Why Obama really should not be re-elected

I agree that most of the media leans left and is in the bag for Obama even more than they're usually in the bag for a Democrat.

However:
  • The media can't hide the 8+ percent unemployment rate
  • The media can't hide the higher underemployment rate
  • The media can't hide the fact that the economy is frozen
  • The media can't hide the fact that people are very, very worried
  • The media can't hide the fact that the Middle East is in flames
  • The media can't hide the fact that race relations are bad and getting worse
Why isn't Romney up by 20? The GOP needs to come to terms with the facts that the public doesn't like Romney, nor the fact that we don't like the way the party is so controlled by the hard right. There are too many in the party who are simply blinded by their ideology. Making it far worse, of course, is the absolutist rhetoric by the division pimps like Limbaugh, Levin and Hannity, all of whom have a vested interest in keeping their constituents absolutists themselves.

Deny it all you want, but denial doesn't help the party. Given the above-listed problems that are quite clear to all, the GOP should be coasting.

With all due respect, Mac...the GOP has to deal with a main stream media that you readily admit is "in the bag" for Obama. If it were a Republican that had done the things that you list any press conference given by that Republican President would resemble a pack of starving dogs fighting over raw meat. Yet you listen to an Obama press conference and you'd think unemployment was at 4%, gas was back at $1.85, the budget was balanced and Barry had convinced the Iranians to give up nukes for solar power.

Mitt Romney is a moderate Republican who's never been anything BUT a success his entire life...understands businesses, how to create jobs and has a proven record of working with Democrats not against them. Yet "HE" is portrayed by the main stream media as either extreme or unproven. It's a joke. It was a joke when they went in the tank for Obama over Hilary Clinton and it's a joke now. Obama does NOT have the chops to do the job! Why on earth are we even debating giving him another four years to prove that?

Well, one reason is that a lot of the points that you and other haters of this President give, are themselves debatable. They're being debated, after all.

Oh, for God's sake...I don't "hate" Barack Obama. I simply see him for what he is...someone who was never qualified for the job as President in the first place...a job he got because the main stream media decided that he was the greatest thing since sliced bread without an in depth examination of who and what he was and more importantly what he had accomplished since leaving Harvard Law School.

I've asked this question so many times and progressives repeatedly either ignore it or flat out run from it...what exceptional thing did Barack Obama accomplish either as a lawyer, or as a college lecturer or as a legislator that should have made him our pick for President of the United States?

I'm still baffled by how such an unremarkable individual ended up in the Oval Office. It's the Peter Principle taken to an extreme and now we have someone running the show at one of the most crucial periods of our existence and he doesn't have a clue what he's doing.

Obama is about to be re-elected because the GOP can't get its act together. The far right hangs around the party's collective neck like a mill stone. The polls aren't rigged. But the far right is rigged, from Sean and Glenn and Rush to the bozos on this board who care nothing for America, only for power and victory.

We should beat Obama by 15 points this time. We may well lose by three to five, because of the far right, nothing else.

The American public is scared of the far right, more than it is dissatisfied with Obama.

With all due respect, Mac...the GOP has to deal with a main stream media that you readily admit is "in the bag" for Obama. If it were a Republican that had done the things that you list any press conference given by that Republican President would resemble a pack of starving dogs fighting over raw meat. Yet you listen to an Obama press conference and you'd think unemployment was at 4%, gas was back at $1.85, the budget was balanced and Barry had convinced the Iranians to give up nukes for solar power.

Mitt Romney is a moderate Republican who's never been anything BUT a success his entire life...understands businesses, how to create jobs and has a proven record of working with Democrats not against them. Yet "HE" is portrayed by the main stream media as either extreme or unproven. It's a joke. It was a joke when they went in the tank for Obama over Hilary Clinton and it's a joke now. Obama does NOT have the chops to do the job! Why on earth are we even debating giving him another four years to prove that?

Well, one reason is that a lot of the points that you and other haters of this President give, are themselves debatable. They're being debated, after all.

