say you're the one that fails to see the writing on the wall. Medicare and SS are indeed paid for by the employee and employer. It's been a pyramid scheme from the beginning. When there were surpluses in medicare & SS (as it was supposed to be designed) instead of leaving it there, it got spent. Now there's just not enough to go around to those that paid in to it all those years.

It does not matter which pocket the treasury puts its money in, as long as it pays for the services the government has to provide.

WASHINGTON -- In his jobs speech before Congress Thursday night, President Barack Obama appeared to call on congressional Democrats to cut Medicare, a politically toxic proposal that undercuts a previous Democratic campaign strategy.

Well, I agree that Obama giving in to the pressure from Republicans is madness. But it is just one more reason for NOT voting for them.

SS and Medicare are government run programs and they've done a piss poor job managing taxpayer money.

They are not badly managed, they are simply underfunded. In fact, Medicare is doing more for less money than the private insurances. The rights keep telling that we can't afford those programs, but that is a lie. They just want to get rid of them.

Last edited:

Repugnantcans won't cut anything and neither will dimwitcraps.

But some of us who actually think for ourselves and don't subscribe to flock think realize that people would be a hell of a lot better off if they were in control of the 15% of their lifetime earnings stolen from them to fund the government's off the books slush fund otherwise known as social security

^^^ This ^^^

[Except it is Republicans who are the bigger evil because of their blind belief in the pure free markets.

I've got news for you. We haven't had a pure free market in this country since the 19th century so I don't know where you get this idea that Republicans believe in "pure free markets."

Because they are stupid.

Rank and file Republicans want to pay higher taxes, so the idle rich can pay less.

Forum List

Back