Why Obamanomics Has Failed

Read the article - it's actually quite simple.

Reduce tax rates - particularly corporate rates.

Initiate a 2-year spending freeze. No healthcare BS, no Cap n Trade BS. During that 2-year spending freeze, do an honest audit of all federal government programs and cut and/or eliminate those that are simply not necessary, such as the Dept. of Education.

Watch the business cycle boom, jobs created, people back to work...

What we have seen instead is a call for higher taxes, more regulation, a massive expansion of government and government spending - all things that history has proven to cripple economic growth - see Greece, Spain, Italy, former Soviet Union, etc...

LOL. Shut up.

Seriously. Any adult conservatives want to take up my challenge?

Running from your own challenge - weak as it was.

There you have it - cut taxes, federal spending freeze, full audit of programs followed by cuts and or elimination of programs.

The reduction in the corporate tax rate alone would initiate billions to pour into the American economy, followed by business reinvestment, job creation, and a booming economy.

Again - stark contrast to what we have today- call for higher taxes, further regulation, attacks against industry, massive government spending and expansion...etc.

JFK and Reagan were essentially right- not perfectly so of course, but the basic fundamentals of more money into the hands of the private sector is a good thing.

Obama and his Democrat leadership cohorts are wrong - they wish to take more from the private sector and give to government - the redistributive policy Obama has preached for many years now...

I have never understood why thinking people would insist on high taxes on cooperation's.

Anyone with a basic grasp of Business knows any tax levied on a for profit cooperation. Will only appear to be paid by the Cooperation. As they will adjust their, Prices or Fees up to compensate for the tax. Therefore the actual Payee of the new tax is the end consumer.

You and I

If they do not adjust their prices/fees up to compensate, then they will have to get by on that much less profit, which may lead to people losing jobs.

I mean I know, I see the emotional argument to tax the hell out of cooperations making obscene profits, really I do, But Basic Common sense tells you Raising their taxes is only going to hurt us in the end.

:clap2::clap2:

Yes indeed. And that is the current cycle we are in now - so much uncertainty and fear wthin the business world - both large and small, that American workers are ultimately the ones who suffer the most.

Banks remain fearful to lend, so small business flounders - more jobs lost and/or not created.

Obama simply does not understand basic economics. His life experience has never prepared him for the job of president - he gave speeches...very little else.

Initiate a 2-year spending freeze. No healthcare BS, no Cap n Trade BS. During that 2-year spending freeze, do an honest audit of all federal government programs and cut and/or eliminate those that are simply not necessary, such as the Dept. of Education.

Reagan did not cut spending. He gave us the largest deficit increase since WWII. You can talk up your tax angle all you like but the kind of spending measures you suggest are just made up out of thin air. Nothing of the kind was ever done by Reagan or any other president. It's just talk. It's certainly never been proven in the real world.

I thought the article was less than convincing in that there are vast dissimilarities between the current recession and that of the early 1980’s. That recession was purposely induced by Carter appointee Paul Volcker who set a course to restrict the money supply in a battle with inflation that had been going on since the Nixon era. With this recession we have the opposite case of deflation. This time the money supply is being restricted not by intention, but rather consumers and businesses now lack access to credit due in large part by government spending that hogs most of the available credit for itself.

I have never understood why thinking people would insist on high taxes on cooperation's.

Anyone with a basic grasp of Business knows any tax levied on a for profit cooperation. Will only appear to be paid by the Cooperation. As they will adjust their, Prices or Fees up to compensate for the tax. Therefore the actual Payee of the new tax is the end consumer.

You and I

If they do not adjust their prices/fees up to compensate, then they will have to get by on that much less profit, which may lead to people losing jobs.

I mean I know, I see the emotional argument to tax the hell out of cooperations making obscene profits, really I do, But Basic Common sense tells you Raising their taxes is only going to hurt us in the end.

As was found with Reagan's trickle down theory, if corporations continue to get tax breaks assuming their customers and employees would somehow benefit, it simply didn't happen. Their customers and employees succumed to greed at the top anyway.

I have never understood why people insist that low wages bring economic golden ages.

Workers who cannot BUY do NOT sustain a consumer driven economy.