Can't argue with much of that, so let's say for argument's sake that it's all correct. Two significant problems still remain:

First, the guy just isn't a very likeable character. I've seen him described here as "smarmy", and I have to admit that one kind of stuck with me. Plus, so close to the meltdown, it's easy as hell to paint him (true or not) as a big, shining example of the kind of person that put us here (and I'm someone who doesn't put all the blame on "Wall Street"). Whether we like it or not, image plays a huge freakin' role now, and it has since the first televised presidential debates, Kennedy vs. Nixon. His image just ain't good, especially compared to Obama's "cool".

Second, I think there are many voters who are simply not convinced that the GOP has the answers either. Whether or not you agree with the pitch "why vote for the guys who put us here in the first place", it undoubtedly resonates with at least some reasonable people. My guess is, given that notion, many independents will give Obama enough time to get the economy up and running. If they had a decent excuse to vote Obama out, they would, but I suspect they just don't see one. I think people know that "different" doesn't always mean "better".

As far as the press in concerned, I've seen a lot of Republican politicos say "well, not much we can do about it, it is what it is, we'll just do what we can." Don't blame 'em there, probably a good idea.

Mitt Romney is a freaking Boy Scout, Mac...the guy is so squeaky clean it's scary yet he has to defend his "image" against repeated attacks instead of simply presenting why his vision for the country going forward is better than Barack Obama's. I mean come on...when Mitt Romney was in his early twenties he was suddenly thrown into overseeing an entire missionary group in a foreign country because of a tragic car accident that killed the wife of the man who should have been leading that group. Romney even at that young age stepped up and performed exceptionally. The guy is a LEADER.

Now contrast that with what Barack Obama was doing in HIS early twenties.

One man was doing the kind of things that makes you QUALIFIED to be a CEO or President someday...the other was doing the kind of things that gets you a bit role in a Cheech & Chong movie.

Take any part of Mitt Romney's life and compare it with Barack Obama's and it's laughable. You don't become leader of the Free World because you were elected the first black President of the Harvard Law Review twenty years ago and then did nothing exceptional for the rest of your adult life. You've got to have some SUBSTANCE for that job and I'm sorry but Barack Obama is MOSTLY image and very little substance.

The cuts are:

Ending the massive subsidy (kickback) to insurance compnies

Cracking down on medicare and medicaid fraud

Setting spending caps on providers.

This has saved over 700 billion. It did not cost over 700 billion.

Please stop with the lame propaganda.

obama's plan if you can call it that is based on raising taxes. What happens when those who pay more and more in taxes decide to pack up and take their money with them? Where will obama come up with the money to pay for all his welfare programs?

Obama is about to be re-elected because the GOP can't get its act together. The far right hangs around the party's collective neck like a mill stone. The polls aren't rigged. But the far right is rigged, from Sean and Glenn and Rush to the bozos on this board who care nothing for America, only for power and victory.

We should beat Obama by 15 points this time. We may well lose by three to five, because of the far right, nothing else.

The American public is scared of the far right, more than it is dissatisfied with Obama.

What the heck is "far right" about Mitt Romney? He was the most moderate Republican candidate running this time. Statements like that baffle me.

I never take this stuff personal
BHO has no plan
He added 4-500 billion to the baseline budget in 2009 and has allowed it to rise 6% each year there after
He has no plan to that I am aware of that any-one has taken seriously in regards to that issue

His Tax policy is, well he has none. Lowering the payroll tax was not the worst of ideas but my god that's it? lets just go back to Clinton's rate in the middle of this mess?

Jobs? zero and the numbers prove that

We have so many ways to create wealth and jobs through the oil and gas alone. Without those states who are still drilling and refining his job record would be worse than it is. Those sectors have created in reality all 200,000 jobs since 2009 (that is sad)

The attacks on the embassies and the killing of American's at those Embassies has proved that not only is he out of touch, but he will also lie about an attack on 9-11-2012 that according to him had nothing to do with the attack on 9-11 2002

It just happened?

These are not personal attacks. I dis agree with our president and his policies all most 100% of the time.
But Policies?

