Why Obama’s Address to Schoolchildren Is Objectionable

What's really absurd is that anyone thinks school kids are going to pay any attention to what he says.

A certain age group might. The ones old enough to think the President talking to them is "cool", but not old enough to think the other kids might think it's "uncool". Not a wide age group there. :lol:
But it can't really hurt anything.

This is the stupidest issue I've ever seen Republicans get caught up over ever since lipstick on a pig. I think it's the one year anniversary for that, so it would make sense.
And this is your way of letting the world know that you're NOT AFRAID of Palin...

The Republicans need a faux outrage over something once a year.

ROFLMNAO... Beautiful... twist it up in sweet irony. LOL... BRILLIANT!

There are millions of students going back to school tomorrow. Getting a pep talk from the commander in chief, reminding them about the importance of a good education and to stay in school is a huge deal and I would absolutely, positively make my children watch this speech whether it was from Obama, Reagan, HW Bush or W Bush.

Well sure... except that is not what the BOY King is doing... He wants to use his opportunity to speak to the importance of staying in school, to inform the kids of the importance of 'National Service'... More "I pledge..." drivel.

All of which is designed to blur the distinction between personal charity; the willfull giving from one individual to another; and legally sanctioned theft via governmental confiscation of the product of one's labor to subsidize those who are 'deserving of service;' which is the means by which Marxist find and hold power...

Education is one of the biggest elephants in the room right now - it's disgusting how our education system is one of the worst in the world

It really is... But that's a direct result of the Ideological Left's conversion of the American Education System into a system of Leftist Indoctrination. It's fairly unlikely that doubling down on Leftist Indoctrination is going to change that. And here's why>>

... I also maintain that the school year should be longer, children should be taught more about culture, art, philosophy, different languages, etc.

Notice how you've advocated for Indoctrination? You've advanced the notion that 'education' exists around subjective issues of what represents Art... Philisophy and the means to communicate through different langauges... when MOST High School students can BARELY communicate in THEIR COMMON LANGUAGE: ENGLISH!

But I would like to thank you for that little demonstration Dave... I can sit here and write about what you people are, all day; and that will NEVER be as effective as ONE solid Demonstration such as that... :clap2: Bravo... :clap2:

Most Leftists would had lied and stuttered-on about Math and the objective sciences... in a deceitful ploy to hide their true 'feelings'...

... we should completely overhaul our education system and give more federal oversight of it. A better educated society in the long run can have massive, positive implications for society overall.

Look at our educational system compared to India's... or China's... this is something that should be a huge priority for the federal government and unfortunately, it's not.

Yet you loathe Gw Bush, who provided the largest increase in Federal Spending and Federal oversight on US Education since the mid-1960s... And what's MORE... HE LET 'DEAD TED' Kennedy write the bill!

ROFL... Oh God that's precious...

Do we really need to keep learning the same American History, the same World History in almost every other grade? Do we really need to learn Algebra when only a very small fraction of society uses it? Why can't we teach a 5th grader about the nuances of music theory? Why can't we teach a 6th grader how to appreciate art instead of the same BS painting and clay crap?

And here friends is a beautiful demonstration of why the Left must continuously subject the culture to reliving the catastrophic lessons of history... they're ignorant of it and they've simply no interest in learning it otherwise.

Even with the educational system as it is, receiving a pep talk directly from the President no matter what party affiliation he has, would be something special. I'm going to buy a #2 pencil today just for the occasion.

And therein lies the ugly reality of the Cult-Personality... It vomits the base ideology of the Fuhrer... while it longs for yet another dose of rancid propaganda.

Anyone need anything else?

Well here's just a tad more... Now while Dave here, spent the above prose calling for a better education system in the US, here's another demonstration of what she really believes:
You know, maybe if Bush hadn't been so concerned about education on September 11th, he might've been in a command position to actually do something that day instead of reading My Pet Goat.

