Why Obama?

A successful Iraq will inevitably form an alliance with Iran. Iran is destined to become a satellite state of Iran.... it is only a matter of when and not if, IMHO

I disagree. Iraq is destined to be the battleground between the Sunni and Shia, and borders are going to mean little to nothing.

If McCain gets in, the U.S. will lose more taxes on the Iraq war, America will lose more sons and daughters and America will continue to lose respect from other countries, and self respect for their own Government.

Hopefully, if Obama wins, then he will be able to bring Iraq to a close, and start rebuilding lives in America. Even here in the U.K. we have seen the reports on U.S. families forced out of homes and now living in virtual squalor in mass-caravan parks with little food,money or hope. Having studied economics, the U.S. economy has been built up on defense and wars for decades.

President Eisenhower said,
"We face a hostile ideology global in scope, atheistic in character, ruthless in purpose and insidious in method..." and warned about what he saw as unjustified government spending proposals and continued with a warning that "we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex... Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together."

In today's America, defense spending has increased far past reasonable necessity, and only the ruthless profit from Iraq- not Iraqis but the industrialists and defense industries.

Dude, DO wake up. It doesn't matter WHO gets in. Obama is the only one that will even try to pull troops out, and if he is successful, cool. The backlash from Vietnam the left has suffered would just be rejuvinated. That equates to 3 Presidential terms since 1968.

Works for me.

Thus why I started my thread about hoping for a Repub win. Thank you for confirming the neocon mindset...:cool:

I don't know anything about a neocon mindset. Is all you "lefties" know how to do is toss around labels when it's quite obvious they're misplaced?

The mindset of AMERICANS is they will not tolerate a loser, nor the person or persons who precipitated that loss. You look at ANY and ALL polls on the topic. Yanking our troops out of Iraq is the desire of an extreme minority. Even those who don't agree with or flat out oppose the war that are capable of rational thought want it brought to a satisfactory conclusion.

This nation succumbed to the pressure of extreme left wing radicals once and when the silent majority woke up to what had actually happened, the Dems got tossed on their ears for embracing the radicals.

It appears all they learned from their error the first time is to not blame the troops. They didn't learn the part where their politics are more important than this nation is what kept them outside looking in.

1. He is the strongest Anti-Iraqwar candidate.

2. I prefer his universal healthcare plan to Clinton's, and McCain doesn't even have one.

3. He has garnered the respect from both parties in just his short time as a Senator. Can't say the same for Clinton or McCain.

4. He had the wisdom to oppose the war from the start.

5. He pushes for more transparency in federal government, which is a far cry from the other's, and especially far from the bush presidency fiasco.

6. He wants to bolster our education system, and seems to be the only candidate with a solid idea for improving it.

7. His charisma and personality will be a valuable tool in international relations. We have a lot of repairing to do, and I see him as the best person to do so. He's also shown a great bit of knowledge of foreign relations.

8. I think he's the most well-rounded candidate.

Damn. You campaigning for McCain, or what?:cuckoo:

I disagree. Iraq is destined to be the battleground between the Sunni and Shia, and borders are going to mean little to nothing.

IMHO...The sunni will not chose that hill upon which to die. I can imagine they will let the shia have Iraq and not one bit more....where else can they go? Syria's alawites aren't going to let them through to the minority of shia in Lebanon. Their expansion starts and stops in Iraq.

IMHO...The sunni will not chose that hill upon which to die. I can imagine they will let the shia have Iraq and not one bit more....where else can they go? Syria's alawites aren't going to let them through to the minority of shia in Lebanon. Their expansion starts and stops in Iraq.

I don't see them giving even that much. They want a chunk of Iraq like the rest of the players.

Besides, the cold hard fact is, no matter who is elected President, we aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Even IF Obama is elected, and even IF he dumb enough to try, I don't think Congress will support him. There are enough Democrats in Congress that realize the political consequences of such an action.

I don't see them giving even that much. They want a chunk of Iraq like the rest of the players.

Besides, the cold hard fact is, no matter who is elected President, we aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Even IF Obama is elected, and even IF he dumb enough to try, I don't think Congress will support him. There are enough Democrats in Congress that realize the political consequences of such an action.

and they may end up with the western chunk...but it ain't gonna be "Iraq" anymore. "Iraq" - that silly fake country constructed by europeans after the fall of the Ottoman empire - has no future as a multi-ethnic Jeffersonian democracy. George Bush's grand neocon PNAC vision was totally fucked up from day one. The only way anything will "survive" there will be if the sunnis agree to suck hind tit in a shi'ite dominated country, or they partition the territory into three new countries and call it good.