He has none

He is GWB on steroids
take away the steroids and re-do the health care plan one step at a time and I would vote for him
The 2007 budget was it
it worked
GWB tax policy (I am a sales tax supporter, VAT if you will) is fine except for the amount corporations pay (to hi, BTW corporations pay 0 in tax)

The past 4 years BHO has done nothing but put a health care plan in place that he lied to the American people to get and add 1.5 to 2 trillion dollars to the amount of wealth we borrow to pay our bills

That is it.

Why would any-one re elect this person?

You must offer those who wish to remove a given president from office a viable alternative – which the GOP has failed to do.

Blind partisans on the right, such as the OP, are indeed oblivious to this fact.
Nice of you not to defend obamaturd and basically agree with the op. The republicans have provided a viable option, Romney, who is a lot better then the fool in office now.

I agree that most of the media leans left and is in the bag for Obama even more than they're usually in the bag for a Democrat.

However:
  • The media can't hide the 8+ percent unemployment rate
  • The media can't hide the higher underemployment rate
  • The media can't hide the fact that the economy is frozen
  • The media can't hide the fact that people are very, very worried
  • The media can't hide the fact that the Middle East is in flames
  • The media can't hide the fact that race relations are bad and getting worse
Why isn't Romney up by 20? The GOP needs to come to terms with the facts that the public doesn't like Romney, nor the fact that we don't like the way the party is so controlled by the hard right. There are too many in the party who are simply blinded by their ideology. Making it far worse, of course, is the absolutist rhetoric by the division pimps like Limbaugh, Levin and Hannity, all of whom have a vested interest in keeping their constituents absolutists themselves.

Deny it all you want, but denial doesn't help the party. Given the above-listed problems that are quite clear to all, the GOP should be coasting.

Like most blind partisans you completely miss the point of the post you quote and demonstrate a comprehensive ignorance as to the reality of American presidential elections.

It remains an ancient truism: “voters will not vote for someone they don’t like.”

And this truism has frustrated democrats as well as republicans over the decades, most recently in 2004.

Like most blind partisans

what the fuck are you?....:eusa_eh:

What point used against the president is more deteable then you little signature sign? YOU want it to be detestable but the complaints against the failure in the WH is anything but. YOU would love to make it about race because Obama has failed in everything he has touched. He should be way ahead just because he has the bully pulpit. To claim that Romney should be ahead is a crock of BS.

It’s this idiotic and partisan hyperbole that completely undermines the conservative ‘argument,’ as it simply isn’t true.

BHO has no plan
He added 4-500 billion to the baseline budget in 2009 and has allowed it to rise 6% each year there after
He has no plan to that I am aware of that any-one has taken seriously in regards to that issue

His Tax policy is, well he has none. Lowering the payroll tax was not the worst of ideas but my god that's it? lets just go back to Clinton's rate in the middle of this mess?

We have so many ways to create wealth and jobs through the oil and gas alone. Without those states who are still drilling and refining his job record would be worse than it is. Those sectors have created in reality all 200,000 jobs since 2009 (that is sad)

The attacks on the embassies and the killing of American's at those Embassies has proved that not only is he out of touch, but he will also lie about an attack on 9-11-2012 that according to him had nothing to do with the attack on 9-11 2002

It just happened?

These are not personal attacks. I dis agree with our president and his policies all most 100% of the time.
But Policies?

He has none

He is GWB on steroids
take away the steroids and re-do the health care plan one step at a time and I would vote for him
The 2007 budget was it
it worked
GWB tax policy (I am a sales tax supporter, VAT if you will) is fine except for the amount corporations pay (to hi, BTW corporations pay 0 in tax)

The past 4 years BHO has done nothing but put a health care plan in place that he lied to the American people to get and add 1.5 to 2 trillion dollars to the amount of wealth we borrow to pay our bills

That is it.

Bush had 2 unfunded wars that found no WMDs in Iraq and a Medicare Part D program that was unfunded. Obama has had the displeasure of paying for Bush's excess.