Now think about THAT for a second... The premise is multi-faceted... first the suggestion is that Bush wasn't in command on 9-11... and this is because he was reading to elementary school kids... YET, here we find lil' Davey unabashedly ADVOCATING for the current US President to be 'out of command' while doing much the same...(and understand, the US wasn't at war when Bush was reading "My Pet Goat"... in contrast to the US presently being at war...). It's an absurd premise of course... President Bush wasn't out of command when he was reading to those kids... nor will The BOY King be "out of Command'...

But unlike King Hussein; President Bush wasn't cloaking a thinly vieled attempt to misinform children that it is their DUTY to 'SERVE the less fortunate...' President Bush was reading them a book... demonstrating the ART of reading... Communicating in their cultural Langauge, through the written word... ACTUALLY promoting EDUCATION... which is what Dave has mouthed support for; even as she laments a President who SIGNED THE LARGEST FEDERAL EDUCATION BILL IN DECADES... a bill written by a Leftist bulwark which established OVERT Federal oversight of the US Education system; and a President who was in a public school demonstrating education leadership, even as the Islamic World attacked the United States in a dispicable sneak attack murdering thousands of innocent people...

ROFL... it's who these people are folks. Believe your eyes... They're not with us...

Last edited:
What's really absurd is that anyone thinks school kids are going to pay any attention to what he says.

A certain age group might. The ones old enough to think the President talking to them is "cool", but not old enough to think the other kids might think it's "uncool". Not a wide age group there. :lol:

But where's the fun in poilitcsif you don't bitch about every damn thing the "other guys" do ? :lol:

Seriously, Be Cool--Stay in School ???? That's bound to work as well as it did when the Mod Squad said it.

The Mod Squad TV Show Unofficial Home Page w/ Pictures & Episode Guide

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

But where's the fun in poilitcsif you don't bitch about every damn thing the "other guys" do ? :lol:

Seriously, Be Cool--Stay in School ???? That's bound to work as well as it did when the Mod Squad said it.

There you go getting all logical and rational on a dumb hack thread. Pay attention! :slap:

There you go getting all logical and rational on a dumb hack thread. Pay attention! :slap:

ok ok----I'm vehemently against what everyone has said so far !
better ? :lol:

Its simple really, but obviously difficult for some.

He wants his children left alone ... leave ours alone!

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

ok ok----I'm vehemently against what everyone has said so far !
better ? :lol:

That's the spirit! ;)

Its simple really, but obviously difficult for some.

He wants his children left alone ... leave ours alone!

Oh hell--let him have a shot at it so he can be as frustrated as everyone else when they ignore him and do whatever they damn well feel like.

You righties don't even have to post anything anymore. Why bother logging onto this forum anyway? Absolutely nothing Obama does, even if he captures Osama alive and puts him on trial for us all to see, even if Obama eliminates all taxes and we get a surplus at the end of the year, you still will hate Obama and anything he does. It's redundant and boring. There's no thought required in anything you guys do. Just go along and trash Obama for his topic of the day. Healthcare? Nope. Afghanistan? Nope. Education? Nope. Eliminate taxes and balance the budget? Nope.

Obama could be Reagan incarnate and you would still bash him. I have yet to see one logic, thought-provoking right-wing analysis of Obama. All it is is just 5th grader crap. There were idiots on the far left who did this all during the Bush administration and it was annoying as hell. Are you guys really going down to their level?

Obama addressing the school children of America is, of course, quite admirable.

Any who oppose it have malignant motives, or just dumb butt stoopid.

You righties don't even have to post anything anymore. Why bother logging onto this forum anyway? Absolutely nothing Obama does, even if he captures Osama alive and puts him on trial for us all to see, even if Obama eliminates all taxes and we get a surplus at the end of the year, you still will hate Obama and anything he does. It's redundant and boring. There's no thought required in anything you guys do. Just go along and trash Obama for his topic of the day. Healthcare? Nope. Afghanistan? Nope. Education? Nope. Eliminate taxes and balance the budget? Nope.