If McCain gets in, the U.S. will lose more taxes on the Iraq war, America will lose more sons and daughters and America will continue to lose respect from other countries, and self respect for their own Government.

Hopefully, if Obama wins, then he will be able to bring Iraq to a close, and start rebuilding lives in America. Even here in the U.K. we have seen the reports on U.S. families forced out of homes and now living in virtual squalor in mass-caravan parks with little food,money or hope. Having studied economics, the U.S. economy has been built up on defense and wars for decades.

President Eisenhower said,
"We face a hostile ideology global in scope, atheistic in character, ruthless in purpose and insidious in method..." and warned about what he saw as unjustified government spending proposals and continued with a warning that "we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex... Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together."

In today's America, defense spending has increased far past reasonable necessity, and only the ruthless profit from Iraq- not Iraqis but the industrialists and defense industries.

LOL get a clue, we spend very little on defense.

If people want to stop the war just stop buying gas, or go to places like Flying J. Where the gas comes from the USA and Canada. Or go to the white house and picket there until Bush stops allowing the ones we are at war with from selling gas in the USA. Or my favorite screw bush go electric.

[/QUOTE] Hopefully, if Obama wins, then he will be able to bring Iraq to a close, and start rebuilding lives in America. Even here in the U.K. we have seen the reports on U.S. families forced out of homes and now living in virtual squalor in mass-caravan parks with little food,money or hope. Having studied economics, the U.S. economy has been built up on defense and wars for decades.[/QUOTE]

Ya! lets all vote for a racist. If we are going to back some one maybe we should look at everything written that he says, and hear everything that he says, and if we disagree we should examine everything to discredit it. As in life we study the enemy to find the weakness. So is true in favor of the one we stand for, because he is a reflection of what we stand for.

Does Barack Obama belong to a cult?
[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=VP9SBZxCo9Q&feature=related[/ame]

Jeremiah Wright, Obama and United Church of Christ
[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=0FUnBi1i90E&feature=related[/ame]

Where do you get your information? I don't know anyone that has respect for our Government. Our Government is taking us straight to H---. If people want to stop the war just stop buying gas, or go to places like Flying J. Where the gas comes from the USA and Canada. Or go to the white house and picket there until Bush stops allowing the ones we are at war with from selling gas in the USA. Or my favorite screw bush go electric.

Ya! lets all vote for a racist. If we are going to back some one maybe we should look at everything written that he says, and hear everything that he says, and if we disagree we should examine everything to discredit it. As in life we study the enemy to find the weakness. So is true in favor of the one we stand for, because he is a reflection of what we stand for.

Does Barack Obama belong to a cult?
[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=VP9SBZxCo9Q&feature=related[/ame]

Jeremiah Wright, Obama and United Church of Christ
[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=0FUnBi1i90E&feature=related[/ame]

No one's going to withdraw troops until the Iraq government can handle its own crap. If it were to happen, it will be political suicide for the party that does it.

We pulled out of Vietnam and where was the great communist domino rumble?

We will pull out even under McCain is the people and polls go strongly enough against it.

Obama is a better speaker than George not only in style but in content. And yes most great leaders are also inspiring leaders.,

No one who is in the Macaca crowd will actually go check what his record his, but they will still worshit at the altar of Bush.

If we had continued with the CAFE standards of the 70s we would be far less dependent on the middle east today. 60 miles to the gallon would probably be the mark today.

We can still start making the US more energy inependent, but we won't as long as there is big profits for the likes of Enron, and all the Cheney cronies.

There is a lot of energy in wind, water, thermal and the fukking sun. Future conservatives will wonder what the hell people like Bush were thinking.

The liberals will know he was a crook and his prison records will prove it.:clap2:

Obama in 08 and 12

We pulled out of Vietnam and where was the great communist domino rumble?

We will pull out even under McCain is the people and polls go strongly enough against it.

Obama is a better speaker than George not only in style but in content. And yes most great leaders are also inspiring leaders.,

No one who is in the Macaca crowd will actually go check what his record his, but they will still worshit at the altar of Bush.

If we had continued with the CAFE standards of the 70s we would be far less dependent on the middle east today. 60 miles to the gallon would probably be the mark today.

We can still start making the US more energy inependent, but we won't as long as there is big profits for the likes of Enron, and all the Cheney cronies.

There is a lot of energy in wind, water, thermal and the fukking sun. Future conservatives will wonder what the hell people like Bush were thinking.

The liberals will know he was a crook and his prison records will prove it.:clap2:

Obama in 08 and 12

:clap2: Another thoughtless post.....yeah!!!

New Topics

Forum List

Back