Why would anyone want to go back to Bush's failed policies in the form of Romney?

What the heck is "far right" about Mitt Romney? He was the most moderate Republican candidate running this time. Statements like that baffle me.

No he's blaming the far right if Romney loses. I will be so glad when he loses his internet access the fucking troll. Anyone who is right of Rachel maddow is far right in jakes mind.
If the GOP loses it will be because they nominated a mirror image of obama.

Oh, for God's sake...I don't "hate" Barack Obama. I simply see him for what he is...someone who was never qualified for the job as President in the first place...a job he got because the main stream media decided that he was the greatest thing since sliced bread without an in depth examination of who and what he was and more importantly what he had accomplished since leaving Harvard Law School.

I've asked this question so many times and progressives repeatedly either ignore it or flat out run from it...what exceptional thing did Barack Obama accomplish either as a lawyer, or as a college lecturer or as a legislator that should have made him our pick for President of the United States?

I'm still baffled by how such an unremarkable individual ended up in the Oval Office. It's the Peter Principle taken to an extreme and now we have someone running the show at one of the most crucial periods of our existence and he doesn't have a clue what he's doing.

He didn't do anything more or less remarkable than the last guy or the guy before him before becoming Prez. He also wasn't - and isn't - the guy he was being smeared as during his first election, either. He also hasn't done a bad job as POTUS so far.

Thankfully, I'm far from the only one who holds that view. :)

Can't argue with much of that, so let's say for argument's sake that it's all correct. Two significant problems still remain:

First, the guy just isn't a very likeable character. I've seen him described here as "smarmy", and I have to admit that one kind of stuck with me. Plus, so close to the meltdown, it's easy as hell to paint him (true or not) as a big, shining example of the kind of person that put us here (and I'm someone who doesn't put all the blame on "Wall Street"). Whether we like it or not, image plays a huge freakin' role now, and it has since the first televised presidential debates, Kennedy vs. Nixon. His image just ain't good, especially compared to Obama's "cool".

Second, I think there are many voters who are simply not convinced that the GOP has the answers either. Whether or not you agree with the pitch "why vote for the guys who put us here in the first place", it undoubtedly resonates with at least some reasonable people. My guess is, given that notion, many independents will give Obama enough time to get the economy up and running. If they had a decent excuse to vote Obama out, they would, but I suspect they just don't see one. I think people know that "different" doesn't always mean "better".

As far as the press in concerned, I've seen a lot of Republican politicos say "well, not much we can do about it, it is what it is, we'll just do what we can." Don't blame 'em there, probably a good idea.

Mitt Romney is a freaking Boy Scout, Mac...the guy is so squeaky clean it's scary yet he has to defend his "image" against repeated attacks instead of simply presenting why his vision for the country going forward is better than Barack Obama's. I mean come on...when Mitt Romney was in his early twenties he was suddenly thrown into overseeing an entire missionary group in a foreign country because of a tragic car accident that killed the wife of the man who should have been leading that group. Romney even at that young age stepped up and performed exceptionally. The guy is a LEADER.

One man was doing the kind of things that makes you QUALIFIED to be a CEO or President someday...the other was doing the kind of things that gets you a bit role in a Cheech & Chong movie.

Take any part of Mitt Romney's life and compare it with Barack Obama's and it's laughable. You don't become leader of the Free World because you were elected the first black President of the Harvard Law Review twenty years ago and then did nothing exceptional for the rest of your adult life. You've got to have some SUBSTANCE for that job and I'm sorry but Barack Obama is MOSTLY image and very little substance.

And that's precisely the point I made. Politics is now all about image - sound bites, coolness factor, likeability factor, speaking ability, cult of personality, etc., etc. I sure as hell don't like it either, but that's where we are right now, and that's why Romney isn't beating Obama. Between his profession, his religion, his sqeaky clean image, his rigidity -- all of it -- his image is hurting him.

That, plus the fact that the hard right's image ain't that great, either.

BHO has no plan

It just happened?

But Policies?

