Why our Soldiers are put in harms way...Freedom

Alpha1

NAVY
Jun 3, 2007
City wants to nip tobacco use in the butt

First, Brooksville officials cracked down on employees who didn't use deodorant or wear underwear, which sparked debate about whether they were infringing on workers' personal choice.

Now city officials might crack down on employee tobacco use — both at work and during their personal time — by requiring them to quit smoking after one year. The proposal would also disqualify for employment anyone who admits to the habit.

During Monday's 5:30 p.m. meeting at City Hall, council members will consider a tobacco policy that forbids smoking or chewing the substance on city property, in city-owned vehicles and personal vehicles that are on city property or are being used for a city function.

Liberalville.....Land of the Free....

First, Brooksville officials cracked down on employees who didn't use deodorant or wear underwear, which sparked debate about whether they were infringing on workers' personal choice.

Now city officials might crack down on employee tobacco use — both at work and during their personal time — by requiring them to quit smoking after one year. The proposal would also disqualify for employment anyone who admits to the habit.

During Monday's 5:30 p.m. meeting at City Hall, council members will consider a tobacco policy that forbids smoking or chewing the substance on city property, in city-owned vehicles and personal vehicles that are on city property or are being used for a city function.

wow this is a little overboard. While no one should be subjected to smoke unwillingly, the idea of regulating smoking on private time and in cars etc is insane.

I would have sworn that California would have been first to tell city employees they can't smoke, even on their own time. Guess I was wrong.

Until cigarettes are outlawed, it is unlawful to fire a worker for smoking on his own time. The fired worker should have an excellent lawsuit.

Hernando County (of which Brooksville is the county seat) went to McCain in 2008 and Bush in 2004, and their reps are all Republican.

Wouldn't exactly call it "Liberalville".

Last edited:

Hernando County (of which Brooksville is the county seat) went to McCain in 2008 and Bush in 2004, and their reps are all Republican.

Looks bout even. I would post the city council parties but they dont list them. But with 98% of blacks voting for liberals one would guess the black members are all democrats.

Voter Registration Statistics
updated 4/12/2010
Active Voters Only
Republican 47,472
Democrat 46,669
NPA & Minor Parties 26,631
Total

I smell wrongful termination suits for the first people fired from this, complete horseshit

Now why did you have to go ruin yet another dishonest, hackish post with facts?:razz:

In Ohio it's illegal to smoke in public places. I was at a Dimmu Borgir show a year ago and these guys next to me fired up a joint. They passed it around for about a minute and I was like "Fuckit! The bouncer's right there and not sayin shit" So I fired up a cigarrette and after about 3 puffs the bouncer was on me like an avalanche. "Put that out sir!" Of course I did not mention the comparison cause I am not a rat but still. That was obvious bullshit. Pot is illegal and gets more leniancy than fuckin' cigarrettes do.

What does this have to do with our soldiers being put in harms way?

That they put their life on the line to preserve our freedom while at the same time the gubmint is passing laws on how to save yourself from you.

Seems to me that since the end of WWII, they've been putting their lives on the line to preserve other people's freedom.

If we take this to its logical extent, will we be dishonorably discharging soldiers who dare to light a cig in a warzone?

What does this have to do with our soldiers being put in harms way?

That they put their life on the line to preserve our freedom while at the same time the gubmint is passing laws on how to save yourself from you.

Seems to me that since the end of WWII, they've been putting their lives on the line to preserve other people's freedom.

Well.....yeah......but their job description still calls for them to protect ours. ;)

If we take this to its logical extent, will we be dishonorably discharging soldiers who dare to light a cig in a warzone?

Ya know, I was OK when they stopped people from smoking in offices.....even though it was the single most productivity killing thing to happen in the American workforce. They drove the smokers outside the building. Then companies decided it didn't look good having all these smokers hanging around the front door of the building, so they made rules that they had to go down the alley. Now they are creating smoke free outdoor zones. Do these kind of moving target rules remind anyone of anything?

View attachment 10049

Forum List

Back