Why Obama is so spineless?

Democracy = Rule of the People = Majority Rule = Mob Rule

Republic = Rule of Law

In a democracy 51% have absolute control over the other 49% of the population.

In a republic the elected officials defend the rights of all the people outlined in a constitution.

Why don't you look up the word in a dictionalry before posting nonsense:
Representative democracy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Don't make yourself look stupid.

Democracy - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

1 a : government by the people; especially : rule of the majority

Republic - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

b (1) : a government in which supreme power resides in a body of citizens entitled to vote and is exercised by elected officers and representatives responsible to them and governing according to law (2) : a political unit (as a nation) having such a form of government

Republic is a form of representative democracy. You will not find a single definition that claims otherwise.

Have you bothered to look at what your dear leader has said in the past regarding the debt and deficits? He has been as critical as any republican even when spending was at much lower levels. He has called our debt unpatriotic and an undue burden on future generations, do you really think he could get away with doing a flip on this one? We all know he could actually give a shit about any of it in practice, but he has to maintain the narrative to save face.

Obama does not need to maintain the narrative. Deficits are always bad, but cutting them while the economy is still weak is even worse. So there is no contradiction in criticizing Bush deficits and defending those Obama had to run.

Really? Didn't he also say raising taxes in a weak economy is also bad? Yet he raised taxes, tell me is he a liar or just stupid?

Obama never said that rising taxes on the rich is always bad in a weak economy. And he never suggested rising taxes on everyone else.

Republic is a form of representative democracy. You will not find a single definition that claims otherwise.

No sir. Even your own link says you're wrong.
The related term republic may have many different meanings. It normally means a state with an elected or otherwise non-monarchical head of state, such as the Islamic Republic of Iran or Republic of Korea.

Sometimes in the US it is used similarly to liberal (representative) democracy.[citation needed] For example:[3]

The United States relies on representative democracy, but its system of government is much more complex than that. It is not a simple representative democracy, but a constitutional republic in which majority rule is tempered.

Representative democracy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Democracies and Republics are not the same thing.

Last edited:
again who controls the purse....

Constitutionally, congress passes a law to spend money and the president signs it.

The house has done their job, the senate so far has refused to do theirs, until they do nothing can be presented to the president for signature. So what's your point?

Ah interesting you would blame just those people. When the house hasnt bothered to pass anything from the senate or the President.

Stalemate and you only blame one side...How hack

First the president can't introduce legislation in either house of congress, so that's a fail.

Second, if the two house pass different bill on the same subject, under normal order the bills would go to a conference committee to work out the differences and then send the combined conference bill back to both houses for a vote. Can you tell me how many bills have been passed using regular order since your dear leader took office? Neither house is obligated to give an up or down vote on a bill from the other house, that's the way the system is supposed to work. Your trying to force me to say the house controls the purse is asking me to admit to a lie, congress as a whole controls the purse. Only bills RAISING revenue are constitutionally required to originate in the house.

Obama is starting to show some balls

He wasted much of his first term trying to compromise with a group that had declared no compromise

Recently, he has started a take no prisoners tact with Republicans. Hold them responsible for their actions. No negotiations on the debt limit.

Its the only thing Republicans understand

ding ding ding!

Now playtime is over and no more mercy for republicans.

Obama does not need to maintain the narrative. Deficits are always bad, but cutting them while the economy is still weak is even worse. So there is no contradiction in criticizing Bush deficits and defending those Obama had to run.

Really? Didn't he also say raising taxes in a weak economy is also bad? Yet he raised taxes, tell me is he a liar or just stupid?

Obama never said that rising taxes on the rich is always bad in a weak economy. And he never suggested rising taxes on everyone else.

Now you're the liar, the last time they reauthorized the so called Bush tax cuts your dear leader said it was not good to raise any taxes in a bad economy. Now he has not only raised taxes on the "rich" he raised them on everyone that works. So I ask again, is he a liar or just stupid.

Now you're the liar, the last time they reauthorized the so called Bush tax cuts your dear leader said it was not good to raise any taxes in a bad economy. Now he has not only raised taxes on the "rich" he raised them on everyone that works. So I ask again, is he a liar or just stupid.

I think it's appropriate to bring this up again.

Those are the things Obama should be stressing over and over again, untilled they become a common knowledge.

"Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it."

I see you're very familiar with Hitler's quotes.

make-the-lie-big-make-it-simple-keep-saying-it-and-eventually-they-will-believe-it-adolf-hitler.jpg

Ah interesting you would blame just those people. When the house hasnt bothered to pass anything from the senate or the President.

Stalemate and you only blame one side...How hack

First the president can't introduce legislation in either house of congress, so that's a fail.

Second, if the two house pass different bill on the same subject, under normal order the bills would go to a conference committee to work out the differences and then send the combined conference bill back to both houses for a vote. Can you tell me how many bills have been passed using regular order since your dear leader took office? Neither house is obligated to give an up or down vote on a bill from the other house, that's the way the system is supposed to work. Your trying to force me to say the house controls the purse is asking me to admit to a lie, congress as a whole controls the purse. Only bills RAISING revenue are constitutionally required to originate in the house.

yes he can't but he can offer his plan that they can work with. Which they didnt. Oh well.

Yep, his dem controlled senate unanimously voted down his last budget proposal and still refused to offer a substitute, what wrong with that picture?

Obama isn't spineless. It appears that he is because he is playing both ends against the middle.

Obama is a young man with a young family which he is admirably devoted to. He has a long future ahead of him when he leaves Office and he's not about to step on the toes of any individual(s) or organizations which represent a significant potential threat to that future. This is why I strongly hoped Mike Gravel would have been nominated instead of Obama.

Gravel is a cranky old former Senator who has plenty of money and isn't afraid to express his disdain for the Congress and the way the Nation is governed. He already is living in his future and has no cause to worry about pissing anyone off.

The problem with Obama is he's trying to make an omelet without breaking any eggs, which simply cannot be done.

But he's still 100% better than Bush in every way.

An advocate of mob rule, how quaint. Gravel is a freak.

I don't know what you're talking about. Please clarify.

I'm sure you are misrepresenting what Obama said. He always maintained that he is going to rise taxes on the rich -- maybe not in the middle of recession, but soon after.

I'm sure you are misrepresenting what Obama said. He always maintained that he is going to rise taxes on the rich -- maybe not in the middle of recession, but soon after.

and you all are proud of that

and you all are proud of that

Of course we are. Rising the top tax rates was the right thing to do, and Obama made a good argument there.

I whish he would also dispel Republican lies about deficits and spending.

Forum List

Back