Obama could be Reagan incarnate and you would still bash him. I have yet to see one logic, thought-provoking right-wing analysis of Obama. All it is is just 5th grader crap. There were idiots on the far left who did this all during the Bush administration and it was annoying as hell. Are you guys really going down to their level?

Welcome to partisan politics. Where the hell have you been for years. It's always like this.

This is the stupidest issue I've ever seen Republicans get caught up over ever since lipstick on a pig. I think it's the one year anniversary for that, so it would make sense. The Republicans need a faux outrage over something once a year.

There are millions of students going back to school tomorrow. Getting a pep talk from the commander in chief, reminding them about the importance of a good education and to stay in school is a huge deal and I would absolutely, positively make my children watch this speech whether it was from Obama, Reagan, HW Bush or W Bush. Education is one of the biggest elephants in the room right now - it's disgusting how our education system is one of the worst in the world - compared to countries that have far less money than we do. While I maintain that schools should receive money from local and state funds, I also maintain that the school year should be longer, children should be taught more about culture, art, philosophy, different languages, etc. and that we should completely overhaul our education system and give more federal oversight of it. A better educated society in the long run can have massive, positive implications for society overall.

Look at our educational system compared to India's... or China's... this is something that should be a huge priority for the federal government and unfortunately, it's not. Do we really need to keep learning the same American History, the same World History in almost every other grade? Do we really need to learn Algebra when only a very small fraction of society uses it? Why can't we teach a 5th grader about the nuances of music theory? Why can't we teach a 6th grader how to appreciate art instead of the same BS painting and clay crap?

Even with the educational system as it is, receiving a pep talk directly from the President no matter what party affiliation he has, would be something special. I'm going to buy a #2 pencil today just for the occasion.

For a smart guy, how do you miss the fact that federal control and quality education are mutually exclusive? After 50 fucking years you might at least get a clue as to what the problem is (hint: Federal Department of Education demands total homogenization and mediocrity)

Again the speech isn't the problem if that was all he was doing I wouldn't freaking care any more than I did when Bush was reading "My Pet Goat". It's the damn home work assignment afterward that I found repulsive. Every president has found it at one time or the other during his administration to address America's school Children At least since such became possible.

Only Obama felt it necessary to assign home work on the speech...

I wonder how many of these people screamed when Reagan talked to kids, When bush 41 talked to kids or when Bush 43 talked to kids?

You know they screamed when Clinton did.

As has been said before.. produce the lesson plan that the Reagan or Bush Whitehouses sent to all public schools telling teachers how to prepare students for the speech and how to "guide the discussion" afterwards, and then your Reagan/Bush compare will have validity. Until then, it doesn't.

I wonder how many of these people screamed when Reagan talked to kids, When bush 41 talked to kids or when Bush 43 talked to kids?

As has been said before.. produce the lesson plan that the Reagan or Bush Whitehouses sent to all public schools telling teachers how to prepare students for the speech and how to "guide the discussion" afterwards, and then your Reagan/Bush compare will have validity. Until then, it doesn't.
:lol:
George Bush Presidential Library and Museum :: Public Papers - 1991 - October
Write me a letter -- and I'm serious about this one -- write me a letter about ways you can help us achieve our goals. I think you know the address.

Exactly.

Obama attempted to go far beyond a simple address to school children - it was accompanies by prepatory activies prior to the speech, with follow up activities after the speech - including an emphasis on how these kids could "help the president."

It showed arrogance and disregard - both of which continue to plague this administration well beyond this issue...

I dont have a problem with the President addressing school children. If he did anything partisan it would be a perfect opportunity to show kids how ridiculous he is being. If he doesnt, then no harm no foul.

The Lesson plan follow up was a bit more controversial. making kids write about what they can do to help Obama.

Forum List

Back