As is so obviously evident right now.

Corporate taxes have been going down.

Where's our golden age?

You corporate tools are freakin' idiots.

I have never understood why people insist that low wages bring economic golden ages.

Where's our golden age?

I heard a couple of weeks ago that Federal Express is raising their rates and hiring again which indicates that other companies will also be more productive.

I don't want to tax business into oblivion and I do want them to have incentive which causes them to start hiring again but they have found during these lean years that they can force people to do more and earn less. Also they have already raised prices that consumers have accepted and tolerated but they haven't gone back to their previous spending because of that.

Incentives for businesses who will hire and in turn use their profit to give incentives to the consumer so that they spend more. That is the ticket back to prosperity imo.

Not that simplistic but the mindset is that. I hear that from Obama as well.

Where's our golden age?

I do not understand how people can miss the fact that unemployed workers have really low purchasing power. And unemployment stems from working in industries that are not competitive worldwide. Such lack of competition comes chiefly from high unit labor costs. Note the term "high UNIT labor costs" not hourly wages.

Corporate taxes are probably higher now relative to other countries' than ever before. So relatively they have risen, not gone down.
You really need a quick course in economics, if not total re-re-education, so you dont sound like a leftist noob.

Who said it was a failure?

Obamanomics is there to inflict damage on the economy and grow the power and control of government; it had been a resounding success.

The Government now has control over car companies, all our financial institutions, controls 100% of new residential mortgages and now has control over our very life and death.

We have a Malignant Narcissist Muslim Marxist Ideologue in the White House who has hired Eugenicists to advise him because he is "God's partner in matters of life and death"

You need to realize how Obama and the Democrats define success, it's not your definition.

Reagan did not cut spending. He gave us the largest deficit increase since WWII. You can talk up your tax angle all you like but the kind of spending measures you suggest are just made up out of thin air. Nothing of the kind was ever done by Reagan or any other president. It's just talk. It's certainly never been proven in the real world.

Do I have a Super Majority in Congress? What people keep seem to forget is that the American President is not usually a dictator.

Does the right wing worship of corporations puzzle you? As jobs are outsourced and foreign products come to dominate our stores, the wingnuts sit in the Corporate Church praising the very people who created the mess we are in now. Taxes, their mantra of salvation, grows old and tired and yet they persist. Being conservative is too easy, thought never enters.

"There is no historical evidence that tax cuts spur economic growth. The highest period of growth in U.S. history (1933-1973) also saw its highest tax rates on the rich: 70 to 91 percent. During this period, the general tax rate climbed as well, but it reached a plateau in 1969, and growth slowed down five years later. Almost all rich nations have higher general taxes than the U.S., and they are growing faster as well."

Tax cuts spur economic growth

The Idolatry of Ideology-Why Tax Cuts Hurt the Economy by Russ Beaton

The Conservative Nanny State

See. [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Invisible-Hands-Making-Conservative-Movement/dp/0393059308/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1247845984&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Invisible Hands: The Making of the Conservative Movement from the New Deal to Reagan (9780393059304): Kim…[/ame] "Historian Phillips-Fein traces the hidden history of the Reagan revolution to a coterie of business executives, including General Electric official and Reagan mentor Lemuel Boulware, who saw labor unions, government regulation, high taxes and welfare spending as dire threats to their profits and power. From the 1930s onward, the author argues, they provided the money, organization and fervor for a decades-long war against New Deal liberalism—funding campaigns, think tanks, magazines and lobbying groups, and indoctrinating employees in the virtues of unfettered capitalism."

Last edited:
The Government now has control over car companies, all our financial institutions, controls 100% of new residential mortgages and now has control over our very life and death.
Yeah....let's HEAR IT for MORE PRO-BU$INE$$ FOLK$, IN CONGRESS!!!!!

....And, rhetoric?? We need MORE RHETORIC!!!!!!

