Why People Are Divided by Politics and Religion

I noticed this issue years ago with men. Particularly men who are abusive. They might drink, beat their wives, kick the dog and break the furniture. When confronted with a spouse that has had enough and walked out, the complaint is "She doesn't think for herself. She listens to her mother, her sister, her friends. She can't make up her own mind." The assumption is, if she though for herself, she would agree that his actions were reasonable and even kindly. That's what he thought they were. If he wife really thought for herself, she would agree with him. Because she finally had a gut full and left, she can't think for herself.
Sorry, but that sounds like sexism speaking out against sexism to me.
Everyone thinks for themselves. A leftist has made an independent decision that whatever the left stands for is what they stand for. A rightist has also made an independent decision that whatever the right stands for is what they stand for. Only the right is liberal enough to permit independents to make up their own minds. Liberals demand lockstep thinking. Dissent is not permitted to the slightest degree. That's what makes the left so dangerous.
I don't think many (most?) liberals really analyse things in detail. If it feels or looks good, it's good. If it feels or looks bad, it's bad. I've spoken with very many liberals and they typically cannot articulate why they believe what they do. I believe that those types fall prey to group think and peer pressure than conservatives. Of course there are conservatives who grew up in that atmosphere but generally speaking they can at least explain why they think what they do.

Liberals don't think. They feel. Those feelings are a substitute for critical analysis and are CALLED critical analysis. The liberals who attempt to articulate and quantify why they take the outlandish positions they do say that they are for fairness and equality. It sounds good. It feels good.

The division in America is PARTIALLY due to our differing perceptions of Islam and Muslims.

Pampered pets?

Dormant threats?

Liberals don't think. They feel. Those feelings are a substitute for critical analysis and are CALLED critical analysis. The liberals who attempt to articulate and quantify why they take the outlandish positions they do say that they are for fairness and equality. It sounds good. It feels good.

GREAT FRIKKIN POST!!!

:smiliehug:

:clap2:

I noticed this issue years ago with men. Particularly men who are abusive. They might drink, beat their wives, kick the dog and break the furniture. When confronted with a spouse that has had enough and walked out, the complaint is "She doesn't think for herself. She listens to her mother, her sister, her friends. She can't make up her own mind." The assumption is, if she though for herself, she would agree that his actions were reasonable and even kindly. That's what he thought they were. If he wife really thought for herself, she would agree with him. Because she finally had a gut full and left, she can't think for herself.
Sorry, but that sounds like sexism speaking out against sexism to me.
Everyone thinks for themselves. A leftist has made an independent decision that whatever the left stands for is what they stand for. A rightist has also made an independent decision that whatever the right stands for is what they stand for. Only the right is liberal enough to permit independents to make up their own minds. Liberals demand lockstep thinking. Dissent is not permitted to the slightest degree. That's what makes the left so dangerous.
I don't think many (most?) liberals really analyse things in detail. If it feels or looks good, it's good. If it feels or looks bad, it's bad. I've spoken with very many liberals and they typically cannot articulate why they believe what they do. I believe that those types fall prey to group think and peer pressure than conservatives. Of course there are conservatives who grew up in that atmosphere but generally speaking they can at least explain why they think what they do.

I'm reading up the thread from the end and this is yet one more GREAT FRIKKIN POST!!!

:smiliehug::clap2:

People that categorize themselves as liberals or conservatives usually don't think. Its fully possible to be both and frequently the case. Like most things its not black or white, its shades of grey.

Dividing ourselves into discrete groups and categories is probably necessary. Can you imagine extending the compassion you have for family to the entire human race? You'd be unable to function. So in order to function we throw most of our own 'over the side' and out of our thoughts limiting our reference to our own side. Even then it's too many so we continue to make who we identify as our side into smaller and smaller, more manageable sized groups.

You are just talking about yourself. Your post demonstrates it. Your fantacy "feels good", "sounds good" to you, but has no basis in critically analyzed reality.

Sure, if you got data or a survey to present......

You are just talking about yourself. Your post demonstrates it. Your fantacy "feels good", "sounds good" to you, but has no basis in critically analyzed reality.

Sure, if you got data or a survey to present......
Your "fantacy" is that there are no such things as liberals or conservatives. Take off the tin foil hat and look around.

Forum List

Back