Why Obama isn't the man for the White House

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
Why Obama isn't the man for the White House

Taxes. During the last presidential debate with GOP opponent John McCain, Obama repeatedly claimed that under his plan, the rich would pay "a little more" in taxes.

A little more? Obama has proposed increasing the top tax rate to 39.6 percent from 35 percent. He also has talked about extending Social Security taxes on those with incomes above $250,000. The Tax Policy Center noted that if Obama carried through on the idea, which is not included in his official plan, "the proposal could raise effective tax rates on labor income for high earners above 52 percent (and more than 55 percent for residents of states with high income taxes such as California)."

Results don't matter. Obama served on the board of directors of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge from 1995 to 2002. The challenge spent some $49 million to reform Chicago public schools - with nothing to show for it. According to 2003 audit, "There were no statistically significant differences between Annenberg schools and non-Annenberg schools in rates of achievement gain."

How can you even consider palin a president. You can't be an educated voter. Or you must not realize how important this job is.

I'll live if mccain is president. I just think he won't fix what's wrong because the gop doesn't think anything is wrong. Not until this year, because its an election year.. So if you liked how things were from 2003 to 2007, then vote for mccain.

Can your job go overseas? Have you got a cost of living raise? Do you like your health coverage? How's business if you own one? And what about your 401k?

And if you're fine, consider the people around you.

The gop told ppl that lost their jobs or don't make enough to go get retrained. That is impossible for everyone at the bottom to do.

After all this inflation, the gop didn't even want to raise minimum wage. Do you think thy care about us?

These attacks on Obama get lamer and lamer.

McCain can't even run a campaign.

How could he run something as complex as the federal government?

"Joe the Plumber is with us today. Stand up Joe! ......Joe?....Joe? Well.....you're all Joe the Plumber, so stand up!"

Talk about a senior moment...

These attacks on Obama get lamer and lamer.

McCain can't even run a campaign.

How could he run something as complex as the federal government?

"Joe the Plumber is with us today. Stand up Joe! ......Joe?....Joe? Well.....you're all Joe the Plumber, so stand up!"

Talk about a senior moment...

Joe is the new WMD. We must invade the sewers to find Joe!

Joe is the new WMD. We must invade the sewers to find Joe!

You would think he was with the way the press attacked him for the question he asked. Sheesh we know more about Joe the Plumber than we do Obama's childhood friends. It is a sad day in America when we know more about a man asking a question of a candidate then we do the candidate himself. If this were anyone else we would know the name of his coke dealer and the hour he did his last bump. We almost know that about Joe, but the press in its infinite wisdom seems to feel that vetting Obama is a bad thing or perhaps even racist. And no one finds this strange? That Joes life was shredded -- aman not running for president but Obama's sits back seemingly without worry?

CaféAuLait;870497 said:
Sheesh we know more about Joe the Plumber than we do Obama's childhood friends.

I completely agree. I want to know who Obama shared his toys with. They are all fucking communists. I want names. NAMES!

I completely agree. I want to know who Obama shared his toys with. They are all fucking communists. I want names. NAMES!

LOL I admit that came out wrong-- I meant we know more about his past, as they had already interviwewd Palin's childhood friends and friends. What 8 of them now?

CaféAuLait;870413 said:

He needs to raise the cap on social security from $102k to infinity. Once your income passes $102k, you don't pay no more social security (only below $102k x percentage). How about we raise that sucker to beyond (unlimited) and everyone pays no matter what income you are in. That means Warren Buffet would pay more on social security since he isn't limited to whatever amount that currently exist. Is it fair that someone making $1 million only has 10% of his income affected by the FICA taxes? If you make below $102k, all is accounted for FICA. Why stop at $102k.

Last edited:
Educated voter would realize Palin and Obama have something in common, neither are qualified to be president or fix it. Words can't fix problems. Action can. And from each of the candidates, i hear words. I look for actions he or she has done. All i get is words. "We can do it." "I can fix the problems." "My plan does this." "Last eight years, next four years..." It's like LeBron James talking about being a champion. Winning the title. How he is going to lead a team to the championship. And yet he hasn't delivered it before. What makes us believe he's going to deliver it later.

How can you even consider palin a president. You can't be an educated voter. Or you must not realize how important this job is.

I'll live if mccain is president. I just think he won't fix what's wrong because the gop doesn't think anything is wrong. Not until this year, because its an election year.. So if you liked how things were from 2003 to 2007, then vote for mccain.

Can your job go overseas? Have you got a cost of living raise? Do you like your health coverage? How's business if you own one? And what about your 401k?

And if you're fine, consider the people around you.

The gop told ppl that lost their jobs or don't make enough to go get retrained. That is impossible for everyone at the bottom to do.

After all this inflation, the gop didn't even want to raise minimum wage. Do you think thy care about us?

Dropping taxes on the superrich didn't help our nation one god damned bit.

In fact it actually made things worse.

Dropping taxes on the superrich didn't help our nation one god damned bit.

In fact it actually made things worse.

ExxonMobile made record profit the other day. Record profit. While we're paying record prices at the pump, Exxon is making record profit. And McCain wants to give them a tax cut.

That's what's wrong with McCain's economic plans.

Educated voter would realize Palin and Obama have something in common, neither are qualified to be president or fix it. Words can't fix problems. Action can. And from each of the candidates, i hear words. I look for actions he or she has done. All i get is words. "We can do it." "I can fix the problems." "My plan does this." "Last eight years, next four years..." It's like LeBron James talking about being a champion. Winning the title. How he is going to lead a team to the championship. And yet he hasn't delivered it before. What makes us believe he's going to deliver it later.

What a fucking joke. We decided Obama is our nominee, not Hillary. Not Biden, Richardson, Edwards.... We picked Obama, based on his experience and talents.

You didn't pick Palin. Hell, John McCain didn't even pick Palin.

And MOST of America understands she is a fucking joke. She will never run for president on her own.

You are jealous of Obama.

And Labron is the best player in the league. He can talk about winning, because he is a winner and will win.

Last thing. McCain said, "I know how to fix the economy". He also said, "I know how to get Bin Ladin". Do you remember those rediculous comments at one of McCain's rallies? Those are two big fat lies.

You are rediculous. You Republicans can spin anything. You thought Palin would fly because Obama doesn't have a lot of experience. You should have vetted her better.

This is a perfect example of how Republicans lead. Your party and your ticket is a fucking mess! I love it, but your stupidity irritates me a little. Oh well, just wait till Tuesday dingbat.

ExxonMobile made record profit the other day. Record profit. While we're paying record prices at the pump, Exxon is making record profit. And McCain wants to give them a tax cut.

That's what's wrong with McCain's economic plans.

actually we are paying less for gas than we were the same time last year

U.S. Retail Gasoline Prices

you will notice that last Oct. 27 in New England gas was $2.64 a gallon. This very morning I filled up for $2.37 a gallon

so much for your record high gas prices.

Forum List

Back