He has none

He is GWB on steroids
The 2007 budget was it
it worked

That is it.

If the legislature isn't passing any budgets, why are you blaming the president for the budgets?

And that's precisely the point I made. Politics is now all about image - sound bites, coolness factor, likeability factor, speaking ability, cult of personality, etc., etc. I sure as hell don't like it either, but that's where we are right now, and that's why Romney isn't beating Obama. Between his profession, his religion, his sqeaky clean image, his rigidity -- all of it -- his image is hurting him.

That, plus the fact that the hard right's image ain't that great, either.

What the fuck is wrong with you people? You'd seriously go with image, sound bites and coolness factor over competence? I want someone who can fix things and after four years of 8% unemployment, $4 a gallon gas, 1.5% GDP growth, trillion dollar a year deficits, Solyndra, Fast & Furious, our first credit downgrade in the nation's history, and worrying more about not offending Muslims than giving the American people the truth it's obvious that Barack Obama is not competent.

What's worse, Mac...is that I think you KNOW that and yet you're going to vote for him again.

BHO has no plan

It just happened?

But Policies?

He has none

He is GWB on steroids
The 2007 budget was it
it worked

That is it.

If the legislature isn't passing any budgets, why are you blaming the president for the budgets?

Who is leading this country? Is it Congress or is it the President of the United States? When is Barack Obama going to get off his bony ass and DO SOMETHING? Does he even understand the concept of leadership? Quite frankly I haven't seen it. REAL leaders don't make excuses why things aren't getting done and they certainly don't blame the guy who came before them FOUR YEARS AGO!!!

You’ve likely not received an answer because the question is inane; there is nothing in the Constitution that requires a potential president to have done something ‘exceptional.’ A voter may use that criterion as a reason to vote for someone as president, or not.

Those who voted for Obama likely did so because they approved of his agenda, agreed with him on a number of policy issues, and didn’t want his opponent to become president – All legitimate reasons, none requiring something ‘exceptional.’

The source of your confusion is likely partisan, if Obama were a republican you’d consider him perfectly qualified. And Obama has indeed demonstrated time and again during his first term he indeed knows what he’s doing. That you don’t approve of what he’s doing is not evidence to the contrary.

You’ve likely not received an answer because the question is inane; there is nothing in the Constitution that requires a potential president to have done something ‘exceptional.’ A voter may use that criterion as a reason to vote for someone as president, or not.

Those who voted for Obama likely did so because they approved of his agenda, agreed with him on a number of policy issues, and didn’t want his opponent to become president – All legitimate reasons, none requiring something ‘exceptional.’

The source of your confusion is likely partisan, if Obama were a republican you’d consider him perfectly qualified. And Obama has indeed demonstrated time and again during his first term he indeed knows what he’s doing. That you don’t approve of what he’s doing is not evidence to the contrary.

I'm quite aware that it doesn't violate the Constitution to have an unexceptional person sitting in the Oval Office, Clayton...I'm simply asking why we the voters would want that?

As for what the people agreed with when they elected Barack Obama? I think it's obvious from the bitch slap he got from the electorate during the 2010 Mid-terms that most Americans DIDN'T agree with the agenda they ended up getting from Barry.

The truth is...we got a vague promise for "Hope & Change" and little else from this man. He's great at "vague"...it's the actual day to day doing the job that Barack Obama struggles with.

Last edited:
I suspect the electorate won't be quite as dumb and misguided this election - as they were in 2010. Hopefully the teabagger reign of terror is coming to an end.

I suspect the electorate won't be quite as dumb and misguided this election - as they were in 2010. Hopefully the teabagger reign of terror is coming to an end.

We need to win big to shut you and the rest of the libturds the fuck up. Your reign of terror will end.

We need to win big to shut you and the rest of the libturds the fuck up. Your reign of terror will end.

Jesus H. Christ, we suffered the reign of terror of Bush for EIGHT fucking years and the past TWO years of OBSTRUCTION from teabagger NaziCons under Obama. So, bend over and take it like a good rebel.

deliverance.gif

Forum List

Back