Why Palin's connection with Alaskan separatists party is troubling

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
The McCain campaign denies that Palin ever joined the AIP. But while it is in dispute whether she attended its 1994 convention, she did visit the 2000 one and addressed AIP conventions in 2006 and 2008. Her husband, Todd, was a registered AIP member from 1995 to 2002, and the AIP leadership certainly considers her one of their own.

Video footage shows AIP Vice Chairman Dexter Clark describing Palin at the 2007 North American Secessionist Convention as an "AIP member before she got the job as a mayor of a small town -- that was a nonpartisan job. But you get along to go along. She eventually joined the Republican Party, where she had all kinds of problems with their ethics, and well, I won't go into that." (No need to. The Alaska Legislature's ethics investigators are on the case.) Apparently with Palin in mind, Clark then went on to urge AIP members to "infiltrate" the major parties.

Palin's secession flirtation - Los Angeles Times

The McCain campaign denies that Palin ever joined the AIP. But while it is in dispute whether she attended its 1994 convention, she did visit the 2000 one and addressed AIP conventions in 2006 and 2008. Her husband, Todd, was a registered AIP member from 1995 to 2002, and the AIP leadership certainly considers her one of their own.

Video footage shows AIP Vice Chairman Dexter Clark describing Palin at the 2007 North American Secessionist Convention as an "AIP member before she got the job as a mayor of a small town -- that was a nonpartisan job. But you get along to go along. She eventually joined the Republican Party, where she had all kinds of problems with their ethics, and well, I won't go into that." (No need to. The Alaska Legislature's ethics investigators are on the case.) Apparently with Palin in mind, Clark then went on to urge AIP members to "infiltrate" the major parties.

Lmao...you are desperate to detract from Obama being a racist huh?

Over the years, Palin has actively courted the Alaska Independence Party, or AIP, an organization that supports Alaskan secession from the U.S. To be clear, we're not necessarily talking about friendly secession either: As the AIP's founder, Joe Vogler, told an interviewer in 1991: "The fires of hell are frozen glaciers compared to my hatred for the American government. ... And I won't be buried under their damn flag."

The Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr. could learn from this man.

Share Vogler's sentiment? You can purchase a "Joe was right!" T-shirt on the AIP's website for $25. The AIP's website also provides helpful links to other secessionist groups, including the Southern Independence Party of Tennessee (which boasts of going after "these Politically Correct Liberal Communist"), Ulster nationalists and Chechen separatists.

Over the years, Palin has actively courted the Alaska Independence Party, or AIP, an organization that supports Alaskan secession from the U.S. To be clear, we're not necessarily talking about friendly secession either: As the AIP's founder, Joe Vogler, told an interviewer in 1991: "The fires of hell are frozen glaciers compared to my hatred for the American government. ... And I won't be buried under their damn flag."

The Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr. could learn from this man.

Share Vogler's sentiment? You can purchase a "Joe was right!" T-shirt on the AIP's website for $25. The AIP's website also provides helpful links to other secessionist groups, including the Southern Independence Party of Tennessee (which boasts of going after "these Politically Correct Liberal Communist"), Ulster nationalists and Chechen separatists.

Like I said, in Obama's own words, he called whites menacing.

So what does Palin currently think of the AIP? Hard to know -- she's been keeping mum -- but this year she told AIP members: "I'm delighted to welcome you to the 2008 Alaska Independence Party Convention. ... Keep up the good work!"

Does it make you uneasy to have a possible secessionist sympathizer aiming for the White House? Do you worry that Palin shares AIP founder Vogler's burning "hatred for the American government"?

"The fires of hell are frozen glaciers compared to my hatred for the American government."

"And I won't be buried under their damn flag. I'll be buried in Dawson. And when Alaska is an independent nation they can bring my bones home."

"I'm an Alaskan, not an American. I've got no use for America or her damned institutions."

-- JOE VOGLER, FOUNDER AND LEADER OF THE AIP

The Party Todd Palin belonged to, and Sarah Palin courted.

:cuckoo:

:cuckoo:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26524024/
Gail Fenumiai, director of the Alaska Division of Elections, said Todd Palin twice registered under the Alaskan Independence Party — in 1995 and 2000. Some members of the party have advocated secession from the United States, though that is not a goal listed in the party's platform.Sarah Palin registered as an independent
Voter registration records show Sarah Palin registered in May 1982 as a member of the Republican Party and has not changed her affiliation. Todd Palin has been registered undeclared since 2002, Fenumiai said.Palin did address the Alaskan Independence Party's state convention by video earlier this year, welcoming the party to Fairbanks.

"Your party plays an important role in our state's politics," she said in the video, which is posted on the party's Web site. "I've always said that competition is so good, and that applies to political parties as well."

Corky Kirky's way of deflecting his own 'Messiah' saying that whites are menacing...:cuckoo:

"The fires of hell are frozen glaciers compared to my hatred for the American government."

"And I won't be buried under their damn flag. I'll be buried in Dawson. And when Alaska is an independent nation they can bring my bones home."

"I'm an Alaskan, not an American. I've got no use for America or her damned institutions."

-- JOE VOGLER, FOUNDER AND LEADER OF THE AIP

The Party Todd Palin belonged to, and Sarah Palin courted.

That's it in a nutshell. Todd was a member of the Alaska Independence Party for years, and Sarah even addressed their convention as governor.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwvPNXYrIyI&feature=related]YouTube - Sarah Palin and the Alaska Independence Party. Palin addresses AIP convention[/ame]

So what does Palin currently think of the AIP? Hard to know -- she's been keeping mum -- but this year she told AIP members: "I'm delighted to welcome you to the 2008 Alaska Independence Party Convention. ... Keep up the good work!"

I love how you ellipsed out the part where she called the AIP a welcomed competitor to her views, fucking piece of trash.

I love how you ellipsed out the part where she called the AIP a welcomed competitor to her views, fucking piece of trash.

She never said they were a "competitor to her views."

You shouldn't make shit up.

This news article has been ignored by the media despite the fact there is evidence that suggests she was connected to this.

If this were Obama, the Republicans might say that Obama hates America, hates white people, and is not a christian.

Oh wait, I'm sorry. They already do that. :eusa_whistle:

This news article has been ignored by the media despite the fact there is evidence that suggests she was connected to this.

If this were Obama, the Republicans might say that Obama hates America, hates white people, and is not a christian.

Oh wait, I'm sorry. They already do that. :eusa_whistle:
sorry robert, there is nothing to this

yes, I am concerned as President when McCain croaks, not only will she make abortion illegal, but she will also sell Alaska to Russia for cheap.

Just look at everything the Republicans have sold to foreigners. Saudi's and Chinese practically own our entire country. The GOP doesn't care. Certainly a seperatist like Palin won't mind. She's not even a part of the continental US. She thinks that oil and gold in Alaska is all theirs, not to be shared by us. The oil and other resources are why Palin wants to leave the US.

If she doesn't win, expect Todd to tell her to pack her shit up and they are leaving America. Because he does call all her shots. She isn't even the boss. Todd wears the pants, even in the Governors office, he is the boss. A red neck, but the boss none the less.

Forum List

Back