Why One Might Call The Police

Who else but a black guy calling a white cop STUPID could get away with it? Aye?

How about if it had been a white President call a black cop STUPID?

Yeah... give me a break.... :eusa_hand:

I just finished reading that story. god help those people who failed to act.

A witness to a crime can be criminally charged if they fail to act or come forward. Same with that if you see a Law Enforcement Officer who is in mortal danger and you do not assist him or her you can be criminally charged.
I am in doubt of any law that exists that you can be criminally charged if you don't assist a law enforcement officer. Civilians are told to stay out of the way during a law enforcement act such as arresting a criminal. If a cop is in mortal danger, they put themselves there, and why would a civilian put themselves there as well? You need to do some more research before coming out with statements like this.

A witness to a crime can be criminally charged if they fail to act or come forward. Same with that if you see a Law Enforcement Officer who is in mortal danger and you do not assist him or her you can be criminally charged.
I am in doubt of any law that exists that you can be criminally charged if you don't assist a law enforcement officer. Civilians are told to stay out of the way during a law enforcement act such as arresting a criminal. If a cop is in mortal danger, they put themselves there, and why would a civilian put themselves there as well? You need to do some more research before coming out with statements like this.

It's called the "Good Samaritan Law" and only a few places still have it, also, it is rarely called into play unless they know for certain now, usually it's a way to force witnesses to go to court. The odd thing is that the people who seem to hate cops blindly are also the ones who seem to support this stupidity.

It's called the "Good Samaritan Law" and only a few places still have it, also, it is rarely called into play unless they know for certain now, usually it's a way to force witnesses to go to court. The odd thing is that the people who seem to hate cops blindly are also the ones who seem to support this stupidity.
KK, I hate to break it to you but Seinfeld is not based on reality. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

There is no criminal charge brought against someone for not reporting a crime, and you're totally misinterpreting good samaritan law.

KK, I hate to break it to you but Seinfeld is not based on reality. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

There is no criminal charge brought against someone for not reporting a crime, and you're totally misinterpreting good samaritan law.

Actually there is, has been, and it wasn't from Seinfeld ... haven't seen that ep, I'll have to search for it online. I got it because there was a case somewhere, can't remember where ... but even then ... that wasn't the only point I was addressing ... so I hate to break it to you, but partisan blinders don't make you look smart.

Good Samaritan laws in the United States are laws or acts protecting from liability those who choose to aid others who are injured or ill. They are intended to reduce bystanders' hesitation to assist, for fear of being sued or prosecuted for unintentional injury or wrongful death.

source

Nothing whatever to do with reporting crime or coming to the aid of the cops.

are you just making this shit up as you go along? the guy who watched his buddy rape the kid and walked away....they did nothing to him....let me go find the story

As part of the war on drugs, several states did pass such laws essentially making it a felony to not report a felony they were aware off. This made it a felony for a pothead to not report his supplier.

Then there was a big blowup in Pascagoula Mississippi. The Mississippi Squirrel quoted Deut 19 v 15. KJV. I don't believe any of those laws are still on the books.

At common law it was an indictable misdemeanour to fail to assist a police officer who called for assistance. In many jurisdictions (mine for example) that is no longer an offence because the whole point of the law ceased to exist when police forces became professional (as in full time paid), scheduled patrols, gave cops radios and protective equipment and so on.

For what it's worth I don't think a citizen should not be penalised for not coming to the aid of a police officer, they could get hurt or worse. Having said that I have been a grateful recipient of such aid more than once (working by myself in isolated small towns).

Felony - again at common law there was an offence of misprision, failing to notify authorities of the existence of a felony. Again, in many jurisdictions it no longer exists, probably because the judicial system has advanced beyond reliance on the old English Assizes and hue and cry and presentment.

As always, check your jurisdiction's laws before taking any notice of me :lol:

Who else but a black guy calling a white cop STUPID could get away with it? Aye?

How about if it had been a white President call a black cop STUPID?

Yeah... give me a break.... :eusa_hand:

If that were to have happened, like President Bush calling a black cop stupid we would have had rioting on the streets and of course Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson would have been screaming blooody murder, but President Bush, hell even President Clinton had more class then that.

are you just making this shit up as you go along? the guy who watched his buddy rape the kid and walked away....they did nothing to him....let me go find the story

That is called Conspiracy.

We still have those laws in place here in Nevada.

Forum List

Back