We need to make "ALLOW THE MARKETPLACE TO REGULATE ITSELF!!" as hip a sales-pitch, as "MY COUNTRY; RIGHT OR WRONG!!!" was...during 'Nam. :rolleyes:

Hey............Obamanomics has been nothing less than beautiful. The current generation of dummies is getting to see what happens when a radical liberal occupies the oval office = escalator down in epic fashion. It'll seal the deal for the prospect of any lib getting near that address for a couple of decades at least. And wait'll this current recession we're now entering gets revvd up. What will Obama have left? Well of course, he'll have virtually all of the black vote, which sh!t, how much of a surprise is that? He'll have a majority of hispanics by pandering to amnesty. And he'll have the k00k liberals and some Democrats. Thats it...........you cant win elections that way when the economy is in the sh!!ter!!

These guys in the White House.............true believers. Fine with me..............and I certainly expected it.............but I must admit, I didnt think thnigs would tank for these bozo's in such a record short time. I mean, its nothing less than fcukking amazing.:funnyface::funnyface::funnyface::funnyface::funnyface:

How much do I look forward to getting on the DRUDGE Report each AM to see new levels of epic fail???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does the right wing worship of corporations puzzle you? As jobs are outsourced and foreign products come to dominate our stores, the wingnuts sit in the Corporate Church praising the very people who created the mess we are in now. Taxes, their mantra of salvation, grows old and tired and yet they persist. Being conservative is too easy, thought never enters.

"There is no historical evidence that tax cuts spur economic growth. The highest period of growth in U.S. history (1933-1973) also saw its highest tax rates on the rich: 70 to 91 percent. During this period, the general tax rate climbed as well, but it reached a plateau in 1969, and growth slowed down five years later. Almost all rich nations have higher general taxes than the U.S., and they are growing faster as well."

Tax cuts spur economic growth
UH-Oh!!!!!!

You DARE suggest we LEARN FROM THE PA$T??!!!!

:eek:

"The supply-side idea is a simple one, and makes a popular political message. However, it is interesting to note that mainstream economists -- even conservative ones -- almost universally reject supply-side theory.

Supply-siders point out that their theories are not wrong simply because academia rejects them. This would be falling for the "argument from authority" fallacy. After all, it was once a scientific consensus that the earth was flat.

The man charged to make this all work was David Stockman, Reagan's budget director. Stockman's genius and mastery of numbers was matched only by his relatively young age, which earned him the title of "whiz kid."

But as early as August 1981, Stockman began having gnawing doubts about his budget. Computer simulations failed to project the tremendous growth he had predicted, and later he would admit to cooking the numbers, before selling the budget to Congress."

I'd like each conservative here to tell us what they would have done, had they been elected president and taken office on January 21st, 2009.

1. Your plan must bring the country out of recession and create millions of jobs.

2. Your plan must also balance the budget. No deficit spending allowed, since you guys rail against deficits now as they were the plague.

Ready?

Go!!!!
You guys all railed against deficit spending under a Republican President and Congress. Now it's just dandy! :lol:

Yeah, the old "So you think you can do better?" ploy. Let me know how that works out in making Obama look anything but the economic moron he is, okay?

Hey............Obamanomics has been nothing less than beautiful. The current generation of dummies is getting to see what happens when a radical liberal occupies the oval office......

Yeah.....we've heard THAT one, before......

853.gif

Where's our golden age?

So taking more money away from people and businesses laying off employees creates prosperity -- how, exactly? :confused:

Great article by economist Alan Meltzer. Many of us have said similar things here but it is nice to see it all put together in one well-argued, well written piece.
Allan Meltzer: Why Obamanomics Has Failed - WSJ.com

Wall Street Journal.....?????

Now, let's see. Who bought the WSJ? Oh year! It was Rupert, the owner of the GOP marketing company named FOX, which calls itself a news channel. Yeah, I am going to really believe his stuff...

I'd like each conservative here to tell us what they would have done, had they been elected president and taken office on January 21st, 2009.

1. Your plan must bring the country out of recession and create millions of jobs.

2. Your plan must also balance the budget. No deficit spending allowed, since you guys rail against deficits now as they were the plague.

Ready?

Go!!!!
You guys all railed against deficit spending under a Republican President and Congress. Now it's just dandy! :lol:

Yeah, the old "So you think you can do better?" ploy. Let me know how that works out in making Obama look anything but the economic moron he is, okay?

853.gif

Forum List

Back