Why Obamanomics Has Failed

Good article.

I wonder if OL'BO will read it and catch a clue??

Ain't holdin my breath.

Good article.

I wonder if OL'BO will read it and catch a clue??

Ain't holdin my breath.

I wonder if a single Lib in here will actual read it before they attack the poster :)

Notice not one left wing, democrat partisan sheep has responded.
Not one.

it is still early...give it some time and we'll have a few of the usual suspects come by to blame Bush, Cheney, Iraq, Al Qa'eda Haliburton et. al....:cuckoo:

Great article by economist Alan Meltzer. Many of us have said similar things here but it is nice to see it all put together in one well-argued, well written piece.
Allan Meltzer: Why Obamanomics Has Failed - WSJ.com

You are right - fantastic column that clearly outlines in simple terms the utter failure of this White House and Democrat Congress to understand basic principles of economics.

American business, both large and small, sits idle out of uncertain fear of what is coming next from this administration.

The real recipe for economic success is there - both Reagan and JFK initiated similar plans of reducing corporate and marginal tax rates to allow business the opportunity to expand, hire, and profit, and for people to then keep more of the money they earn and have enhanced opportunity to then invest and spend as they wish.

These Democrats - including Obama, have placed themselves in a corner because they have engaged in persistent anti-business rhetoric and calls for more taxes, not less. While half of Americans pay NO taxes, the Democrats continue to demand the higher income folks pay even MORE taxes.

The American economy is being stifled - and the American worker is suffering mightily because of it.

Obamanomics is failing all of us...

Last edited:
Great article by economist Alan Meltzer. Many of us have said similar things here but it is nice to see it all put together in one well-argued, well written piece.

You are right - fantastic column that clearly outlines in simple terms the utter failure of this White House and Democrat Congress to understand basic principles of economics.

American business, both large and small, sits idle out of uncertain fear of what is coming next from this administration.

The real recipe for economic success is there - both Reagan and JFK initiated similar plans of reducing corporate and marginal tax rates to allow business the opportunity to expand, hire, and profit.

These Democrats - including Obama, have placed themselves in a corner because they have engaged in persistent anti-business rhetoric and calls for more taxes, not less. While half of Americans pay NO taxes, the Democrats continue to demand the higher income folks pay even MORE taxes.

The American economy is being stifled - and the American worker is suffering mightily because of it.

Obamanomics are failing all of us...

When business, large and small, dumped all of the people into the unemployment lines, back in 2008 and early 2009, was it the government's fault then, too?

A great quote from the article:
___

That's what the U.S. needs now. Not major cuts in current spending, but a credible plan showing that authorities will not wait for a fiscal crisis but begin to act prudently and continue until deficits disappear, and the debt is below 60% of GDP. Rep. Paul Ryan (R., Wisc.) offered a plan, but the administration and Congress ignored it.

The country does not need more of the same. Successful leaders give the public reason to believe that they have a long-term program to bring a better tomorrow. Let's plan our way out of our explosive deficits and our hesitant and jobless recovery by reducing uncertainty and encouraging growth.
_____

The Obama White House and Democrat Congress have taken the opposite tact - blame America, blame Bush, blame the free market, blame big business, blame everyone and everything but themselves. There is too little hope and belief in the foundational strength of this nation from these far left neo-progressive liberals.

Obama is president of an institution he was taught to despise - and now we are seeing the results of the folly of electing such an example...

And another simple - yet absolutely correct observation from the WSJ article:
____

The Obama economic team ignored past history. The two most successful fiscal stimulus programs since World War II—under Kennedy-Johnson and Reagan—took the form of permanent reductions in corporate and marginal tax rates. Economist Arthur Okun, who had a major role in developing the Kennedy-Johnson program, later analyzed the effect of individual items. He concluded that corporate tax reduction was most effective.
_____

I beg to differ. The Hussein's plans for the economy are working just as planned, with the outcome he was hoping for. He doesn't want the US economy to rebound, he doesn't want US businesses hiring people. His plan to pay people money to produce nothing(unemployment benefits) is doing exactly what it was meant to do, prevent further economic growth.

When business, large and small, dumped all of the people into the unemployment lines, back in 2008 and early 2009, was it the government's fault then, too?

Translation = "it's all BUSH'S FAULT!!!"

This is not what I meant. I simply do NOT understand how government is NOT the problem during the collapse, but suddenly now IS the problem because businesses haven't rehired the hundred of thousands of people they laid off in late 08/early 09? Who can explain that?

Ain't to hard to figure there Yank.

There is uncertainty out there.

This administration and the Clowns in congress have already passed the HC bs. They are talking Crap and Trade carbon tax and the green agenda. They passed a huge stimulus that did nothing.

No business is going to rehire, new hire or expand until they can get a handle on how much more all this is going to cost them.

The admistraion seems to think that spending more is going to create jobs. This has never helped in the history of the US.

JFK and Reagan had it right. History proved that.

One would think the clowns in control now would read a little history. Find out what worked and go with it.

Ain't holdin my breath though.

Ain't to hard to figure there Yank.

There is uncertainty out there.

This administration and the Clowns in congress have already passed the HC bs. They are talking Crap and Trade carbon tax and the green agenda. They passed a huge stimulus that did nothing.

No business is going to rehire, new hire or expand until they can get a handle on how much more all this is going to cost them.

The admistraion seems to think that spending more is going to create jobs. This has never helped in the history of the US.

JFK and Reagan had it right. History proved that.

One would think the clowns in control now would read a little history. Find out what worked and go with it.

Ain't holdin my breath though.

So....why did the businesses throw so many thousands of Americans into the unemployment lines under Bush? Was THAT the government's fault too?

Forum List

Back