Why Obama is wrong when he says business needs the government

Rottweiler, you know what helps your business? The fact that no one can steal your shit.

Who enforces intellectual and physical property rights?

Wrong. Companies with that type of issue hire security. Intellectual and property rights are enforced by the company's legal team.

no, intellectual and private property rights are enforced by the courts.

The legal teams at companies turn to the courts to request enforcement - that's why the company itself doesn't decide the penalty. the enforcer does -and that's the courts.

It's astounding the lengths people will go to in order to deny the obvious.

Let's see, we took money out of the economy to pay for a road. Then we took more money out to maintain the road. Now we need to take more money out of the economy to pay for (not a road)...

Rottweiler, you know what helps your business? The fact that no one can steal your shit.

Wrong. Companies with that type of issue hire security. Intellectual and property rights are enforced by the company's legal team.

A legal team does not exist without government enforcement of laws. Neither does your private security

Let's see, we took money out of the economy to pay for a road. Then we took more money out to maintain the road. Now we need to take more money out of the economy to pay for (not a road)...

Took money out of the economy? That would come as quite a surprise to all of the companies that paid suppliers and employees to build the road.

Took money out of the economy...lol.

The legal teams at companies turn to the courts to request enforcement - that's why the company itself doesn't decide the penalty. the enforcer does -and that's the courts.

Nope, unless the company chooses to protect its rights, the court doesn't do anything. You even admitted that. The court is available for any type of litigation, ocassionally, its a case like you mention. Tell me again why I should have to pay more for a court I might not even use? Wasn't it already available?

Took money out of the economy? That would come as quite a surprise to all of the companies that paid suppliers and employees to build the road.

Yes, it comes as no surprise to me you don't understand where a tax dollar comes from or economics.

A legal team does not exist without government enforcement of laws. Neither does your private security

Probably one of the least intelligent things I've ever heard you say RW. You're way better than that most days. Try again.

Nope, unless the company chooses to protect its rights, the court doesn't do anything. You even admitted that. The court is available for any type of litigation, ocassionally, its a case like you mention. Tell me again why I should have to pay more for a court I might not even use? Wasn't it already available?

So are you admitting I'm right or trying to spin? Do courts enforce private property rights, Saveliberty? A simple yes or no will suffice.

Yes, it comes as no surprise to me you don't understand where a tax dollar comes from or economics.
I have a passing familiarity with economics. Now let's do a scenario:

I earn a dollar. I give part of that dollar to you. You take that part and hire a contractor to build "
X".

I earn a dollar. I give part of that dollar to someone else. They take that part and hire a contractor to build "X".

Please explain how the second one is taking money "out of the economy".

So are you admitting I'm right or trying to spin? Do courts enforce private property rights, Saveliberty? A simple yes or no will suffice.

You really don't get it. The court is already being paid for. Why the need for me to pay more, for the sole reason my business is successful? This is a penalty for success.

You really don't get it. The court is already being paid for. Why the need for me to pay more, for the sole reason my business is successful? This is a penalty for success.

I notice you are incapable of answering my question:

Do courts enforce property rights?

I'll answer your inquiry just as soon as you can get yourself to give an honest answer.

You really don't get. The court is already being funded. Why do I have to pay more just because I'm successful? I get to fund future projects too, like Solyndra.

You really don't get. The court is already being funded. Why do I have to pay more just because I'm successful? I get to fund future projects too, like Solyndra.
A simple yes or no will suffice: Are you ready to step away from your claim that private businesses enforce property rights and admit it's the role of the courts?

Then we can move on to addressing your next issue.

Probably one of the least intelligent things I've ever heard you say RW. You're way better than that most days. Try again.

Please...you can't be this stupid can you?

Your private legal team is useless without a government court system to enforce the laws. Your private legal team is useless without a government to pass laws that protect your companies intelectual and property rights
Your private security force is useless without local law enforcement to answer their calls, arrest perpetrators and sentence them to jail

Do you still claim your business does not need government

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney visited the empty Solyndra factory in mid-2012 as his campaign shifted from the primaries toward the convention and the general election. He criticized the bankruptcy and President Obama's previous support. Soon after Romney's visit to Solyndra another solar energy company, Konarka, declared bankruptcy. As Solyndra, Konarka had received federal financial support. But Konarka also had received 2002 financial support from then-Massachusetts Governor Romney's administration. As such Konarka became something of a counterpoint to Solyndra in the political exchange with the Democratic president.

Solyndra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well, it appears Romney was being dishonest by not disclosing he too had approved investing in the industry. One thing we can be sure of, Gov. Romney isn't going to be the transparent president (how about those taxes Mitt?).

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney visited the empty Solyndra factory in mid-2012 as his campaign shifted from the primaries toward the convention and the general election. He criticized the bankruptcy and President Obama's previous support. Soon after Romney's visit to Solyndra another solar energy company, Konarka, declared bankruptcy. As Solyndra, Konarka had received federal financial support. But Konarka also had received 2002 financial support from then-Massachusetts Governor Romney's administration. As such Konarka became something of a counterpoint to Solyndra in the political exchange with the Democratic president.

Solyndra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well, it appears Romney was being dishonest by not disclosing he too had approved investing in the industry. One thing we can be sure of, Gov. Romney isn't going to be the transparent president (how about those taxes Mitt?).

So a business that made it for 10 YEARS after the loan is the same as one that was already in financial trouble and wasnot suppose to get the loan, except the Obama adminstration fast tracked it.

Forum List

Back